News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

What is it with all the 20-something drones?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 05, 2011, 08:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

@trippin: WAIT!  I thought you broke up with that dude...did I miss something?  :?

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on May 06, 2011, 08:47:25 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2011, 08:36:33 PM
Plus, as you've said TGRR, you don't want to be the 40-year-old at the club.

Well, I do, but that's because I have the wrong values. 

Plus I have a lot of clubs populated by my peer/age group.

Once I lose all my weight, I'm going to find a fucking club like that, because, and I don't care if this cougars me out, I LOVE to dance.  I fucking LOVE to dance.  And clubs are about the only way I can do this without feeling foolish.  So I'd love to find those 40-and-over places without looking fucking ridiculoso and go for it.

Once I lose all my weight.

Look for the gay nights, but make sure they're not aimed at twinks.  Early 80's nights should work, too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Once I lose all my weight, I'm going to find a fucking club like that, because, and I don't care if this cougars me out, I LOVE to dance.  I fucking LOVE to dance.  And clubs are about the only way I can do this without feeling foolish.  So I'd love to find those 40-and-over places without looking fucking ridiculoso and go for it.

Um, that IS a way to lose weight.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Fuck that, Jenne.

If you LOVE to dance, go DANCE.

Life's to short for "once I..." bullshit.  Do what you love, to hell with what other people think.

I was gonna wait until I lost the weight I want off to start fencing again...  Glad I didn't, on multiple levels.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2011, 08:50:15 PM

Look for the gay nights, but make sure they're not aimed at twinks.  Early 80's nights should work, too.

Gay clubs in general are NOT hard to find (Hillcrest, YO!), and I just need a night that yeah I can handle the music.  Though I can pretty much dance to anything, if I've the notion.  Oh and I need someone to go with, too.  My "usual" dance partner is postpartum...she can't go yet.  :(

I also need to steer clear from the 40's+-and-single scene because those scenes creep me the fuck out.  Gah.

Jenne

OK OK, yes, true enough.  I have an ego, too, DAMMIT.  :lol:  But you're right.  I'm a skinny girl in a fat chick's body.  I need to just get the fuck over it.

/done with my emo threadjack, sorry.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on May 06, 2011, 08:53:20 PM
OK OK, yes, true enough.  I have an ego, too, DAMMIT.  :lol:  But you're right.  I'm a skinny girl in a fat chick's body.  I need to just get the fuck over it.

The most interesting people I know are comfortable in their own skin.  If you're not happy with your appearance, change it...But don't let it stop you from having fun.

Dance.  What the fuck do you care what anyone thinks?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

A good disco night should work.  Also, there seems to be a resurgence of early 90's RnB nights around here. A little Whitney, Lisa Stansfield, or Tony! Toni! Toné!, anyone?

Luna

Trust me, I'm hauling a few more pounds than I want to be... but I'm done letting ANYTHING stop me from doing stuff I want to do.  I may occasionally wind up kneeling on the floor trying to catch my breath (the asthma doesn't help, and the air in the place we fight doesn't MOVE), I may take a couple extra breaks...  I may not be as fast on my feet as some (or most) of the guys...  But I am enjoying myself.

That's what counts.

Go.  Dance.   :)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2011, 07:38:46 PM
What's really interesting is how many people feel the need to point out that THEY aren't drones, when nobody here would assume they are.

So, it goes from "Tucson and Hamilton have this problem, and it can be inferred that it exists elsewhere" to "I had to walk 40 miles to work as a jackhammer bit in the salt mines, uphill both ways in a snowstorm, to pay for my degree, and I spent 10 years living in a paper bag in the gutter, but through grit and determination, I have accidentally the Horatio Alger."

I wonder what part of the human psyche drives that?

I almost made a rant about how I am drone..... :lulz:

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2011, 08:54:34 PM

The most interesting people I know are comfortable in their own skin.  If you're not happy with your appearance, change it...But don't let it stop you from having fun.

Dance.  What the fuck do you care what anyone thinks?

SLACK FOR THE SLACK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

President Television

I think I'm a drone.  :x
Though the reason I'm not paying rent is that my stepfather keeps mooching off me.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

Being the banker to my friends and family is pretty much the only reason I don't have to pay the extortionate rent prices around here.  I mean, seriously, £400 a month for a 2 bedroom flat? In this semi-agrarian shithole?  For £500 a month I could, with three other people, rent a four bedroom house, in central London.

Sita

Quote from: Luna on May 06, 2011, 08:36:29 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on May 06, 2011, 08:33:26 PM
One of my younger sister's friends is getting married this summer – both still live at home, part time jobs, in school. I mean no offense, but really?

Fucking hell.

Life lesson, never, EVER marry anybody who hasn't had to sweat paying rent.  If they can't exist as a functioning human under their own power, you're going to be carrying their sorry ass either for the rest of his or her life, or until you get tired of the load and chuck it to the curb.

And if you've never sweated paying rent, get out there and figure out how to get by on your own BEFORE you pick somebody else to lean on.  Some day you might HAVE to do it alone, and you're gonna be in piss poor shape if you haven't learned the skills.

Oh if only someone had told me that when I was younger. I went straight from home to marriage. I had about 6 months experience working doing dishes before I got pregnant and had to stop.

Now I'm 30 with no work experience (because, seriously, doing dishes is something anyone can do) and hoping that something doesn't happen to hubby that he isn't able to work. It seems that no one wants to hire a 30 year old woman whose been a stay at home mom for the past 9 years.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cain

Do some kind of volunteer work, if you want experience.  Most such groups wont turn people away, and you can get some kind of resume which proves you know more than how to wash dishes.

If there are any such places nearby, naturally.