News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Practical Time Travel (as envisioned by Alfred Jarry)

Started by QueenThera, May 30, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenThera

http://dev.null.org/psychoceramics/archives/1995.12/msg00065.html

I just found this article online, detailing his ideas on how to make time travel happen.

I'm interested in hearing why this doesn't work, and what would have to be true for this to work.

Because I'm not quite sure I understand this article. So, I thought I would go to the experts.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's nothing but a collection of extremely vague ideas shrouded in steampunk terminology.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

QueenThera

Oh. I didn't think steampunk technically existed in his time period.

And I thought the description of how to build a time machine was at least concrete. *shrug*
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on May 30, 2011, 05:55:20 PM

And I thought the description of how to build a time machine was at least concrete. *shrug*

Hahahahahaha! No.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

:winner:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Build it.