News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

I need a sexy chicken recipe...(paging LMNO...)

Started by Suu, May 10, 2011, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Because us Italians, we gotta cook for our man when they stay over. It's a thing.

I have a metric shit ton of boneless chicken breast, since it's all I eat, so any suggestion on how to make it awesome would be appreciated. I can chili it, but I was looking for something a bit more gourmet. (I know, it's fucking CHICKEN).

Ideas?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

A variation on a scallopini, perhaps?

Or maybe a faux roulade?

Piccatta with lemon and capers over angel hair pasta?

Suu

Not a huge fan of picatta...Scallopine I could do.  I gotta go grab more pots and pans from Herbert this week. Maybe tomorrow I'll see what I can gank.

Disco Pickle

One of my favorite things to do with boneless chicken breast:

use crumbled goat cheese.  you can use the uncrumbled kind, but it's easier to mix in the herbs if it's crumbled.
sundried tomatoes
heavy creme
fresh minced garlic cloves

cut a pocket in the chicken breasts about 3/4 of the way in.  try not to cut all the way through, but it's not too big of a deal if you do.  I usually season the outside with light garlic salt and pepper.  Most of the flavor will come from the cheese.

I'm shit with portions so you'll have to eyeball it and season to your liking

rosemary
thyme
chives
garlic salt or minced fresh garlic
pepper

mix together with the goat cheese in a bowl.
spoon the seasoned cheese into the pockets in the chicken.  I don't try and close it up because if some of the cheese comes out while cooking, it'll become part of the sauce anyway.

melt a little butter in a pan big enough for the breasts.  place the breasts in the pan and cook on low to medium low heat. flip them over at about 7 minutes (depends on the thickness of the breast really. you want them cooked through without completely melting all of the cheese and causing it to run out.)

when they're done, plate them and pour heavy creme, minced garlic and the sundried tomatoes into the pan.  turn up to boiling and use a spatula to scrape the pan and mix it into the creme.  continue to stir until thick.

pour over the chicken and serve.  

veggies are your call, but I usually go with asparagus or brussels sprouts halved and pan cooked in butter with a spicy grill mates seasoning.  

[EDIT] while not exactly "gourmet" it is fucking delicious.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Eve Hill

*mouth watering* Gawd that sounds delicious!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 10, 2011, 06:48:00 PM
Not a huge fan of picatta...Scallopine I could do.  I gotta go grab more pots and pans from Herbert this week. Maybe tomorrow I'll see what I can gank.

WARNING! PEDANTRY AHEAD!

Scallopini isn't a recipe, it's just what you call meat after it's been pounded flat. In other words, you would use veal or chicken scallopini to make picatta with. Or, a dish would be "Chicken Scallopini with blah blah blah".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

only chicken i like is fried...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.   fried chiiiiicken

Triple Zero

Jamie Oliver had a recipe where you smash it flat, grated lemon zest and hard (italian) cheese on one side, then wrap it with bacon, or something along those lines. Also thyme. I think P3NT posted a video of it many years ago.

It's the only fancy recipe I know of with chicken breast, parts with bone attached have better flavour, IMO.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 11, 2011, 07:47:01 AM
Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 10, 2011, 06:48:00 PM

WARNING! PEDANTRY AHEAD!

Scallopini isn't a recipe, it's just what you call meat after it's been pounded flat. In other words, you would use veal or chicken scallopini to make picatta with. Or, a dish would be "Chicken Scallopini with blah blah blah".

This is why I have people like you and my brother in my life. To yell at me about how little I truly know about food.

East Coast Hustle

Chicken parm or chicken cordon bleu are both easy as hell and familiar enough that you won't freak anybody out with them. that's my suggestion.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Chicken parm is probably the winner. I just need to cook the damn sauce all day. I've never crock potted my sauce...Hopefully it won't suck.

trippinprincezz13

Though not often, I've done sauce in the crockpot before and had it come out good. Of course, the last time I used it, it decided to pick up several hair line cracks on the bottom (looks like mosaic, almost) for no-fucking-reason whatsoever, so gotta complain to GE and/or buy a new one...probably the latter  :sad:
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Suu

Meh, just put a couple of breasts in the fridge marinating in olive oil, adobo, oregano and basil. I'll bake them and make a gravy. Serving with mashed potatoes and green beans.

-Suu
Doesn't have hours to cook, unfortunately. :(