News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Reid vs Rand on The Patriot Act

Started by Disco Pickle, May 25, 2011, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2011, 03:40:30 AM
It's easy to take noble but doomed and utterly futile political positions once a fix is already in.

The Pauls are both good at that.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on May 27, 2011, 03:43:40 AM
Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2011, 03:40:30 AM
It's easy to take noble but doomed and utterly futile political positions once a fix is already in.

The Pauls are both good at that.

Yeah.  Very good indeed. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:07:51 PM
Misrepresenting my posts, now?

:lol:

You useless piece of shit.

Not in the least.  I should really make a thread devoted to all the lies you tell about people you don't like.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:30:43 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:24:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:22:46 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:19:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 09:14:30 PM
I know Slyph has been reading a lot of Objectivist philosophy lately, and in the thread in question, he suggested that actually Objectivists would find the negligent manslaughter as being "more evil", as the level of "evasion" was greater.

But who are you going to trust, a guy who has been driving himself crazy with Ayn Rand's brainfarts for the past few months and had no reason to take one side over the other, or someone looking to score points in a personal argument?

I missed his post.  And I don't see anything wrong with his argument.  Roger's claim however is that Objectivists believe any act of negligence is the same as attempted murder.  There is not, as far as I can tell, any reason for this claim.

Except that "the same", "as bad", "equivalent", "tantamount", etc. are synonymous?

Unless you're being pedantic about my use of 'the same' I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Pedantry?  :eek:

Roger was saying that Objectivists believe that negligence is a crime tantamount to attempted murder. Short handed in an easily understood way that when a pedantic asshole comes along they could misrepresent it as being one and the same. Everyone but YOU understood what he was saying. Fuck off.

Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 09:25:52 PM
So..  Man, that Patriot Act.  That's some Act, hu?   :)
FUCK YOU REQUIA DIED FROM THE PATRIOT ACT!

Ok, so you're being pedantic as fuck, because I didn't use the right words for you.

That right there is PURE COMEDY GOLD.  :lulz:

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:55:01 PM
Ok so, I hate to drag an old argument into a new thread, but I can't find the last thread that this one was dragged into.

On the temporary banning of Roger in IRC:

While I still believe you were spamming, and both deserved and needed to be banned, I should never have taken it upon myself to make that decision because I was involved, and being involved I can't trust my judgment on the matter.

So, I apologize for it.

Requia you really should be proud. Some people aspire, nay, DREAM of being as big of an assshat you are. Fuck, you can derail a thread with a single post. I could give myself a hernia trying to reach your levels of Autism.

P.S.

Go to your profile and click on "Show last posts". If you cant find it there go to Apple Talk and make a thread titled "ATTN:Roger/PD Im an enormous chode please rape my face" instead of derailing a perfectly good and rather interesting thread.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on May 27, 2011, 04:50:04 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:55:01 PM
Ok so, I hate to drag an old argument into a new thread, but I can't find the last thread that this one was dragged into.

On the temporary banning of Roger in IRC:

While I still believe you were spamming, and both deserved and needed to be banned, I should never have taken it upon myself to make that decision because I was involved, and being involved I can't trust my judgment on the matter.

So, I apologize for it.

Requia you really should be proud. Some people aspire, nay, DREAM of being as big of an assshat you are. Fuck, you can derail a thread with a single post. I could give myself a hernia trying to reach your levels of Autism.

P.S.

Go to your profile and click on "Show last posts". If you cant find it there go to Apple Talk and make a thread titled "ATTN:Roger/PD Im an enormous chode please rape my face" instead of derailing a perfectly good and rather interesting thread.

This.

But it's the only attention it gets, anymore, so it does this shit on purpose.

The difference between Internet Assburgers and Aspergers Syndrome is that people with Aspergers Syndrome, while sometimes clueless, actually care about other people's feelings.