News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Net on December 13, 2011, 03:01:50 PM
"Internet on the phone is so prohibiting sometimes." - Facebook post via mobile
:spittake:

Suu

Sister calls: HAPPY CROTCH DAY!

Me: ...thanks.

Sister: They don't make cards for crotches.

Me: Thank you for being so support of my crotch situation.

Sister: Good luck at the crotchatologist!

Me: I'm sure it will be crotchtastic.

Sister: Don't be so crotch-ity.

Me: ...I hate you.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

From a teacher friend of mine:

(Me, going over my student's fight club essay): Did you purposely put the word dildo in the middle of this sentence?
(Student) yeah. It reflects the fragmentation of his masculinity and it was my existential choice. And it's kinda fun to put dildos and dicks in my paper. (Me): did you prep that answer for me?
(Student): yup. Sounded pretty smart huh?

Suu

Quote from: Cain on December 16, 2011, 05:15:07 PM
From a teacher friend of mine:

(Me, going over my student's fight club essay): Did you purposely put the word dildo in the middle of this sentence?
(Student) yeah. It reflects the fragmentation of his masculinity and it was my existential choice. And it's kinda fun to put dildos and dicks in my paper. (Me): did you prep that answer for me?
(Student): yup. Sounded pretty smart huh?

Give that asshole an A!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2011, 03:14:34 PM

They don't? I bet she didn't even look.

If my leg weren't in a cast, making wandering through the city center somewhat cumbersome, I'd check this awesome postcards shop we have here, they have so many weird cards there's got to be something (un)suitable.

Also, you can get back at her when she calls next time asking how it was, tell her you feel uterrific.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 16, 2011, 07:46:45 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2011, 03:14:34 PM

They don't? I bet she didn't even look.

If my leg weren't in a cast, making wandering through the city center somewhat cumbersome, I'd check this awesome postcards shop we have here, they have so many weird cards there's got to be something (un)suitable.

Also, you can get back at her when she calls next time asking how it was, tell her you feel uterrific.

:facepalm:

Trip.  Come here.  I need to smack you, now.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

"At least it will all be over in 3 weeks."
- Lieutenant Benard Montgomery/1914

Fact.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

BUT LUNA IM TRYING TO HELP!

(no?)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 16, 2011, 09:44:15 PM
BUT LUNA IM TRYING TO HELP!

(no?)

Help all you like.  I just occasionally like smacking pretty men.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

(16:19:40)<Cain>oh Tesco, I love how you assume we are all stupid
(16:19:54)<Cain>"no artificial colours, flavouring or preservatives"
(16:20:19)<Cain>this milk is pink, tastes of strawberries and can last for a month in my fridge

Juana

Seriously? I'm pretty sure if the pink was strawberry pink, it wouldn't be the color I assume Tesco strawberry milk it (meaning it looks like ours).

Shoe Ears: where are the pickles? I need to rule over the pickle sea. *retrieves fork from drawer*
Agent GARBO: ..."Pickle sea"?
Shoe Ears: Yes. Pickle sea. With my trident fork of death. Come here, my subjects!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

I know the distinction between natural and unnatural is somwhat arbitrary at the best of times, but when your flat out contradicting your packaging, that is something special.

Not that anyone will do anything.  Tesco is like the Godzilla of supermarket chains, and will crush anyone who tries to fuck with it, even on the smallest of issues.  Let's put it this way: Asda are owned by Wal-Mart over here., who pump significant money into them in hope of undermining the local competition.  Tesco are still beating the crap out of them in terms of sales and profits and owned politicians.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I must take a moment to point out that strawberries will make milk distinctly strawberry-flavored and turn it bright pink, and that also for some mysterious reason ultra-pasteurization is not considered an "artificial preservative" and will make milk keep for a month. Which frankly creeps me out.

My dad used to grow strawberries on his farm which were a variety with an intense flavor, specifically for the jam and flavorings industry. Best strawberries ever, but you can't buy them in the supermarket because they're small, spoil easily and don't transport well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

It's cheaper for Tesco to import irradiated Mexican Strawberries, at the height of our own strawberry growing season, than it is to get British Strawberries 20 miles from the field to the shelf.

Our poor Strawberry farmers then have to fill out the ever growing pile of EU Subsidy claim forms, where they get paid for not growing certain (randomly picked, by Neil Kinnock) crops, eg; If he grows Strawberries this year, he can claim an EU Subsidy for not growing. . . . . . . sustainable tropical hardwood, or Sargasso kelp. Then they moan on local radio about how they can hardly afford to buy a new combine harvester this year, to harvest all the crops they haven't grown!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Suu

Yesterday's final:

"Essay Question #3: The "Syllabus Police" is bringing your history professor to a hearing questioning why she put "Frankenstein" on the course list. While preparing for her defense, she faints under pressure, now it's up to you, the student, to prepare and give a passable defense as to why the book should stay in the curriculum."

Me:

"To the assembled masses of the Syllabus Police and the students, Romans, and faculty herein. Allow me to give you my defense as to why "Frankenstein" should be read as part of the course curriculum for HIS310....

blah

blah

blah

...And that's why we should be allowed to read Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" in this course.

Thank you."

*Applause!*

Yep. I even wrote the applause.

Give me my A, please.