Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 23, 2012, 05:49:55 AM
tanker top

Is that some Bostonese I've et to encounter?

We just say "tank top", unless we hate the person wearing it, then it's a "wife beater". I remember people up there saying "muscle shirt".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 23, 2012, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 23, 2012, 05:49:55 AM
tanker top

Is that some Bostonese I've et to encounter?

We just say "tank top", unless we hate the person wearing it, then it's a "wife beater". I remember people up there saying "muscle shirt".

Fingers doing more thinking than I'm allowing. It happens from time to time.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 23, 2012, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2012, 03:47:08 PM
You mean, "Bob"?

Ah, quotes, not capitalization. Gotcha.

Any Bob you can actually spell or pronounce isn't worth talking about.  Hence the quotes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

Lenin McCarthy

At breakfast at summer camp yesterday, we ran out of coffee, so in anger a handful of people  spontaneously started an Occupy The Kitchen movement and shouted "Whose coffee? Our coffee!" and other slogans. When a new batch of coffee finally arrived, slight chaos broke out as everyone tried to get the coffee at the same time, and then someone exclaimed "this is the problem with fucking hippie movements like this!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on July 30, 2012, 03:42:26 PM
At breakfast at summer camp yesterday, we ran out of coffee, so in anger a handful of people  spontaneously started an Occupy The Kitchen movement and shouted "Whose coffee? Our coffee!" and other slogans. When a new batch of coffee finally arrived, slight chaos broke out as everyone tried to get the coffee at the same time, and then someone exclaimed "this is the problem with fucking hippie movements like this!"

Someone is right.

Running out of coffee?  The horror.  Render unto Caesar, meaning "me".  My life is a tragic series of injustices, when The Man does not provide my coffee.  It highlights the inherent criminal nature of the system.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

standvast

"Put it in your mouth" ~ Akinyele.

could refer to a rain bow colored sock, medium rare kangaroo steak, or even a huge penis,.. who really knows ?
no.such.thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: standvast on August 02, 2012, 05:13:37 PM
"Put it in your mouth" ~ Akinyele.

could refer to a rain bow colored sock, medium rare kangaroo steak, or even a huge penis,.. who really knows ?

As I was reading your joke, I was thinking, "He needs to add a reference to a really huge penis, because that would totally not be obvious."  But then I reached the end, and saw that you beat me to it.

Splendid.  Well done.

LMNO

It's not often that the snarky rejoinder is funnier than the original joke; but you, sir, have accomplished such a feat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 02, 2012, 06:53:38 PM
It's not often that the snarky rejoinder is funnier than the original joke; but you, sir, have accomplished such a feat.

That sort of shit pains me, LMNO. 

LMNO

YOU'RE THE CANCER THAT'S KILLING PD!
    /
:joshua: