News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

New foods I'm trying

Started by Freeky, April 28, 2011, 02:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

So I'm making stuffed eggplant.  The first instruction (core eggplant) already has me stumped. :lulz:  HOw CAN THIS GO WRONG!?

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 28, 2011, 02:40:25 AM
So I'm making stuffed eggplant.  The first instruction (core eggplant) already has me stumped. :lulz:  HOw CAN THIS GO WRONG!?

That's easy, you just hollow out a portion like you normally would if you were about to fuck it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

DELICIOUS EGGPLANT! I LOVES IT!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

It was all right.  I don't really know how to cook eggplant, but the stuffing was delicious!

Dysfunctional Cunt

I love eggplant, you'll have to send me the stuffing recipe, I saw some beautiful little indian eggplant at the market the other day, I thought at the time they were cool because you could serve them indivdually like stuffed peppers.

Luna

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 28, 2011, 02:48:42 AM
Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 28, 2011, 02:40:25 AM

That's easy, you just hollow out a portion like you normally would if you were about to fuck it.

Note to self, eat NOTHING prepared (or even left unattended for any amount of time) at EoC's place...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Freeky

Quote from: Khara on April 28, 2011, 02:32:29 PM
I love eggplant, you'll have to send me the stuffing recipe, I saw some beautiful little indian eggplant at the market the other day, I thought at the time they were cool because you could serve them indivdually like stuffed peppers.
http://www.ummah.net/family/recipes/ablama.html

i used this recipe, only forgot about the rice and didn't use pine nuts, and threw some dates in there, and used chicken instead of beef.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 28, 2011, 04:32:35 PM

i used this recipe, only forgot about the rice and didn't use pine nuts, and threw some dates in there, and used chicken instead of beef.

THANK YOU!!

ground chicken or diced?

edited to ask....

QuoteCore the eggplants with a sharp knife or, better yet, with an eggplant corer (found in Middle Eastern stores), making sure not to break the skins.

WTF?  I mean if one took that literally......   :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I goddamn love stuffed eggplant.

FUCKING LOVE IT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Khara on April 28, 2011, 04:56:49 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 28, 2011, 04:32:35 PM

THANK YOU!!

ground chicken or diced?

edited to ask....

QuoteCore the eggplants with a sharp knife or, better yet, with an eggplant corer (found in Middle Eastern stores), making sure not to break the skins.

WTF?  I mean if one took that literally......   :lulz:

ground.

Freeky

Tripe.  Is it good? 

I've got the stuff for it, and I'll be making it in a few hours, and I know what it is, and its giving me the heebie jeebies, but I want to know if I like it, and I might as well ask if you spags like it for comparison's sake.

East Coast Hustle

Tripe is just the stomach lining from a cow. It's not the name of a specific dish.

Bible tripe (the kind you find at good pho places) is edible. Honeycomb tripe (the kind the Puerto Ricans use to make menudo) is absolutely disgusting, and this is coming from a person who gleefuly eats things like fish eyes and goat knuckles.

It's a shame too, since menudo is pretty damn good except for the part where it's full of tripe.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 12:28:46 AM
Tripe is just the stomach lining from a cow. It's not the name of a specific dish.

Bible tripe (the kind you find at good pho places) is edible. Honeycomb tripe (the kind the Puerto Ricans use to make menudo) is absolutely disgusting, and this is coming from a person who gleefuly eats things like fish eyes and goat knuckles.

It's a shame too, since menudo is pretty damn good except for the part where it's full of tripe.

:(  All the store had was honeycomb tripe. 

Also, http://www.cookstr.com/recipes/tripe-madrid-style this is what I'm making.

Eater of Clowns

I've only had a tripe soup at a Polish joint.  Don't know the difference between tripes, but it definitely had a honeycomb look to it.  It's not terrible, but it's definitely a bit of an endeavor to eat.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.