News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Europe changes; it doesn't want the immigrants anymore

Started by The Johnny, August 01, 2011, 01:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/internacional/73750.html

Today, things have changed. Coming September, the 27 heads of State and the governement of the European Union are gonna have a meeting.

Their objective: modify the Schengen Treaty. They have realized that the free circulation of people is not a good idea, specially when theres revolts in the north of Africa and masses of immigrants come to their borders, whom nobody wants to take. And now they are less solidady and want to pull back. Because of this, they are trying to come to an agreement to reintroduce temporarily border controls within the communal territory, in case of the massive influx of immigrants. They argue that the treaty better be modified, than it dissapearing.

Well, i think there's consensus already that if you arent white or rich, they dont want you anywhere in the First World.

This article is a bit biased in some ways, but it cites some lawyer that says that this is a symptom of xenophobic tendencies...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 01, 2011, 01:11:45 AM

Today, things have changed. Coming September, the 27 heads of State and the governement of the European Union are gonna have a meeting.

Their objective: modify the Schengen Treaty. They have realized that the free circulation of people is not a good idea, specially when theres revolts in the north of Africa and masses of immigrants come to their borders, whom nobody wants to take. And now they are less solidady and want to pull back. Because of this, they are trying to come to an agreement to reintroduce temporarily border controls within the communal territory, in case of the massive influx of immigrants. They argue that the treaty better be modified, than it dissapearing.

Well, i think there's consensus already that if you arent white or rich, they dont want you anywhere in the First World.

This article is a bit biased in some ways, but it cites some lawyer that says that this is a symptom of xenophobic tendencies...

Japan, but there you gotta be rich and Japanese.

Actually I don't think the white part is that important in most of the first world, they'll take you if you are rich no matter what color you are.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 01, 2011, 01:11:45 AM

There's always Canada, which I'm told is actually considered a first-world country by some people. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Johnny

White and middleclass or another race and upper-middle at least... if some "white trash" wanted to go to the UK they would have about the same troubles as another member of an ethnicity that, say, has the capital to start up a job that "creates employment".

And Canada, they just have a form of temporal immigration where u get to be the servant/babysitter of some house-hold while you study the language - and 6 months later or so, out you go, they way u came in.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Hmm.  I'd like more details on how that is going to change.  I can't see any possible way they can affect the Schengen treaty without also massively impacting on tourism and European trade.

I mean, unless they're going to bring racial profiling into this mess.  Which opens a whole new can of worms.