News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

ITT, You ask TGRR anything about history, and get the REAL TRUTH™

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 10, 2011, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on November 23, 2011, 08:30:07 PM
and apparently the diagrams of the relevant parts only confused him further :?

Yes.

That really happened.

:?

It still defies plausibility.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

This thread took a hilarious turn.  :lulz: 

Roger, was there any sort of Masonic imagery connected with Mr Rogers?  Or Mr Robinson, for that matter?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Science me, babby on November 23, 2011, 10:31:01 PM
This thread took a hilarious turn.  :lulz: 

Roger, was there any sort of Masonic imagery connected with Mr Rogers?  Or Mr Robinson, for that matter?

Mr Rogers was a kind, gentle man who took no part in politics or backroom dealing1.  Mr Robinson was too busy stealing ear rings that still had bits of ear on them to be interested in Masonic shit. 

1  Except that one time the hippie dude tried to ride on the trolley.  Nobody wants to talk about that day, and the network buried the episode, paid off the families of traumatized children, and got Fred Rogers the help he needed.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2011, 02:23:12 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 23, 2011, 05:09:56 AM
If Sherman and Lee were to meet today on an episode of Deadliest Warrior, on their own, with no armies, what would happen?

They'd probably get drunk on cheap whiskey and chat about how nice things were before the war, before they had to walk over 6 foot high mounds of bodies. 

Truth100

Did ANYTHING in the Bible ever actually happen?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on November 23, 2011, 11:50:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2011, 02:23:12 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 23, 2011, 05:09:56 AM
If Sherman and Lee were to meet today on an episode of Deadliest Warrior, on their own, with no armies, what would happen?

They'd probably get drunk on cheap whiskey and chat about how nice things were before the war, before they had to walk over 6 foot high mounds of bodies. 

Truth100

Did ANYTHING in the Bible ever actually happen?

Almost definitely.  Most of the flood mythos is taken from the Babylonians, and may have some kernel of truth to it.  Likewise, the Jews in Egypt thing is garbled, but likely based somewhat on actual events.  Pontus Pilate was a real guy.  So, yeah, some of it is true, though I am continually disappointed by the lack of 7 headed beasties, etc, that were PROMISED in Revelation.

Phox

On that note, Judas Iscariot, rat bastard traitor, scorned lover, or secret servant?

Triple Zero

In which case, the REAL TRUTH about wtf was going on in Ezekiel.

And if he was just tripping his balls off how come at the end of the story he's in a city 200 miles from where he started out? (or so they told me, I admit I never read it until the end, but the beginning was trippy as fuck)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I read that Jesus was fathered by a Roman soldier named Pantera.
WHO MARY'S BABYDADDY?  :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, we've one from "history" to "mythology".

Back on topic, please.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Phox

Okay. Here's one. What's the story with Eliot Ness? And I mean the REAL story? We all know the OfficialTM version, and some of us know the Chicago version, but I gotta know the truth.