News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

The Sign.

Started by Lies, May 12, 2011, 04:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

There was once a small sleepy village in outback Australia, that was a relatively peaceful community where nothing much happened.
In this village lived two brothers, Marcus and Angus, who worked on their parents farm.
They shore sheep, tended to the crops, and did all the typical things farm boys do growing up on a farm.  

One day, as they were walking to town to gather some groceries, they noticed a new sign by the side of the road that said "The worlds best sausage rolls, East -->"

Marcus was feeling pretty hungry and decided he could really go for a sausage roll, so he asked Angus if he could borrow some of the money their parents gave them for the groceries and said he'd get one for Angus too, and so he got the money off of him and went in the direction the sign pointed to for the supposedly worlds best sausage rolls while Angus went to get the groceries, saying that he'll meet up with him back home afterwards.

Angus went to get the groceries, a mostly uneventful trip really, although he did see a cat kill a possum, since this is a pretty small sleepy town, that's about as exciting as things got.

When Angus got home, he looked for his brother in the kitchen, hoping to try out the worlds best sausage rolls with him, but Marcus was no where to be found.  
He asked his parents if Marcus had returned yet, and they said not that they knew of, and that they thought that Marcus was with him.  
He told them that they separated at the sign, and hadn't heard from him since, expecting to meet him back at home.  

Angus looked around the farm for his brother, but he was nowhere to be seen, and figured he still must be on his way...

Hours pass, and there's still no sign of Marcus, and their parents start worrying about him, and so decides to try and go out and look for him.  

Angus wanted to come along as well, but his parents told him it's probably best that he stay at home in case Marcus does come home.
And so the parents went in the direction they assumed Marcus went, directed by the sign.  

Several more hours pass, and no one returns home, and Angus began to worry.  

So he went out into town, and told Mr AccaDacca, a good friend of his parents, what had happened.  
Mr AccaDacca told Angus not to fret, as he was an excellent bush tracker, and would find their trail and them in no time.
So off he went to find Angus's parents...

Several more hours passed, and still, no one had returned yet. Angus was really starting to get worried, but knew Mr AccaDacca was the best tracker in Australia, and tried his best not to become too concerned, telling himself over and over that things will be fine.  

Eventually, he fell asleep waiting for everyone to return home, and woke up to a beautiful morning the next day, but still no sign of his family or Mr AccaDacca.

So he goes back into town, and tells some other town people about what had happened.
The town people worried, as they knew that Mr AccaDacca was the best tracker in the world, and if he had disappeared, something must be seriously wrong.
So they formed a search party, consisting of half the towns population, to go out and try and find Angus's family and Mr AccaDacca, while Angus stayed behind, as someone needed  to tend to the farm regardless of the situation.

The day goes by and Angus starts to become greatly concerned as the evening approaches.  
So he goes back into town to see if anyone had returned, only to find... that all the other towns people had disappeared as well.

Angus was all alone, and scared, and worried, and didn't know what to do.
He wondered, is there some sort of monster out there, that has captured and eaten all the towns people? Maybe war has broken out, and enemy soldiers have captured everyone?

Well, Angus could sit around no longer, and had to do something.

So he went back to the farm, got his fathers shotgun, some rope, a flashlight, and packed a bag with survival gear and food, and painted his face black and put on his camo clothes.

He leaves and makes his way to follow that accursed sign that began all this... but just as he's getting close to the sign, he see's a light in the distance, heading towards him.  
"That must be the monster or the soldiers! I better hide!" Angus said to himself.  
So he ducked into the bushes, and waited for the light to get closer... and closer... and closer...

Then he could start to make out a shape behind the light, and it seemed oddly familiar...
Feeling brave, Angus turned on his flashlight and shined it on the shape...
It was his brother, Marcus!

Angus ran up to him, and shouted, "MARCUS! You're back! Where have you been? Where is everyone else?"

Marcus smiled, handed Angus the roll he promised, and told him,  
"Well, it's a long way to the shop, if you want a sausage roll".        

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Phox

Quote from: Lies on May 12, 2011, 04:24:21 AM

There was once a small sleepy village in outback Australia, that was a relatively peaceful community where nothing much happened.
In this village lived two brothers, Marcus and Angus, who worked on their parents farm.
They shore sheep, tended to the crops, and did all the typical things farm boys do growing up on a farm. 

One day, as they were walking to town to gather some groceries, they noticed a new sign by the side of the road that said "The worlds best sausage rolls, East -->"
Marcus was feeling pretty hungry and decided he could really go for a sausage roll, so he asked Angus if he could borrow some of the money their parents gave them for the groceries and said he'd get one for Angus too, and so he got the money off of him and went in the direction the sign pointed to for the supposedly worlds best sausage rolls while Angus went to get the groceries, saying that he'll meet up with him back home afterwards.

Angus went to get the groceries, a mostly uneventful trip really, although he did see a cat kill a possum, since this is a pretty small sleepy town, that's about as exciting 
as things got.

When Angus got home, he looked for his brother in the kitchen, hoping to try out the worlds best sausage rolls with him, but Marcus was no where to be found. 
He asked his parents if Marcus had returned yet, and they said not that they knew of, and that they thought that Marcus was with him. 
He told them that they separated at the sign, and hadn't heard from him since, expecting to meet him back at home.   

Angus looked around the farm for his brother, but he was nowhere to be seen, and figured he still must be on his way...

Hours pass, and there's still no sign of Marcus, and their parents start worrying about him, and so decide to try and go out and look for him. 

Angus wanted to come along as well, but his parents told him it's probably best that he stay at home in case Marcus does come home.
And so the parents went in the direction they assumed Marcus went, directed by the sign. 

Several more hours pass, and no one returns home, and Angus began to worry. 

So he went out into town, and told Mr AccaDacca, a good friend of his parents, what had happened. 
Mr AccaDacca told Angus not to fret, as he was an excellent bush tracker, and would find their trail and them in no time.
So off he went to find Angus's parents...

Several more hours passed, and still, no one had returned yet. Angus was really starting to get worried, but knew Mr AccaDacca was the best tracker in Australia, and 
tried his best not to become too concerned, telling himself over and over that things will be fine. 

Eventually, he fell asleep waiting for everyone to return home, and wakes up to a beautiful morning the next day, but still no sign of his family or Mr AccaDacca.

So he goes back into town, and tells some other town people about what had happened.
The town people worried, as they knew that Mr AccaDacca the best tracker in the world, and if he had disappeared, something must be seriously wrong.
So they formed a search party, consisting of half the towns population, to go out and try and find Angus's family and Mr AccaDacca, while Angus stayed behind, as someone needed 
to tend to the farm regardless of the situation.

The day goes by and Angus starts to become greatly concerned as the evening approaches. 
So he goes back into town to see if anyone had returned, only to find... that all the other towns people had disappeared as well.

Marcus was all alone, and scared, and worried, and didn't know what to do.
He wondered, is there some sort of monster out there, that has captured and eaten all the towns people? Maybe war has broken out, and enemy soldiers have captured everyone?

Well, Marcus could sit around no longer, and had to do something.

So he went back to the farm, got his fathers shotgun, some rope, a flashlight, and packed a bag with survival gear and food, and painted his face black and put on his camo clothes.

He leaves and makes his way to follow that accursed sign that began all this... but just as he's getting close to the sign, he see's a light in the distance, heading towards him. 
"That must the monster or the soldiers! I better hide!" Angus said to himself. 
So he ducked into the bushes, and waiting for the lights to get closer... and closer... and closer...

Then he could start to make out a shape behind the light, and it seemed oddly familiar...
Feeling brave, Angus turned on his flashlight and shined it on the shape...
It was his brother, Marcus!

Angus ran up to him, and shouted, "MARCUS! You're back! Where have you been? Where is everyone else?"

Marcus smiled, handed Angus the roll he promised, and told him, 
"Well, it's a long way to the shop, if you want a sausage roll".

1) You mixed u the names a couple times. might want to fix it.
2) I hate you. Seriously.

Lies

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 12, 2011, 04:28:12 AM
1) You mixed u the names a couple times. might want to fix it.
2) I hate you. Seriously.

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out :D

And you're welcome.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Rumckle

:lulz:

Mr AccaDacca gave it away a bit though.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Lies

Quote from: Rumckle on May 12, 2011, 08:58:20 AM

Mr AccaDacca gave it away a bit though.

Well, it's supposed to be a subtle clue, still hits the mark at the end, right?

Also, Marcus and Angus... the brothers who started ACDC ;)
- Oh it exists, and how!

Rumckle

Yeah, still good.

And I did know of Angus, I'm not that terrible at being Australian (not Marcus though)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I feel like I must have missed out on something culturally huge, because I don't get it at all.   :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I think it has something to do with ACDC.  I don't get it either, though I thought the story was funny.

OH!

"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll."

"It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll."

Lol, joke killing ITT

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: Rumckle on May 12, 2011, 11:17:08 AM
Yeah, still good.

And I did know of Angus, I'm not that terrible at being Australian (not Marcus though)

That's because his name is Malcolm, not Marcus. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rumckle

that would probably explain it

Laughin Jude

ACDC, Ace of Base, what's the difference?
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Anna Mae Bollocks

I thought you changed "Malcolm" to "Marcus" on purpose to keep from giving it entirely away early on.
I think it works better with "Marcus".  Or just put the other brother, the producer guy that had a hit in the 60's. Everybody forgets him.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Lies

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 12, 2011, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: Rumckle on May 12, 2011, 11:17:08 AM
Yeah, still good.

That's because his name is Malcolm, not Marcus. 
Was wondering if anyone would pick up on that :P
It was originally going to be Malcolm but I wrote Marcus instead by accident and figured "fuck it" and just went along with it.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Lies

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 12, 2011, 04:41:11 PM
I think it has something to do with ACDC.  I don't get it either, though I thought the story was funny.

OH!

"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll."

"It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll."

Lol, joke killing ITT

It's ok, *someone* has to ruin the joke, at least, for once, it's not me.
- Oh it exists, and how!