News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Discordian Memorial Meat Up 2011: WE SURVIVED!

Started by Cramulus, May 30, 2011, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Memorial Day 2011. 13 spags assemble in a haunted house in Connecticut. Guests arrive from as far as Florida, the Netherlands, New York, and all over New England. We rented out this house for two days.

Here's a few of the highlights:
http://cram.imgur.com/memorial_day_meetup_2011

This thread is for pics, anecdotes, artifacts, et cetera & discordia.

Cramulus

My "best of" photos folder from the Discordian Meet Up

Here's Triple Zero, trying to get the full American experience. So he's sitting on the front porch, whittling and chanting "I am an American and I have rights!".

Cramulus

On Sunday, there was a NOT UNDER MY ROOF match between Cainad and Dimo. They had to settle this important question: Who is the better black vampire? Blade or Blackula?

album:
http://cram.imgur.com/not_under_my_roof_cainad_vs_dimo

highlights:

Dimo thinks the best blackula is blackula
Cainad thinks the best blackula is blade

WHAT? IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

GET OVER HERE, BITCH PIE

CAINAD IS NOT GONNA TAKE THAT TRASH, HE'S GONNA THROW IT

THAT LAYS DIMO OUT ON THE FLOOR, WHERE HE WRITHES AROUND INEFFECTIVELY AND THEORETICALLY COVERED IN GARBAGE

THEN, HE GRABS A CHAIR AND COMES AT CAINAD WITH A VENGEANCE

CAINAD BLOCKS DIMO'S ATTACK WITH ONE OF THE MANY KNOBS WHICH COMPRISE CAINAD'S BODY

DIMO SLIDES A CHAIR INTO CAINAD'S CROTCH, PINNING HIM IN PLACE

THEN, DIMO GRABS A BROOM AND TIDIES UP

AS CAINAD STRUGGLES TO MAINTAIN CONSCIOUSNESS, HE IS PELTED WITH CRAP FROM THE FRIDGE. HE ESCAPES THE HOUSE WITH HIS LIFE AND LOSES.

THE MATCH IS SETTLED

BLACKULA IS THE BETTER BLACK VAMPIRE.

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Cuddlefish

Also, dimo has new favorite game evar. I will start a North East US Pro "NUMR" league.

Cramulus

DIMO VERSUS RICHTER

WHO HAS THE COOLER HAT?

MY HAT HAS MY BAND'S LOGO ON IT, YOUR HAT JUST COVERS UP SOME SHITTY HEAD

SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

DIMO FOCUSES, PREPARING HIMSELF FOR FIVE KNUCKLES OF RICHTER'S SPINE SHATTERING FURY

FOR A SECOND, DIMO THINKS HE'S ABOUT TO THROW RICHTER DOWN THE STAIRS

IS THIS THE END FOR RICHTER??????

EPIC REVERSAL!

DIMO IS LAYED OUT ON THE RAILS, ABOUT TO BE THROWN OFF THE PROPERTY

CALMING HIMSELF, HE TAPS INTO HIS INNER RESERVE

HE CRACKS RICHTER WITH A CHAIR

AND THEN...

DIMO KICKS RICHTER'S ASS UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS

BEATEN AND BRUISED, RICHTER GETS KNOCKED OFF THE PORCH

VICTORY FOR DIMO

full album: http://imgur.com/a/PkSh0

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

FUCK YEAH

I should have played a game, it was happening around me, extremely awesome, but there was just sooooo much going on ALL THE TIME I didn't get around to it.
maybe I can play it this week with Dimo, I'll probably see him and he got your playtesting printout cards.

I forgot to ask, with others playing it all the time, did you learn a lot? Like things or rules to tweak? Or is the game pretty much finished / in its optimal tweaked state right now?

This was probably one of the greatest weekends ever :)

000GF is sleeping at Suu's couch right now, I'm breathing her airco (it's not-very-funny-wet+hot, in here) and my wrist hurts from practicing stick fighting with Richter (I managed to knock the stick out of his hands, so I was doin it right) and typing is making it kinda moar hurty ... oops

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

by "a game" I mean NUMR, cause we did set up a game of 1000 Blank White Cards, which was HILARIOUS as well.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Cuddlefish

Ho-lee hell! I think that last pic is the happiest I've ever been in a photograph.

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 30, 2011, 10:06:04 PM
FUCK YEAH

I should have played a game, it was happening around me, extremely awesome, but there was just sooooo much going on ALL THE TIME I didn't get around to it.
maybe I can play it this week with Dimo, I'll probably see him and he got your playtesting printout cards.

I forgot to ask, with others playing it all the time, did you learn a lot? Like things or rules to tweak? Or is the game pretty much finished / in its optimal tweaked state right now?

I think, after playing a few two player and multi-player matches, that the game is pretty tight. I think there could be one or two new cards added for flavor/efficiency, but very little needs changing.

If Cram doen't mind, I'd like to do a little tweaking, and add some "character specific" cards (like unique special moves based on IRL spags). It's my new favorite game, and I think a WWF style "soap opera" setting and events, backstories and rivalries, and other cheap plot devices could really help this game take off on a larger scale. I mean, think "Larp" but with "NUMR"  

Adios

Luna

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 30, 2011, 10:17:35 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast.

Doesn't even start to cover it.  Awesome time.

NUMR was a kick, and trying a four-player game was hysterical.  (I set Richter up, and Dimo knocked 'im down, it goes a LOT faster.)

Richter was a god of the grill, and anytime the Squids offer to make pasta and from-scratch sauce, LET THEM.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Luna on May 30, 2011, 10:20:06 PM
and anytime the Squids offer to make pasta and from-scratch sauce, LET THEM.

THIS!

Luna

Things we're going to remember (but might wish we didn't):

1000 Blank Cards...  Who the heck played the card on Cram giving him a ton of points if he could poomp on command?  And I'm thinking that Richter, who had to verify said poomp, should have been awarded sympathy points.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."