News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2011, 03:23:24 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2011, 03:22:30 PM
I'm fairly sure the default fundie position now isn't creationism but intelligent design.  basically evolution but God's hand is involved, guiding it.

It's the same fucking thing.

Just as silly, but the arguements against it are a little different.

It also allows for the "God loves gays" arguement in ways that aren't as easy with Creationism.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2011, 03:16:59 PM
I'm actually about to write something big on this.  Once I finish this personal statement.  Hopefully part one will go up this evening.

I think it's sympomatic of something larger, but what you say is definitely part of it.

I'm looking forward to reading this.

LMNO

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2011, 03:46:19 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2011, 03:23:24 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2011, 03:22:30 PM
I'm fairly sure the default fundie position now isn't creationism but intelligent design.  basically evolution but God's hand is involved, guiding it.

It's the same fucking thing.

It also allows for the "God loves gays" arguement in ways that aren't as easy with Creationism.

Don't fall for that shit.  "God did it" and "God is doing it" are the same fucking argument.

Juana

^This. The differences are negligible and ID is creationism dressed up.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 31, 2011, 03:46:19 PM

Jesus.  Fuck off.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

OSHIT. IT'LL THINK THAT WAS SECKS, DOK :puke:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Perry's views on abortion are being dragged into view:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/melissa-harris-perry-rick-perry-wants-to-get-all-up-in-your-uterus-and-take-a-picture/

As I understand it, the type of sonogram that can be taken in the first trimester is actually invasive. This isn't a "rub the jelly on the belly and run the little plastic thing over your tummy" job, this is a "lube up the wand and shove it up into the works" procedure.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yee haw.

If it wasn't for Austin, I'd be begging for Texas to be nuked.  :x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on September 01, 2011, 12:42:30 AM

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/melissa-harris-perry-rick-perry-wants-to-get-all-up-in-your-uterus-and-take-a-picture/

As I understand it, the type of sonogram that can be taken in the first trimester is actually invasive. This isn't a "rub the jelly on the belly and run the little plastic thing over your tummy" job, this is a "lube up the wand and shove it up into the works" procedure.

Yep. I've had that ultrasound a bunch of times, it's REALLY unpleasant not only because they stick a jelly-covered electric wand in your hoo, but because you have to have a very full bladder for it to work. It was reassuring for me to see that Tiny Blobs 1 & 3 (Now EFO and LO) had a heartbeat, but I imagine the whole scene would be super-fucked if you were planning to abort.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's also super-shitty that he wants, basically, to tack on a completely superfluous and medically unnecessary extra expense to abortion, making it even less accessible to the poor.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on September 01, 2011, 06:03:22 AM

Yep. I've had that ultrasound a bunch of times, it's REALLY unpleasant not only because they stick a jelly-covered electric wand in your hoo, but because you have to have a very full bladder for it to work. It was reassuring for me to see that Tiny Blobs 1 & 3 (Now EFO and LO) had a heartbeat, but I imagine the whole scene would be super-fucked if you were planning to abort.

Basically," We are going to violate you, against your wishes, to force you to witness the heartbeat of the embryo/fetus/thingy that you want to abort" :kingmeh:

PopeTom

Quote from: Donald Coyote on September 01, 2011, 06:07:41 AM

Basically," We are going to violate you, against your wishes, to force you to witness the heartbeat of the embryo/fetus/thingy that you want to abort" :kingmeh:

"And it won't be covered under your medical insurance so you'll have to pay for it yourself you dirty sex having whore!!!!"
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PopeTom on September 01, 2011, 07:04:07 AM
Quote from: Donald Coyote on September 01, 2011, 06:07:41 AM

"And it won't be covered under your medical insurance so you'll have to pay for it yourself you dirty sex having whore!!!!"

EW. Rick Perry is Snakeman.

Adios

A federal judge put it on hold so she could review the constitutionality of it.

Jenne

Quote from: Pancho on September 01, 2011, 11:21:38 AM

A federal judge put it on hold so she could review the constitutionality of it.

Seems to be a lot of that going down in the red states lately...