News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

He used to go fishing with Dick Cheney, you know.

Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Phox

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 02:34:23 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 13, 2011, 02:31:20 AM
...I can't even come up with a response to that.

That's because you hate Baby Jesus, and make out with communists.
IMMA COMMIE!!!!!!!  :fap:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Phox on September 13, 2011, 03:09:47 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 02:34:23 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 13, 2011, 02:31:20 AM
...I can't even come up with a response to that.

That's because you hate Baby Jesus, and make out with communists.
IMMA COMMIE!!!!!!!  :fap:

THANK YOU, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!
\
:mccain:
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I'm thinking

- lots of "Ric Perri - NOT GAY" pictures
- uploading to reddit, digg etc
- angry group of "Perri" supporters on Facebook insisting he is not gay (naturally, made by us)
- ?????
- MEDIA COVERAGE!

Igor

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2011, 12:42:55 PM
I'm thinking

- lots of "Ric Perri - NOT GAY" pictures
- uploading to reddit, digg etc
- angry group of "Perri" supporters on Facebook insisting he is not gay (naturally, made by us)
- ?????
- MEDIA COVERAGE!

THIS.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Triple Zero

Sounds like a plan, have another one!

mmm soft focus ...
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cramulus

I'll pass on the "not gay" meme

for the same reason I'd pass on a "not a nigger" meme

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 02:39:10 PM

You seriously don't see a difference, here?
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I honestly truly just want people's race and sexuality to not be part of the discussion

Even though this image meme is obviously tongue in cheek, it's still bringing a particle to the foreground that I don't think belongs in politics

there are so much more valid, cutting, useful things to say about perry than trying to start a false flag rumor that he's gay

I don't want my enemies to experience homophobia either

it's all the lapel pin bullshit. It's superficial - smoke and mirrors. The more we talk about it, even when we satirize it, the more real it becomes, the more easy it is for it to become part of the discussion in the future.

Cramulus

It shares a vibe with the Christina O'Donnell episode last year... Remember how she apparently banged that random guy a few years ago, was awful in bed, and before the election, the guy went to a journalist and spilled his guts?

I hated Christina O'Donnell, but I don't think slut shaming her was in any way cool. Calling somebody a slut is vulgar, it's based on misogyny, and while yes, it made O'donnell look bad, it probably also deterred some women from getting into politics.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 02:39:10 PM

Explain, cause this confuses me?

afaik, "Gay" is not a slur, like "Nigger". the difference is that "Nigger" is offensive in any context.

and second, it's because Rick Perree is being an intolerant prick towards gay people.

or, wait maybe I get it:

implying Rick Perry might be gay (by denying it strongly) is intended to get him (and his supporters) to get worked up about it, but a campaign for getting them worked up about it also confirms the idea that being gay or implying someone is gay is something to get worked up about, and therefore you don't like it.

is that about right?

I can sort of see it but it doesn't sit right.

cause I was having fun with it.

and also because I can't quite grasp the problem with pissing off a group of people by making them get all worked up about something they're bigots for getting worked up about over.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 03:07:36 PM
Even though this image meme is obviously tongue in cheek

MORE LIEK TONGUE-IN-BUTTCHEEK AMIRITE??? :lol:

QuoteI don't want my enemies to experience homophobia either

I don't really think they could possibly be any more homophobic than they already are, regardless what we do. If that wasn't the case, I'd grant you the point.
Neither do I expect them to experience any less homophobia whether I'd do this or not.

Quoteit's all the lapel pin bullshit. It's superficial - smoke and mirrors. The more we talk about it, even when we satirize it, the more real it becomes, the more easy it is for it to become part of the discussion in the future.

You think? I actually disagree with that, for the reason that topics that are collectively not talked about, are also collectively tolerated. But that's not really relevant here.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 03:11:09 PMIt shares a vibe with the Christina O'Donnell episode last year... Remember how she apparently banged that random guy a few years ago, was awful in bed, and before the election, the guy went to a journalist and spilled his guts?

I hated Christina O'Donnell, but I don't think slut shaming her was in any way cool. Calling somebody a slut is vulgar, it's based on misogyny, and while yes, it made O'donnell look bad,

Yeah I agree that wasn't cool.

Still was funny. I can find uncool things funny if they happen to really awful people.

Like that animated GIF of that woman that got a watermelon trebucheted in her face, not cool, very funny.

Quoteit probably also deterred some women from getting into politics.

so would this deter gays from getting into politics?

are gays even underrepresented in politics? well, openly gays, probably, yeah.

well, now I don't really feel like shooping RICK PERRY IS GAY pics anyway :(

[even though HE TOTALLY SECRETLY IS and obviously likes to take it up the pooper]

DICKSCLAIMER: The juvenile jokes in this post prevented 77 gays from "entering politics" (*), 9 women felt collaterally threatened and now choose raising kids over a career and no less than 21 traditional role-models are now reinforced with concrete and steel (dicks).

(* anally)