News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

pc game review: rise of nations

Started by Horab Fibslager, September 11, 2004, 09:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

lemme start off by sayng i abhor the rts genre. i bought rise fo nations because i tried the patriots demo, and lieked it. i should've stopepd right there however, as patriots is aexpack that requires teh full game and homie don't play that.  regardless, this game gets 10 stars because of that one time i spent the afternoon nukign the crap out of midieval japan.

if you liek rts, you'll probaly liek this game.

fro me, the goodness of rts died when i defeated several top ranked korean starcraft players at their national sport.
Hell is other people.

B_M_W

You play Starcrack? For how long?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Slarti

starcraft is all about ling rushes. everything else is there to make you think the game actually has substance.  i find rise of nations to be my favorite real time strategy games, as it combines the best elements of the Civilization series with the best elements of the Age of games (like Age of Mythology). Even though dawn of way is cool too.

CannedLizard

Quote from: Slartibartfaststarcraft is all about ling rushes.

Ling rushes? You get a bunch of chinese guys lined up and have them run straight at the guy playing against you while yelling at the top of their voices?

I thought I invented that.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Fuck the zerg rush.

My life for Aiur!

Horab Fibslager

i was alaways a great fan of the base plasmagun fortress and go mass carriers with arbiters and observers and god fuck soem some shit up. course zerg air def buildings and scourges when applied insufficent numbers really hurts this strat, especialyl if the go all air fortress up on your poor elf wannabe ass :mrgreen: i hate that gaem so much.
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: Z¬?Fuck the zerg rush.

My life for Aiur!

amen brotha.

Mass carriers=Instant Win.

Slarti

not if the other person has half a brain and ling rushes your ass.

East Coast Hustle

aeiuj de cin bezono al preni en vivo. venkitos.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

or if he goes mass air def.(the obvious late game defence, if you're expecting  mass air from your opponent)

3 or 4 gorups of scourges alone wil decimate an entire carrier rush. it's incredibly easy as zerg to follow that up  with a crap load of those zerg flying units(the deadly fart and longrange bomber ones) then retaliate.

tehn that's what the base plasma cannnon fortress is for, to slow down teh enemy long enough to build up another carrier group and soem arbiters.

it should be noted while humans got soem wicked anti air units, humans in genreal are entirely too space unefficient to mount a viabel lategame defence/attack.
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

na man, nothing can stop mass carriers. if you've warped in alot of carriers and don't win instantly you don't ahve enough carriers.

think about it. if it wasn't true, it wouldn't be on the net.

edit: the only thing that can beat mass carriers is an SCV rush.

Horab Fibslager

if you rushed me with scvs i'd ignroe them and keep building.
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: horab fibslagerif you rushed me with scvs i'd ignroe them and keep building.

you've obviously never seen the power of an SCV rush.

*goes off to look for the SCV rush video*

Slarti

okay well you guys know what needs to be done, don't you? PD.COM STARCRAFT MATCH!  i'm serious, everyone who wants to participate, just post your time zone and when you can play and we should plan this, it'll be roxxorz.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Slartibartfastokay well you guys know what needs to be done, don't you? PD.COM STARCRAFT MATCH!  i'm serious, everyone who wants to participate, just post your time zone and when you can play and we should plan this, it'll be roxxorz.

i was afraid this would happen.

now i have to go on a grand adventure to find my starcraft disc, then i have to brush up on my clicking skills, all the while checking out th echanges to tweak my counterstrokes and all that.

can we agree on money maps tho? i find regualr maps to be incomprehensibly boring.

and can we do soem zerglign blood and simpsons matches into the mix? r and maybe a ww2 match? we gotta go all out.
Hell is other people.