News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Not Under My Roof! --- published!

Started by Cramulus, June 27, 2011, 03:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Cramulus on June 27, 2011, 05:42:12 PM
yeah, it's like evil gnomes magically add in the errors as soon as the fucking thing's in print. Happens every goddamn time!

I'm psyched because I'm taking a box of these to Connecticon. I'll also be bringing a bunch of copies of the Etc.Discordia, though I don't expect them to sell. It'll be the first time I'm selling my own creations at a convention.  :mrgreen:

I'm bummed though because I won't get a chance to see a real copy before I make a bulk order. So I'm wondering how many copies I should actually buy to bring to the con.  I'd hate to come home with 20 decks that have stupid errors in them. And I KNOW there are still stupid errors... just don't know WHERE.

What's a "conecticon"?
* Cuddleshift looks it up

Ohh. How much to get in? Do you have a "booth" or whatever? Are there even booths? I think I really want to go to this.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Cramulus

I have a booth that's being split between Merchantswares and NERO. If you want to volunteer at the booth or sword fighting tourney, I might be able to get you a free badge / hotel floor space. It'll involve a few hours of work per day, but you'll also have some time to walk around and harass people, which is the best part of the con. I'm bringing along another Discordian friend who wants to experience this particular brand of sublime madness -  if you want to come, I'll have to see if I can swing an additional badge, but it shouldn't be impossible.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Cramulus on June 27, 2011, 06:21:21 PM
I have a booth that's being split between Merchantswares and NERO. If you want to volunteer at the booth or sword fighting tourney, I might be able to get you a free badge / hotel floor space. It'll involve a few hours of work per day, but you'll also have some time to walk around and harass people, which is the best part of the con. I'm bringing along another Discordian friend who wants to experience this particular brand of sublime madness -  if you want to come, I'll have to see if I can swing an additional badge, but it shouldn't be impossible.

That would be awesome. I need to figure logistics, it may or may not be do-able. This is right around the corner, no?
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Juana

I will be making this purchase. I have no idea where I'll be playing this, since we've already broken the doorknob of the person whose parties I typically go to. D: But I want.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Triple Zero

Cram is there an electronic version of the images maybe? I wouldn't mind proofreading it for errors.

Don't worry I'm not gonna be cheap and print it, I'm probably even going to order two sets, one for myself and one to give away as a present, since a bunch of my friends like gaming much more than I do :)

dunno who yet, but it's always handy to have a backup present ready for giving away--which reminds me I gave away my copy of the Etc Discordia last week (emergency present!!) I need to get a new one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Wyldkat

Are you going to be selling through distributors, brick and mortar stores or just online at that site?  I'm curious because we own a game store and might be willing to give it a trial run on the shelves.  You'd have to talk to my husband, but he's generally up for new games and this one sounds interesting.

Nephew Twiddleton

I can attest that the game is fun as hell
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 28, 2011, 02:41:04 AM
I can attest that the game is fun as hell

Definately fun.

Not sure how it'd work as an in-store demo, though...  you'd have to get creative.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

Quote from: Wyldkat on June 27, 2011, 10:34:24 PM
Are you going to be selling through distributors, brick and mortar stores or just online at that site?  I'm curious because we own a game store and might be willing to give it a trial run on the shelves.  You'd have to talk to my husband, but he's generally up for new games and this one sounds interesting.

I don't have a real concrete plan yet, but it would be really cool to sell it in brick and mortar stores. I didn't know you owned a game store, that's awesome! After I get the first print in my hands and I'm positive that I've got all the little publishing gremlins, I'll send you guys a sample.  :)

Wyldkat

Quote from: Cramulus on June 28, 2011, 04:47:43 AM
Quote from: Wyldkat on June 27, 2011, 10:34:24 PM

I don't have a real concrete plan yet, but it would be really cool to sell it in brick and mortar stores. I didn't know you owned a game store, that's awesome! After I get the first print in my hands and I'm positive that I've got all the little publishing gremlins, I'll send you guys a sample.  :)

Great!  I just talked to him about it and he's more than willing to take a look at a sample and see if it would work for the store.  He's worked with self published games before.  The store has been around for 9-10 years and he's owned it for about 7 of those.  epicadventuregames.com if you're curious. 

I guess I haven't mentioned it around here.  I'm not really shy about it since owning a game store sort of trumps any geek one-up-manship game. LOL

Lies

yeah, it's like evil gnomes magically add in the errors as soon as the fucking thing's in print. Happens every goddamn time!

I'm psyched because I'm taking a box of these to Connecticon. I'll also be bringing a bunch of copies of the Etc.Discordia, though I don't expect them to sell. It'll be the first time I'm selling my own creations at a convention.  :mrgreen:

I'm bummed though because I won't get a chance to see a real copy before I make a bulk order. So I'm wondering how many copies I should actually buy to bring to the con.  I'd hate to come home with 20 decks that have stupid errors in them. And I KNOW there are still stupid errors... just don't know WHERE.
Needs to be added to the list of modern day mythical creatures.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Wyldkat

Quote from: Lies on June 28, 2011, 12:12:07 PM

Needs to be added to the list of modern day mythical creatures.

A high tech version of the machine gremlin.