News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

I just banned the Chicken

Started by Doktor Howl, July 24, 2011, 07:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Due to a collection of vague threats toward the board, and at one point some nasty insinuations against my children.

If anyone has a problem with this, speak up.

If any admins have a problem with this, please contact me before unbanning him.
Molon Lube

Pæs

I immediately don't like it, not having seen the threats or insinuations, and being quite fond of how hard it is to get banned here without seriously attacking the place but I'm not going to dig through his posts to check it out, because I have too many to catch up on after ignoring him.

Lacking any other information, I'ma just believe you had good reason.

The chicken is dead. Long live the chicken.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bert Huttz on July 24, 2011, 07:52:48 PM
I immediately don't like it, not having seen the threats or insinuations, and being quite fond of how hard it is to get banned here without seriously attacking the place but I'm not going to dig through his posts to check it out, because I have too many to catch up on after ignoring him.

"I wasn't paying attention, so Dok is a Nazi."
Molon Lube

Faust

I don't really see any threats there, even the vague insinuations had nothing really negative to them.

As it stands I don't see the reason to ban him in his posts. If however he threatened your kids in a PM that would be more then sufficient in my view to ban him.

On the one hand I'd like to see those PM's, on the other they probably shouldn't be posted on the board, if you feel like forwarding them on that would probably be ok.

Either way I won't be changing it back, he had verbal diarrhoea, said nothing of interest and I don't see any real reason to fight for him.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

I'm with Faust on this. I don't see the problem with the vague insinuations, he just says he'll be leaving soon forgotten but that there's still a punchline coming. But if he threatened your kids in a PM, that's more than enough reason to ban him.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Wizard Joseph

I have been paying attention and see no threats in the threads either.  
Not here to stick up for chicken, but there's a lot of crap on these threads with or without him.
If his crap was threatening in private I will, of course, take your word.  
That said, all I saw was rather ironic poo slinging on many threads that just would not stop.  
The thread "new people should probably read this" now seems to me more like an object warning than guidance for noobs.
I won't miss him, and I begin to wonder if the "You're free to say whatever you want 'cuz it's Discordiatm" idea on this forum is even functional or useful.
It's not like the majority of folks even know about Discordianism at all.
If they come here looking for the fun and intriguing ideas they may have been exposed to I think they may find the crapsplatter everywhere discouraging in the extreme.
Does this forum have a purpose?
If so, is that purpose served by your leadership personalities profusely fighting with what they see clearly as a moron?
If not, why continue it without a purpose?
I'm very sincere about this because I think there's more potential in Discordia than is currently being felt by the world.
If some of the folks here really want positive change from their efforts you need a greater purpose for people to focus on so that the unnecessary interpersonal conflicts can be either avoided or re-directed to constructive efforts.
With respect are you folks really in this for Science or what(ever)?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Salty

Everyone is free in discordia. Say what you want. So will everyone else. Doesn't mean it will be pleasant.

In fact MY discordia often involves diving headfirst into unpleasantness.

QuoteIt' s not like the majority of folks even know
about Discordianism at all .

And just how would YOU sell it to them?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

navkat

Just because you label yourself "discordian" doesn't mean you get to be an asshole.

Threats and people's children should be off the fucking table, IMO unless you're really fucking familiar and intimate with the target and can make those kinds of jokes without being a cockgobbling turkey neck.

navkat

No offense bc I don't really KNOW for a fact where you're coming from (and you might  mean it in the nicest way possible) but "diving into unpleasantness" has the suspicious tone of one who is the first to gleefully indulge in picking up a bat and joining the mob whenever someone in the crowd screams "Get 'im!" but locks himself in the house with the TV and a bag of chips when someone needs help moving.

Salty

:lulz:
Not knowing sure didn't stop you from assuming the worst.

By that I meant I actively seek out things that are unpleasant for me. To break through the barriers of my complacency and stagnation inn an effort to get the most out of life and ensure my experiences are worth my time.

I actively look for a shattering of my worldviews so I don't settle on one, which might be erroneous.

I worry less about other people since I can't force then to act or think differently, and if I could why would I want to.

As for the Chicken, I thought I was quite civil with him beyond a poke here and there which I would do to anyone else, based on their posts.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Alty on July 24, 2011, 11:27:45 PM
Everyone is free in discordia. Say what you want. So will everyone else. Doesn't mean it will be pleasant.

In fact MY discordia often involves diving headfirst into unpleasantness.

QuoteIt' s not like the majority of folks even know
about Discordianism at all .

And just how would YOU sell it to them?

The same way I plan to sell sex products.  The product sells it's self to the right kind of person. 
The trick is introducing the possibility and keywords in memorable fashion. 
My web site is intended to make Eris a better known name and tie it to sexuality.
So will my advertisements. 
The people that like will buy and the really smart ones will question once exposed to my mutated mythology. 
It would be nice to send questioners about such subjects to decent sources of information. 
Of course my stuff is not about Discordianism exclusively, and I just feel I've said enough about my stuff for now.

Ant I totally agree about the "diving in."  Best to be ready to swim tho.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on July 24, 2011, 11:36:25 PM
Just because you label yourself "discordian" doesn't mean you get to be an asshole.

Threats and people's children should be off the fucking table, IMO unless you're really fucking familiar and intimate with the target and can make those kinds of jokes without being a cockgobbling turkey neck.

The "threat" there was vague, too.

Just a PM saying "Kids?"

Sorry, but that was enough for me.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 24, 2011, 10:21:17 PM
I'm with Faust on this. I don't see the problem with the vague insinuations, he just says he'll be leaving soon forgotten but that there's still a punchline coming. But if he threatened your kids in a PM, that's more than enough reason to ban him.

At no point did he make an overt threat.  Instead, he made a series of threats written around the threat, as it were.

Writing a threat as a "hint" is just the same as making a threat.
Molon Lube