ITT, You ask TGRR anything about history, and get the REAL TRUTH™

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 10, 2011, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 22, 2011, 07:55:31 PM
What was really going on with lewis and clark? Huh?

Jefferson made them leave for a year because they started lip-synching BEARFORCE1 songs at his inaugural ball.  When they found some cool shit, Jefferson made it look like he sent them to do that on purpose.  Smelling lucrative book deals, they played along.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Why were the Roundheads called "the Roundheads"? I've seen "Roundhead" and "Cavalier" in reference to circumcised and uncircumcised penises, respectively. Was that why?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on November 22, 2011, 08:15:21 PM
Why were the Roundheads called "the Roundheads"? I've seen "Roundhead" and "Cavalier" in reference to circumcised and uncircumcised penises, respectively. Was that why?

The Roundheads were mostly recruited in central and South England.  The cavaliers were all from Wales (observe, for example, the shape of Coyote's skull). 

As for the weird fucking penis reference, I'm just gonna chalk that up to "Texas".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Lenin McCarthy

Why did the Chinese stop exploring the world and turned into isolationist bastards?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2011, 08:21:53 PM

The Roundheads were mostly recruited in central and South England.  The cavaliers were all from Wales (observe, for example, the shape of Coyote's skull). 

As for the weird fucking penis reference, I'm just gonna chalk that up to "Texas".

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :mittens:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Phox

I assume anyone who has more than one street named after them qualifies? Even if they are in the same town? Well, regardless: was Carl Sandburg really a space lesbian vixen? and if not, why the fuck not?!

Nephew Twiddleton

How did the english really take over the world? Theyre as bad as us irish so i dont really understand what happened. Did they have help from.... You know.... Mole people?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2011, 08:21:53 PM

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

leln

Why did Audubon make his works so fucking expensive? Even back in the day they were overpriced, so how did he ever expect to make money off his fascination with winged creatures before he died?

After he died it's a given that prices go up, but who did he think he was fooling while he lived?
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Suu

If Sherman and Lee were to meet today on an episode of Deadliest Warrior, on their own, with no armies, what would happen?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Stupid hat Uncleverson on November 22, 2011, 11:00:36 PM
I assume anyone who has more than one street named after them qualifies? Even if they are in the same town? Well, regardless: was Carl Sandburg really a space lesbian vixen? and if not, why the fuck not?!

Carl Sandburg wrote really bad poetry, except when he was on drugs, whereupon he wrote really strange really bad poetry:

I saw a man upon the stair
A little man who was not there
He was not there again today
I wish that man would go away.

See?  You don't dream that kind of shit up on a cup of coffee.  So, anyway, to protect the nation's youth, Potter Stewart had him dragged down into the basement of the Supreme Court, where they handed him over to the grabby girls for a day or three.  Nobody really talked about it much.

He came back, but he never wrote shit like that again.  He stuck to poems about trees, flowers, love, and the essential beauty of the free market, until the day he died.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 23, 2011, 05:09:56 AM
If Sherman and Lee were to meet today on an episode of Deadliest Warrior, on their own, with no armies, what would happen?

They'd probably get drunk on cheap whiskey and chat about how nice things were before the war, before they had to walk over 6 foot high mounds of bodies. 

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A