News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

I think I just found the cause of all my troubles.

Started by Kai, July 04, 2011, 11:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 05, 2011, 01:28:53 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2011, 01:24:22 AM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 05, 2011, 01:23:21 AM
Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on July 04, 2011, 11:24:58 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 04, 2011, 11:17:16 PM
All too accurate, and it's a hard trap to get out of.

The trick seems to be doing lots of easy tasks to build back up confidence. I think this trick is often called "keeping busy".

I call this trick "pick one". When I'm under stress or depressed my ability to prioritize just shuts right the fuck down and I can be stalled for days simply by feeling overwhelmed and not knowing where to start. Obviously, that just compounds the problem.

So, my coping mechanism is to pick a task at random and complete it. Today, that task is listing auctions on eBay (even though holidays are a shit time to list). It honestly does not matter which task I pick, as long as I complete it, because that little sense of accomplishment will help me pick a new task tomorrow.

I prefer your GO FOR A WALK method.

YES. That too!

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE

It really works! It's an AMAZING cure-all for almost everything!

Depressed?
Fat?
Can't get a date?

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE!

In fact, tomorrow after therapy I am going to the river, where I will run on the sandy beach, lie in the sun, and immerse myself in the alarmingly radioactive water. I will doubtless feel a million times better tomorrow night than I will tonight, where the game plan is A. eat pork, B. drink beer, and C. smoke cigarettes.

But tonight, it's all about CELEBRATING INDEPENDENCE, which one must do with beer, pork and fire.

I went outside today.  :)  Hiked my lazy butt all the way to the mall to go shopping and catch a movie.  Three and a half miles or so, each way.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

YES. That too!

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE

Depressed?
Fat?
Can't get a date?

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE!

In fact, tomorrow after therapy I am going to the river, where I will run on the sandy beach, lie in the sun, and immerse myself in the alarmingly radioactive water. I will doubtless feel a million times better tomorrow night than I will tonight, where the game plan is A. eat pork, B. drink beer, and C. smoke cigarettes.

But tonight, it's all about CELEBRATING INDEPENDENCE, which one must do with beer, pork and fire.

Also recommend sex with beer, pork and fire.
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore, to misuse it.

New Rule:  You are a terrorist and with be dealt with as such.

Salty

Maybe that's one of the reasons why people celebrate things altogether, that act of tradition with all the small acts that go with it is a way for people to take control in a familiar, repetitive, comforting way.

Huh.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 05, 2011, 01:38:44 AM

YES. That too!

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE

Depressed?
Fat?
Can't get a date?

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE!

Also recommend sex with beer, pork and fire.

YEAH IT'S NICE IF YOU CAN GET IT.  :argh!:

Sorry. Not-that-recent breakup is the reason I'm depressed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on July 05, 2011, 01:35:49 AM

The trick seems to be doing lots of easy tasks to build back up confidence. I think this trick is often called "keeping busy".

I call this trick "pick one". When I'm under stress or depressed my ability to prioritize just shuts right the fuck down and I can be stalled for days simply by feeling overwhelmed and not knowing where to start. Obviously, that just compounds the problem.

So, my coping mechanism is to pick a task at random and complete it. Today, that task is listing auctions on eBay (even though holidays are a shit time to list). It honestly does not matter which task I pick, as long as I complete it, because that little sense of accomplishment will help me pick a new task tomorrow.

YES. That too!

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE

Depressed?
Fat?
Can't get a date?

GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE!

I went outside today.  :)  Hiked my lazy butt all the way to the mall to go shopping and catch a movie.  Three and a half miles or so, each way.

That's my favorite because you not only get to go outside, but you also have a goal and a reward built in.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

20110705 7:27:26.25 AM pdT

Read 123 times)