News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Out of curiosity....

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, August 17, 2011, 01:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Does anyone here know of any groups or such that accept and do further investigation into ufos without automatically assuming extraterrestrials? Just saw something weird that definitely wasnt a commercial plane but was definitely artificial. Imma call it a mysterious flying object due to the connotations ufo has.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 17, 2011, 01:26:57 AM
Does anyone here know of any groups or such that accept and do further investigation into ufos without automatically assuming extraterrestrials? Just saw something weird that definitely wasnt a commercial plane but was definitely artificial. Imma call it a mysterious flying object due to the connotations ufo has.

Me, I generally assume military test vehicle.

People forget, when they look at the Blackbird and say, "ooh, COOL" that the damn thing in service for something like 20 years before it was made public.  I have NO idea what they're playing with these days.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cuddlefish

Honestly, I've noticed a LOT of black helicopters flying overhead these days. Like, alot. That, and recently, at night, I've witnessed two of what appear to be either large or low flying noncommercial airplanes. Chalked it all up to paranoia, but figured it was semi-relavent here :fnord:
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Eater of Clowns

Unmanned surveillance drone public test.

Sleep well.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 17, 2011, 05:21:01 AM
Unmanned surveillance drone public test.

Sleep well.

For tomorrow you may have a stun baton flying at your legs.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I saw what looked like a flashing light zigzagging across the sky really fast once. You're right, Twid, every time I tried to look for information I got that space alien crap. Nice way to discredit everybody who sees something weird in the sky, I guess.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I lived in an area that flew a lot of military test planes. I got used to WHAT THE FUCK WAS  THAT???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

The obvious answer is .......  "The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."

:lulz:

I've seen some weird shit, especially when we lived out west.  Knowing how sneaky the military is, I have to agree with Coyote.  They have shit we haven't heard of and probably won't hear about it until there have been too many sightings for them to deny it.

East Coast Hustle

I've heard a rumor that there may be such a thing as UAVs that are launched from ballistic subs. I've heard a rumor that they come out of the torpedo tubes, surface, and then ascend to their flight apex using rocket boosters, at which point the wings scissor open and they accelerate quickly on a lateral track, which would give a viewer the impression of something moving very fast and changing direction in a manner not thought possible by traditional winged aircraft.

OF course, I hear all kinds of crazy rumors.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 17, 2011, 01:26:57 AM
Does anyone here know of any groups or such that accept and do further investigation into ufos without automatically assuming extraterrestrials?

have you ruled out ULTRA TERRESTRIALS?

:ohnotache:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZCUfjbewra4/TdWKhiogz1I/AAAAAAAAAB4/WxWhy8Yriho/s1600/001.jpg

Nephew Twiddleton

Technically i havent ruled out anything. Thats why they put the u in ufo :lulz:

experimental drone is probably the best explanation. It had three lights configured like an equilateral triangle was black and left no contrail. Its flight was in a definite direction and kinda shaky. Saw this a couple of blocks from fenway park.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

I heard a crazy rumor that those, along with a version that gets boosted to the edge of the atmosphere and becomes a mach 13 hypersonic glider, is currently DARPA's biggest project.

Actually, I think the hypersonic glider version is public knowledge at this point.

The scissor-wing sub-launched drones, well, that's just a CRAZY rumor.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Don Coyote

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 17, 2011, 05:07:03 PM
I heard a crazy rumor that those, along with a version that gets boosted to the edge of the atmosphere and becomes a mach 13 hypersonic glider, is currently DARPA's biggest project.

Actually, I think the hypersonic glider version is public knowledge at this point.

The scissor-wing sub-launched drones, well, that's just a CRAZY rumor.

You mean the one that got lost?

East Coast Hustle

It didn't get lost, they lost guidance and it had a failsafe that made sure it ditched when that happened. They know exactly where it impacted.

I heard a crazy rumor that there may have been a certain point in time when I really wished they had those same failsafes on their goddamn experimental torpedos.

:lulz:

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4