News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Budweiser & Clamato: A Review

Started by Eater of Clowns, May 31, 2011, 01:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Eve on June 01, 2011, 08:22:56 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 01, 2011, 08:11:16 PM
FTR, I found the drink pretty refreshing.

You would. I feel your judgment is questionable after the framed holographic Jesus art incident, though.

Hush you.

The best part about my good decisions is that they're frequently indistinguishable from my bad decisions!   :D
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jenne

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 01, 2011, 08:12:24 PM
THis thread makes me want to get some tomato juice and lager and Tapatio and do SCIENCE!!!

LIME!  Do NOT forget the lime.  Otherwise, all is lost.

Jenne

Quote from: Luna on June 01, 2011, 08:05:05 PM
Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 07:59:51 PM
Aw, is not slimy.  :lulz:  Sounds like it would be though.

I think this might be a regional thing, though.  West-coasters and Southerners seem able to hack it better.

Is.

I tried it.

(Though, for the record, I find tomato juice, in general, slimy.)

Well, there you go then.

Jenne

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 01, 2011, 08:22:23 PM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 01, 2011, 08:12:24 PM
THis thread makes me want to get some tomato juice and lager and Tapatio and do SCIENCE!!!

Do not forget the clam juice, that is an important part.

Yeah, skipping the clam is ok in my book.  Not the same as the Bud version, but that's ok.  Just means it's different.

My latest tactic is to go to bars/Mexican joints and ask for THEIR versions.

LMNO

After some thought and discussion with 000, I would like to point out that there is undoubtedly an enormous difference between a hand-mixed concoction of decent beer, tomato juice, and various flavorings, be it hot sauce or clam juice.

But remember:

This is Budweiser.  And some other sort of liquid produced by Budweiser.  Pre-mixed.  In a can.

Jenne

That's ok.  I stand by my LOVING of it.

Like Nigel said--nothing beats grabbing a cold one of that fucker and downing it when the thirst needs slaking.

Also, I only ever RESERVE this recipe for the shit-beers.  If it's good enough to drink on its own, it don't NEED this kind of treatment.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 01, 2011, 08:35:25 PM
After some thought and discussion with 000, I would like to point out that there is undoubtedly an enormous difference between a hand-mixed concoction of decent beer, tomato juice, and various flavorings, be it hot sauce or clam juice.

But remember:

This is Budweiser.  And some other sort of liquid produced by Budweiser.  Pre-mixed.  In a can.

Oh damn, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that, I thought they were mixing their own shit all along.

Precanned bud, tomato juice and clam juice?  :vom:

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 08:29:44 PM
Quote from: Khara on June 01, 2011, 08:26:18 PM
The clam juice makes it disgusting!!!!  :vomit:

Also, a side note, sriracha (unless the Thai version) is not a good idea as a sub for hot sauce in these types of drinks.....

I only know the Thai version... I was unaware that there were any others!

Actually what is commonly sold in America is not the same thing.  It tastes different, no sweetness at all, thinner, it's what they sell in the grocery.

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 08:37:03 PM
Also, I only ever RESERVE this recipe for the shit-beers.  If it's good enough to drink on its own, it don't NEED this kind of treatment.

I think I've spotted your problem.

If you're buying beer that needs to have this shit done to it in order to make it (in your mind) drinkable...  

STOP BUYING SHITTY BEER.

You're just encouraging them to make more shitty beer.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's ok.  I stand by my LOVING of it.

Like Nigel said--nothing beats grabbing a cold one of that fucker and downing it when the thirst needs slaking.

Also, I only ever RESERVE this recipe for the shit-beers.  If it's good enough to drink on its own, it don't NEED this kind of treatment.

It makes NO sense to mix good beer with clam and tomato juice, and the lime, salt and hot sauce would overpower the flavor anyway. You don't want to use a beer with a strong enough flavor to compete. This is a light, refreshing summer drink.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Khara on June 01, 2011, 08:38:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 01, 2011, 08:35:25 PM

But remember:

Oh damn, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that, I thought they were mixing their own shit all along.

Precanned bud, tomato juice and clam juice?  :vomit:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=28425.165

I'm holding a four pack of it in this thread.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on June 01, 2011, 08:38:48 PM
Also, I only ever RESERVE this recipe for the shit-beers.  If it's good enough to drink on its own, it don't NEED this kind of treatment.

I think I've spotted your problem.

If you're buying beer that needs to have this shit done to it in order to make it (in your mind) drinkable...  

STOP BUYING SHITTY BEER.

You're just encouraging them to make more shitty beer.

I live in microbrew mecca.

Nonetheless, cheladas are delicious, and should be made with cheap lager.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A Mexican friend of Mr. Language kicks it up a notch by putting vodka in it.

LMNO

Nigel, I'm not saying to use some sort of triple-bock for it, but more like the suggestions further upthread: Red Stripe, Tecate, maybe even a Victory Pilsner...  Just not Bud.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 08:39:54 PM
That's ok.  I stand by my LOVING of it.

It makes NO sense to mix good beer with clam and tomato juice, and the lime, salt and hot sauce would overpower the flavor anyway. You don't want to use a beer with a strong enough flavor to compete. This is a light, refreshing summer drink.

Ah, well then I say make summer sippers, good sangria, a dash of tequila, frozen grapefruit, orange and lime slices, a bit of grapefruit juice and a hint of lime juice and a touch of seltzer for a bit of fizz....

Jenne

Nope.  I know a lot of uh crackahs? who drink shit beer and leave it in SPADES at my house.

Guess what my solution is?  :D

You guys just don't get it.  :lulz:

...and THAT is ok.

I'll add lime and salt MAYBE to a watery Mexican beer, but there's ONE special treatment I like to give American domestic piss water.