News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Obama apparently OK with Israel killing American citizens

Started by Cain, June 29, 2011, 04:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on June 29, 2011, 07:06:18 PM
OK, disregarding my earlier snarky answer, someone wanna catch me up on what all this is about? I've been WAY out of the loop lately.

I kind of figured that was Chef talking.   :lulz:

Basically, the administration allegedly WANTS the IDF to sink a boatload of American hippies, as an example to the others.  The wingnuts are all about this.

Think of it as a nautical Kent State, by proxy.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

This is hard. I know that's ostensibly wrong, but I'm usually in favor of whatever makes hippies dead.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on June 29, 2011, 07:06:18 PM
OK, disregarding my earlier snarky answer, someone wanna catch me up on what all this is about? I've been WAY out of the loop lately.

Bunch of American hippies are sending a second flotilla to Gaza.

Obama and Clinton and co. have been making not very covert signals that they wouldn't mind the Israelis doing a repeat of what they did to the Turkish flotilla.

Former CIA guy and British ambassador find evidence suggesting it would actually help increase Obama's standing if the Israelis did stage an attack and he either defended them or did nothing to condemn them and so may be actively courting such an arrangement.

Fun times all around.

Of course, the hippies have to be aware that Israel will see it as provocation.  Yeah, they shouldn't, yadda yadda, but they will.  Which makes this seem to be less about getting aid through to Gaza and more about provoking Israel into doing something stupid, as if they need anymore help with that kind of thing.  That said, the hippies have sensibly placed several high-profile reporters on board, including one from the NYT, so that may make the Israelis less trigger happy.  We'll see.