News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

LulzSec have posted a manifesto

Started by Cain, June 18, 2011, 05:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Cramulus on July 28, 2011, 08:24:51 PM

Is anybody else feeling like we're reliving 1995, specifically the movie "Hackers"? We're living a world where adults are increasingly alienated by technology, but kids adapt to it naturally.

It makes me want to log onto prodigy via dialup and order a pizza

IS THAT REMINGTON IN THE BACK??????
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on July 29, 2011, 03:24:46 AM

Is anybody else feeling like we're reliving 1995, specifically the movie "Hackers"? We're living a world where adults are increasingly alienated by technology, but kids adapt to it naturally.

Ahahaha.  It can't be, or his sister would be photobombing it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

bds

http://www.dailytech.com/LulzSec+Hacked+Nope+Sony+Hacked+Again+Yes+Twice/article21832.htm

The story above cracked me up! (and kinda scared me a bit) The guy Robert Cavanaugh, or 'xyz,' who Lulzsec apparently pinned the blame on, used to hang out on this private site I'm on... He used to do drugs on Tinychat at one point (I'm pretty sure the picture in the link was taken while I was watching him) and then he got more into the hacking stuff, just general script kiddying and fairly low level stuff as far as I was aware. He posts on this forum one time a few months back -- "oh shit guys something fucked up just happened, I gotta bail from the internet," we hear nothing from him for a few weeks, then he comes back with a different nick. Aaaand now. Well. Nobody's seen him for a while now. :lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 29, 2011, 03:34:46 AM

You mean like this? 

The Johnny

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 29, 2011, 06:36:03 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 29, 2011, 03:34:46 AM

You mean like this? 

her demented stare is so awesome  :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Triple Zero

Isn't the guy in the back one of the main characters, ZeroCool ?

Anyway, yet another LulzSec member arrested, only two more left at large (or so they say)

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/09/fbi-arrests-lulzsec-member-for-sony-pictures-hack.ars

And seriously? Afaik, HideMyAss.com is a USA-based site. What the fuck did he expect?? And really it's not that hard to get a proxy/secure shell in a country that's not quite as bad of a totalitarian police state--such as China or Russia. They accept creditcards, just fine!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Oh wow, that's rather sad.  HideMyAss.com... do never use proxies based in the USA for illegal activity.  That is what South American and African proxies are for.

Triple Zero

Rather unsurprising and uninteresting statement by HideMyAss:

http://blog.hidemyass.com/2011/09/23/lulzsec-fiasco/

The HN discussion, is quite interesting, again:

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3030470

QuoteI find curious that they first state this:

"As stated in our terms of service and privacy policy our service is not to be used for illegal activity, and as a legitimate company we will cooperate with law enforcement if we receive a court order"

And then this:

"In 2005 we setup HMA primarily as a way to bypass censorship of the world-wide-web whether this be on a government or a corporate/localized scale."

If censorship is government driven, it means that the law prohibits you to see some things. If you still do it, you get arrested because you are breaking the law. This is an illegal activity and they should cooperate with law enforcement, as stated in the first point.

So, how do they decide what is illegal but permitted and what is not? If they allow some illegal behavior and not some other, they are actually judging the morality of an act, and not if it respect laws.

QuoteI guess to them "censorship" is something only other countries do, not their own. I notice a lot of companies, and even the Government itself, want to fight against censorship in other countries, but when it happens in US, they're more than happy to comply, and sometimes they do it with just one phone call, like in Amazon or Paypal's case with Wikileaks.

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cain

I can't wait until Russia develops a technology that allows the "oppressed cyber-activists" of the USA to avoid detection and capture by the state security forces.

Because they will.  If China doesn't do it first.

Triple Zero

:lulz:

If that's going to be the result of the whole LulzSec saga, they totally earned the "Lulz" in their name!!!