News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2012, 10:30:47 PM
Wow

I see I've been fortunate in not having read more than a few of his books.

Funny thing is, most Science Fiction writers are conservative, which is a little counter-intuitive.  But relatively few of them are out-and-out screwballs like Robert Heinlein or Orson Scott Card.
Molon Lube

Richter

Richter: "It's a good thing we ate our food and left the truck stop.  I'm bushed enough that once the food set in I'd be a fixture there.  They wouldn't be able to move me either.  No, they're just throw a cowboy hat on me, apply a coat of varnish, and no one would even ASK."
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Reginald Ret

Well shit, now i have to read more Heinlein.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nephew Twiddleton

Waiting in villagers car for load in.

Villager: can i have some more of your coffee?
Me: no
villager: shakes empty coffe cup
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

Richard the Duck: Mormonism, Scientology, and Christian Science - those are purely American contributions to religion.
Garbo: Oh my god. What the hell.
Richard the Duck: Yep.
Garbo: That says so much about us.
Richard the Duck: It makes me weep.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Salty

Me: Safety never takes a vacation!
Dok Howl: Safety takes a vacation all the time! Industrial accidents never take a vacation. 
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on May 17, 2012, 03:50:07 AM
Richard the Duck: Mormonism, Scientology, and Christian Science - those are purely American contributions to religion.
Garbo: Oh my god. What the hell.
Richard the Duck: Yep.
Garbo: That says so much about us.
Richard the Duck: It makes me weep.

Church of the Subgenius and the Church of Satan?
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Juana

We were talking about big religions, although I don't think he knows about CotSG and I forgot about Satanism.

In any case, extra kooky religions seem to be what we do.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on May 17, 2012, 04:02:13 AM
We were talking about big religions, although I don't think he knows about CotSG and I forgot about Satanism.

In any case, extra kooky religions seem to be what we do.

At least you can't blame us for Wicca.

Salty

It sort of bothers me that WE are somehow not as seriously taken as Christian Scientists. And we have fewer numbers. Scientology I get because of Battlefield Earth, plus it's totally distanced from a lot of the crap in major religions. They get weird all on their own. It's kind of commendable. Mormonism I get because who doesn't want magic underpants and variety in wifely types? Christian Science if just fucking goofy.

You take an already fucked up, twisted, and contradictory religion and add extra magic. As if JAYSUS wasn't magical enough. That said, most Christian Scientists I've met are pretty mellow. And the Christian Science Monitor does some decent journalism, FWIW.

IT MAKES NO SENSE.

There must be a way to get a step ahead of those dicks. Maybe Discordia needs to start fucking people (and taking their money) over in an organized fashion. That seems to be what The People want.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe if we added special underpants to Discordianism, we could someday be as popular as Mormonism.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 17, 2012, 10:00:42 PM
Maybe if we added special underpants to Discordianism, we could someday be as popular as Mormonism.

I am wearing magical invisible underpants. I decree this to be a holy rite of discospagia.

Cain

I don't care about being as popular as Mormonism.

Being as rich as Mormonism, on the other hand...I declare all Discordians must tithe 23% of their income, to me.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on May 17, 2012, 10:05:18 PM

Being as rich as Mormonism, on the other hand...I declare all Discordians must tithe 23% of their income, to me.

You want that in krugerrand, flax or pineal secretions?

Luna

Quote from: The 3 wolf moon is a harsh SHUTUP on May 17, 2012, 10:07:47 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 17, 2012, 10:05:18 PM

You want that in krugerrand, flax or pineal secretions?

I'mma send mine in magickal invisible underpants.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."