News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 18, 2012, 03:24:33 AM
Now, if I could only find someone "ag caint as Gaeilge liom, beidh me go maith" (speaking in Irish with me, I will be good [literal: talking (ag caint) in the Irish Language (as Gaeilge) with me (liom), will I (beidh me) good (go maith)]

Wait, in Irish 'be good' is 'go mad'?
That explains a few things.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QJ sez:

Quoteit was pretty much all frosted, I had to really spread it around (and mix it with the meat) to keep it from being disgusting. Had to go to therapy with the wife so ended up eating super late so I was really hungry and not into making something more tasty.

For tasty... there are pork rinds later :D

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 21, 2012, 07:13:45 AM
Apparently I'm an independent and I'm the problem:

http://news.yahoo.com/vt-gop-official-sorry-obama-facebook-post-232410255.html?bcmt=1342650433487-84c63fc2-658f-49c7-9263-10d1a73d657f&bcmt_s=u#ugccmt-container-b

AHAHAHAHAHAHA WAIT WHAT

Since when is Rob into politics? I played D&D with that guy. He introduced me to honey vanilla ice cream. Unless it's a different Rob Towle from Rutland Vt, which seems... unlikely.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My sister even warned me about him.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: :regret: on July 21, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 18, 2012, 03:24:33 AM
Now, if I could only find someone "ag caint as Gaeilge liom, beidh me go maith" (speaking in Irish with me, I will be good [literal: talking (ag caint) in the Irish Language (as Gaeilge) with me (liom), will I (beidh me) good (go maith)]

Wait, in Irish 'be good' is 'go mad'?
That explains a few things.

Yep.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 20, 2012, 05:44:52 PM
I need to make this bit into a T-shirt:

Quote from: Twid in the role of ActualCAN'T HEAR ANY OF YOU OVER THE SOUND OF SHUT UP AND EYE OF THE TIGER!!!

"It's the... eye of the SHUT UP it's the thrill of the fight/rising up to the challenge of our SHUT UP/And the last known sane man runs the streets of Boston at night/And he's shouting us all with the eyyyyyyyyyyyye of the SHUT UP"

:lulz:

Yes you do.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Remington

Learned something important today about tech work.

If the phone rings on the weekend, and you're not on call, don't fucking answer it. Otherwise you end up trying to troubleshoot networking/wiring problems for a remote site with a guy that has a heavy Indian accent. For 4 hours.
Is it plugged in?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Net on July 23, 2012, 02:18:50 AM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 20, 2012, 05:44:52 PM
I need to make this bit into a T-shirt:

Quote from: Twid in the role of ActualCAN'T HEAR ANY OF YOU OVER THE SOUND OF SHUT UP AND EYE OF THE TIGER!!!

"It's the... eye of the SHUT UP it's the thrill of the fight/rising up to the challenge of our SHUT UP/And the last known sane man runs the streets of Boston at night/And he's shouting us all with the eyyyyyyyyyyyye of the SHUT UP"

:lulz:

Yes you do.

I'm glad that "gone nuts from other people's stupid" is marketable. I think I should start up a line of athletic wear.

Feel like the world needs to SHUT UP?
Go for a jog. Tell EVERYONE to SHUT UP.
Shout it out loud and proud, and in case they are deaf
And are in desperate need of SHUT UP in sign language
Wear your SHUT UP tanker top and jogging trunks.

Now mind you, you have to EARN THE SHUT UP (here's where BOB comes in).

You can't just be any old bloke who can wear shut up. Otherwise you're a stupid white dude wearing FUBU either making black dudes very angry or very amused. Also, please see SHUT UP if you're a white dude wearing FUBU. Also consider losing weight in that circumstance.

To earn the right to wear SHUT UP you need to pass the test. You're going to fail it most likely. You think you don't need SHUT UP but you do. If you fail the test, consider why you need the SHUT UP. No. We will not tell you why. Part of the SHUT UP is SELF EXPLORATION  SHUT UP. Figure out why you need to SHUT UP. Once you figured that out, test it. Say something with your new perspective. If even retards can't say retarded shit about it, chances are you SHOULD NOT SHUT UP BUT PREACH INSTEAD. They're still going to get you down. But just make sure your SHUT UP is better than theirs. And their SHUT UP is pretty fucking lame anyway, so just figure out the best way to say SHUT UP and make them ACTUALLY SHUT UP.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

goupixg6

oh yes selling panties with SD manga beatles faces on it
"Just as little is seen in pure light as in pure darkness." Master Hegel

LMNO

Krugman, on Objectivists:

"By the way, who built the roads in Galt's Gulch?"

Nephew Twiddleton