News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

The Spiritual Crossroads.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., June 06, 2011, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Despite all the ferocity with which we've torn up pagan forums in the past (I use "we" lightly... I barely stuck my nose in at TCC, in all honesty), I too would like to see this succeed. A pagan forum with careful attention paid to NOT being a haven of small-time power-trippers and toadying sycophants would be a step in the right direction for the internet.

If I had to put my worthless 2 cents in to the founders of this new experiment, I'd say this: resist the urge to keep "building" it. It's easy, at the start of a new project, to go loopy with ideas about "we need to have THIS, and THAT, and some of THOSE", but in all honesty the absolute healthiest thing you could do is to do as little as humanly possible.

Think of it like baking: if you keep opening the oven to check on it or fuss with it, it's gonna come out all fucked up. And then trolls will storm your kitchen and poop in your fridge.

...I may have pushed the analogy too far there, but you see what I mean.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on June 09, 2011, 03:49:12 AM
Despite all the ferocity with which we've torn up pagan forums in the past (I use "we" lightly... I barely stuck my nose in at TCC, in all honesty), I too would like to see this succeed. A pagan forum with careful attention paid to NOT being a haven of small-time power-trippers and toadying sycophants would be a step in the right direction for the internet.

If I had to put my worthless 2 cents in to the founders of this new experiment, I'd say this: resist the urge to keep "building" it. It's easy, at the start of a new project, to go loopy with ideas about "we need to have THIS, and THAT, and some of THOSE", but in all honesty the absolute healthiest thing you could do is to do as little as humanly possible.

Think of it like baking: if you keep opening the oven to check on it or fuss with it, it's gonna come out all fucked up. And then trolls will storm your kitchen and poop in your fridge.

Oh, damn! Is that why  that keeps happening?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Cainad on June 09, 2011, 03:49:12 AM

This is awesome. It explains what happens when I try to cook and the internet. Thanks Cainad. :D
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

:lulz:  You guys GET the trolls?  Shit I AM the trolls.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on June 09, 2011, 06:16:41 AM
:lulz:  You guys GET the trolls?  Shit I AM the trolls.

STOP POOPING IN MY FRIDGE!  :argh!:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Wyldkat

{laughing}  Troll poop in the fridge...  EWWW!

We plan to only mess around with things if it seems necessary.  We really want this to be for the members.

PLEASE come and troll the unholy shit out of us if we start to get our heads up our asses and start teaching marching drills.  I'm really not kidding, ok, possibly a little but letting us know in no uncertain terms would be wonderful.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Wyldkat on June 09, 2011, 08:08:01 AM
{laughing}  Troll poop in the fridge...  EWWW!

We plan to only mess around with things if it seems necessary.  We really want this to be for the members.

PLEASE come and troll the unholy shit out of us if we start to get our heads up our asses and start teaching marching drills.  I'm really not kidding, ok, possibly a little but letting us know in no uncertain terms would be wonderful.

Frankly, I'm already "trolling" you about as hard as I trolled TCC. The difference is that you're not responding by suppressing criticism or trying to control me.

If you keep it that way, you're basically troll-proof.

Wyldkat

Quote from: Your Mom on June 09, 2011, 03:59:33 PM
Quote from: Wyldkat on June 09, 2011, 08:08:01 AM
{laughing}  Troll poop in the fridge...  EWWW!

We plan to only mess around with things if it seems necessary.  We really want this to be for the members.

PLEASE come and troll the unholy shit out of us if we start to get our heads up our asses and start teaching marching drills.  I'm really not kidding, ok, possibly a little but letting us know in no uncertain terms would be wonderful.

Frankly, I'm already "trolling" you about as hard as I trolled TCC. The difference is that you're not responding by suppressing criticism or trying to control me.

If you keep it that way, you're basically troll-proof.

Good.  I truly hope we do keep it that way.

LMNO

Any room on your site for a Quantum Tantrist?

:asshat:

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 10, 2011, 12:07:13 AM
Any room on your site for a Quantum Tantrist?

:asshat:

*laugh*  if you wanna, can't promise to take you seriously though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 15, 2011, 09:45:15 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 15, 2011, 09:43:00 PM
Stealing mittens

:mittens:

S'ok.  We stole them from the old FC forum.

Yep, Cain said so.  I like them as a way of showing appreciation for a post.

Unlike the smileys on the top bar I can't just save the gif directly so I needed them in a post and didn't want to bother looking for one they were already in.

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Speaking of mittens, this thread deserves them.

http://rampant-griffon.net/spiritualcrossroads/index.php?topic=149.0

Thank you profusely Sister Fracture, the mythology you are weaving is dark and dystopian, but also beautiful.

I'll say the same over there at some point, but I know not all the PDers give a shit about my lil pagan forum and I figured I'd leave a pointer for one thread they might want to see.

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 15, 2011, 09:59:14 PM
Speaking of mittens, this thread deserves them.

http://rampant-griffon.net/spiritualcrossroads/index.php?topic=149.0

Thank you profusely Sister Fracture, the mythology you are weaving is dark and dystopian, but also beautiful.

I'll say the same over there at some point, but I know not all the PDers give a shit about my lil pagan forum and I figured I'd leave a pointer for one thread they might want to see.

Mythology?   :?

That's cold, hard fact, that is.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.