News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Yesterday;  I was at work, minding my own business.  Suddenly I get a text from my best friend:

"I hate you and I am going to set your eyebrows on fire."

I had no idea where that came from, or what inspired it all day until I talked to him later, and for some terrible reason being so hated for seemingly no reason made me unspeakably happy all day long.

Turns out it was because I sent him a link to eroticfalconry.com last night and had totally forgotten.  :lol:

Richter

Quote from: Cain on October 18, 2011, 03:09:50 PM
(14:28:18)- Cram joined
(14:28:24)<Cram>weeeoooooo
(14:28:28)<Cram>been a hell of a morning already!
(14:29:52)<Cram>My boss was like, "Are you potentially interested in a position as reprint coordinator?"
(14:30:02)<Cram>I was like "would my title change?"
(14:30:04)<Cram>she said "no"
(14:30:14)<Cram>I said "would I get to renegotiate my salary?"
(14:30:17)<Cram>she said "no"
(14:30:29)<Cram>I said "Then what incentive are you offering me for taking on that degree of responsibility?"
(14:30:50)<Cram>and she was like, "Ah well... nothing like that I guess."
(14:30:54)<Cram>"ah then I'm not interested."
(14:32:02)<Cram>reaaalllllyyyy struggled to not drop that line from Office Space "If the only reason to work hard is not getting fired, you can expect people to work just hard enough to not get fired."
(14:32:11)<Cram>but that's realllllly not the kind of thing you should say to your boss :P

[...]

(15:02:55)<Cram>TIME TO APPLY FOR SOME MORE JOBS
(15:04:52)<Cain>hey Cram, I know of a place that is looking for a reprint coordinator
(15:05:05)<Cram>EAT SHITS
(15:05:08)<Cram>TWO OF THEM
(15:05:17)<Cram>what place is that?
(15:05:23)<Cram>is it my place?
(15:05:27)<Cram>EAT MY BUTT ON SUNDAY

This shit made my day.  Thank you all.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jasper on October 18, 2011, 03:28:55 PM
Yesterday;  I was at work, minding my own business.  Suddenly I get a text from my best friend:

"I hate you and I am going to set your eyebrows on fire."

I had no idea where that came from, or what inspired it all day until I talked to him later, and for some terrible reason being so hated for seemingly no reason made me unspeakably happy all day long.

Turns out it was because I sent him a link to eroticfalconry.com last night and had totally forgotten.  :lol:

I love this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Richter on October 18, 2011, 11:42:33 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 18, 2011, 03:09:50 PM
(14:28:18)- Cram joined
(14:28:24)<Cram>weeeoooooo
(14:28:28)<Cram>been a hell of a morning already!
(14:29:52)<Cram>My boss was like, "Are you potentially interested in a position as reprint coordinator?"
(14:30:02)<Cram>I was like "would my title change?"
(14:30:04)<Cram>she said "no"
(14:30:14)<Cram>I said "would I get to renegotiate my salary?"
(14:30:17)<Cram>she said "no"
(14:30:29)<Cram>I said "Then what incentive are you offering me for taking on that degree of responsibility?"
(14:30:50)<Cram>and she was like, "Ah well... nothing like that I guess."
(14:30:54)<Cram>"ah then I'm not interested."
(14:32:02)<Cram>reaaalllllyyyy struggled to not drop that line from Office Space "If the only reason to work hard is not getting fired, you can expect people to work just hard enough to not get fired."
(14:32:11)<Cram>but that's realllllly not the kind of thing you should say to your boss :P

[...]

(15:02:55)<Cram>TIME TO APPLY FOR SOME MORE JOBS
(15:04:52)<Cain>hey Cram, I know of a place that is looking for a reprint coordinator
(15:05:05)<Cram>EAT SHITS
(15:05:08)<Cram>TWO OF THEM
(15:05:17)<Cram>what place is that?
(15:05:23)<Cram>is it my place?
(15:05:27)<Cram>EAT MY BUTT ON SUNDAY

This shit made my day.  Thank you all.

:lulz:

Doktor Howl

"What if I don't want to get in the machine?"

"Then I'll have two big happy guys help you get comfortable."

"Um.  Okay."
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2011, 05:45:11 PM

"Um.  Okay."

Now, is this what they really said? Or is this what the brain converted it to?  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2011, 07:09:25 PM

"Um.  Okay."

Now, is this what they really said? Or is this what the brain converted it to?  :lulz:

My doctor and I have a very special relationship.

He wouldn't let me talk to the radiologist.  Says she wouldn't understand my humor.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 19, 2011, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2011, 07:09:25 PM

"Um.  Okay."

My doctor and I have a very special relationship.

He wouldn't let me talk to the radiologist.  Says she wouldn't understand my humor.

HA!

BadBeast

Gaddafi dies in the spangly gold underwear of his real life Hero, Peter Stringfellow.

Holly Pickett, a freelance photojournalist working in Surt, reported in a Twitter feed that she had seen Colonel Qaddafi's body in an ambulance.

"From the side door, I could see a bare chest with bullet wounds and a bloody hand. He was wearing gold-colored pants,"
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cramulus

Payne   and the Brits are all fucking WAAAAAAAARGHGHGLBLBLGHBLGH about me becoming a Citizen, it seems
Payne   I think the citizenship test now involves actually going down on a RealDoll of margerat thatcher

Suu

Dad: I am at your niece's birthday party, and I feel like I'm on the set of Teen Mom.

Me: Um...(adopted sister) is 23...

Dad: But there's a bunch of young girls here with kids...

Me: They're probably older than you think, Dad.

Dad: I know, but they're all sitting at one table, texting, while their fucking kids run around. It's annoying.

Me: Get over it, Gramps.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

"I'm gonna punch you so hard your vagina falls off."
-Mrs LMNO

Suu

Vegan cheese isn't cheese. It's a crime against humanity. - My vegetarian roommate.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

<Cain>"[Iran] is a brutal dictatorship. And it's seeking nuclear weapons while denying it's doing so. It's long since been time for the United States to speak to this regime in the language it understands—force."
<Cain>only because America cannot speak Farsi