News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

They killes Rock and Roll

Started by Adios, May 20, 2011, 03:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Demeanor

I pretty much dislike "christian" themed music but I do adore Jeff Bates(and he writes most of his own music) so.........http://youtu.be/RgAlfGZlE2M
JESUS SAVES!   By shopping wisely and using double coupons!

Adios

Miss Demeanor

Adios

Quote from: Miss Demeanor on May 20, 2011, 11:26:44 PM
Here it is, Charley, just for you!
http://youtu.be/gLNmvaACJno

Living here at PD I have developed the survival skill of unclicking a YouTube link before it even starts, because I speed read the topic first. Of course developing that skill took 10 years off of my Immortality.

Adios

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

some modern mainstream people dont suck  :argh!:
and can sing live and everything! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycmhtJPlXuk

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Miss Demeanor

I really like Adele's music.  Her album is one of the few that I was willing to buy the whole thing.

George Strait....what can I say?  He's King George.

East Coast Hustle

I completely do not understand peoples' fascination with this Adele person.

Unless things have gotten so bad that being mildly talented is reason enough to put someone on a pedestal.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

There are a few Christian-themed bands that I've really dug.  King's X and Galactic Cowboys both put out some really interesting music and didn't get too preachy.  And then there was the flash-in-a-pan band Mutha's Day Out.  Anybody remember them?  Good band that did the heavy-rock rap thing before it became really popular. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 21, 2011, 05:01:49 PM

Unless things have gotten so bad that being mildly talented is reason enough to put someone on a pedestal.

Things are that bad.

I listened to her album, 21.  There were maybe two stand-out tracks.  The rest was mediocre filler that would play perfectly in the background to any office elevator system.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on May 21, 2011, 05:42:36 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 21, 2011, 05:01:49 PM

Things are that bad.

I listened to her album, 21.  There were maybe two stand-out tracks.  The rest was mediocre filler that would play perfectly in the background to any office elevator system.

Yeah. She's like a Lulu knockoff.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 21, 2011, 05:40:37 PM
There are a few Christian-themed bands that I've really dug.  King's X and Galactic Cowboys both put out some really interesting music and didn't get too preachy.  And then there was the flash-in-a-pan band Mutha's Day Out.  Anybody remember them?  Good band that did the heavy-rock rap thing before it became really popular. 

Oh, FUCK YES. That Mutha's Day Out album is still one of my all-time favorites. You're literally the only person I've ever known who heard of it who didn't hear of it through me. Never realized they were Christian, though.

Also really dug Galactic Cowboys. Space In Your Face was an awesome album.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 21, 2011, 06:04:06 PM
Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 21, 2011, 05:40:37 PM

Oh, FUCK YES. That Mutha's Day Out album is still one of my all-time favorites. You're literally the only person I've ever known who heard of it who didn't hear of it through me. Never realized they were Christian, though.

Also really dug Galactic Cowboys. Space In Your Face was an awesome album.

The Christian angle was pretty subtle in their music, it wasn't until after they broke up that most of them ended up joining/starting other bands that were more overtly Christian. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I knew Mikal Moore was the singer for some Christian band. It just always seemed that most of the religious references in their songs were more along the lines of being disillusioned, but probably just how my own filters interpreted the ambiguity. Still, Locked and Get A Clue make me wanna get up and kick things to this very day.