News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

My friend Chris on Facebook:
QuoteI just watched Sean Hannity interview Dick Cheney. The adulation was nauseating. I kept waiting for Sean to say, "Look, Dick....I just want to lick your balls...teabag me now."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: KLATTU at capitol grilling
It's the liberal way.

Whenever I point out aberrant behavior by black people( i.e., they don't tip, they speak ebonics,the 69% illegitimacy rate, the massively disproportionate incidence of crime) they IMMEDIATELY pull out the race card.

:lulz:

You can't improve on perfection, folks.  Even perfect failure.

Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Jenne on August 23, 2011, 07:59:14 PM

At the political level, however, there is a dark undercurrent of villainizing

Muslims for short-term advantage.  Last year's efforts by Fox News, radio talk

shows and politicians like former Speaker Newt Gringrich to portray the

building of a mosque in New York as a victory for terrorists and the

opposition to the building of a mosque in Temecula made Muslims feel

stereotyped and hated.  Luckily these political antics have been short-lived

because they go against the character of america as an accepting and inclusive

society.

On the whole, I believe Muslim American love their country because it judges

them for what they contribute to society rather than who they are.  Muslims

feel optimistic about the future of America and their place in it.

Dr. Mr. Jenne, MD

This was read on-air by the local PBS station last weekend, btw.  We recorded it and watched it.  Very cool.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2011, 02:41:03 PM
It's the liberal way.

Whenever I point out aberrant behavior by black people( i.e., they don't tip, they speak ebonics,the 69% illegitimacy rate, the massively disproportionate incidence of crime) they IMMEDIATELY pull out the race card.

Wow.  This guy obviously has his head up so far up his ass, he thinks the sky naturally always smells like shit.

And people who are lost to all logic like that can't be argued into being shown the error of their ways, either.  You have to drive it home to them by having THEM be in that "race card" seat themselves.

Suu

Boss: Hey Suu, I think our accountant is dead.

Me: Um...why?

Boss: He never called us back.

Me: Dude, he ALWAYS calls back, usually in minutes.

Boss: I KNOW, that's why I think he's dead. I know you called him last week, and I know I left at least 4 messages myself, even on his home phone.

Me: Good lord. Do you want me to look up the obits?

Boss: That may not be a bad idea.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Juana

HC Dad: The POW camps the North ran were worse than concentration camps during the Holocaust.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Does he mean concentration camps, or death camps?  Because the two are quite different, and the former only played a very minor part in the Holocaust.  I'm assuming he means the latter, and so is functionally retarded.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hover Cat on August 31, 2011, 06:49:53 PM
HC Dad: The POW camps the North ran were worse than concentration camps during the Holocaust.

Has he been into the paint chips again?
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2011, 06:51:58 PM
Does he mean concentration camps, or death camps?  Because the two are quite different, and the former only played a very minor part in the Holocaust.  I'm assuming he means the latter, and so is functionally retarded.
Pretty sure, based on the rest of the conversation, that he meant death camps.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2011, 06:52:36 PM
Quote from: Hover Cat on August 31, 2011, 06:49:53 PM

Has he been into the paint chips again?
Possibly. This is my biological father, who doesn't (supposedly) live instate, so I can't tell you for certain.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2011, 02:41:03 PM
It's the liberal way.

This ties into why Oregon has become such a hippie Utopia. We still have a massive White Guilt factor for making it illegal to BE BLACK IN OREGON until the exclusion law was repealed in 1926. This did not prevent townships from passing their own exclusion laws, including the Lake Oswego "No Blacks after 8pm" law, and of course the famous (unofficial) bank practice of Redlining in Portland, which persisted into the 1990's and is becoming less easily searchable these days due to what appears to be a deliberate attempt at (ahem) whitewashing by the City of Portland in naming one of its light-rail lines "The Red Line".

It may be interesting to note that Oregon did not vote to pass the 15th Amendment until 1959.

As a consequence, Oregon has been historically majority white since American settlements overbred the native sector, and had massive White Power/Neonazi movements until they were forcibly overthrown and mostly-evicted in the 1980's, but also, perhaps fortunately for us, has a high proportion of white people who are keenly aware of the oppressive racism and injustice of the recent past, and are highly flexible with non-white residents as a result, so Northwestern Oregon is a surprisingly friendly place to exist as a brown person.

This is pretty interesting: http://www.ccrh.org/center/posters/nepassage/history.htm

There used to be a lot more such articles available, but they seem to be gradually sinking. This irritates me on about the same level as the common hipster complaint,m "Portland is so white".

Perhaps needless to say, I was born and currently live in the historic, mostly-forgotten, redline district.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Here's a battered White guy whining about how Portland's history of racism is making it too hard for him to be properly racist today:

http://oregonmag.com/OregonRacismTrib.htm
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2011, 02:18:48 PM
Here's a battered White guy whining about how Portland's history of racism is making it too hard for him to be properly racist today:

I can't even make it through that, it's just so :vom: 

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2011, 02:18:48 PM

QuoteJoe Uris, a flaming liberal academic, would instantly condemn someone who said, "Blacks are all ..." something or other.  He would call it stereotyping -- racist rhetoric.

Um...  Well...  YES, moron...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."