News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

I was REALLY hoping this dumber-than-dubya would keep on opening his maw and sticking his feet in it.  I'll sit with a glass of bubbly and a bucket of popcorn watching his failboat sink into the horizon as the GOP rats swim away.

Luna

Quote from: Iptuous on September 23, 2011, 09:06:36 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 23, 2011, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2011, 08:23:38 PM
True.  But once you implode in the eyes of the conservative establishment (and probably the liberal establishment too, for that matter), you're dead to them, and no longer a Serious Candidate.

Lets put it this way: I don't see Sarah Palin ever making a comeback.  Once you peak, that seems to be it, you can only go down.

If anyone can think of any modern exceptions to this, I'd like to hear them.

That's probably because if they have to make someone "big" they might as well start with one with a clean slate, it's not like there's any shortage of braindead morons to fill the positions? So just get a new one instead of recycle the blemished old one.

Like Disney owned boy bands.

oh god.
now i can't get the image of the republican debate with poppy music and choreographed dancing out of my head!
:x

And Bachmann dressed like Hannah Montana.

I hate you, Ippy.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Iptuous on September 23, 2011, 09:06:36 PM
oh god.
now i can't get the image of the republican debate with poppy music and choreographed dancing out of my head!
:x

If you think that's bad, try getting it out of your TV next elections.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

deadfong

True.  But once you implode in the eyes of the conservative establishment (and probably the liberal establishment too, for that matter), you're dead to them, and no longer a Serious Candidate.

Lets put it this way: I don't see Sarah Palin ever making a comeback.  Once you peak, that seems to be it, you can only go down.

You're probably right.  I just can't seem to shake The Fear.

Cain

Well, he hasnt quite imploded yet.  He's looking a lot shakier than he did two weeks ago, though.

Jenne

I can hear the tick tick tick though...

Cain

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/a-look-at-politifact-grades-of-candidates/

Perry is a massive liar, but also says quite a few true things, it seems.

Bachmann, on the other hand, is an out and out liar. 

Cain

Oh.  My.  GOD.

The Stupidest Fucking Guy on the Planet is advising Rick Perry on his Mid-East policy:

QuoteThe National Review Online reports that Texas GOP governor Rick Perry appears to be getting serious about running for president because apparently he is "brushing up on foreign policy." And who is helping Perry with the brushing? None other than Doug Feith, whom Gen. Tommy Franks famously referred to as the "stupidest guy on the face of the earth." Feith is also well known for leading the Pentagon's Office of Special Plans (a.k.a "The Lie Factory") that cooked up faulty intel on Iraq's WMD program before the invasion.

This is like a perfect storm of stupidity.

Cramulus

True.  But once you implode in the eyes of the conservative establishment (and probably the liberal establishment too, for that matter), you're dead to them, and no longer a Serious Candidate.

Lets put it this way: I don't see Sarah Palin ever making a comeback.  Once you peak, that seems to be it, you can only go down.

Romney and McCain?

both had a number of false starts to the white house but continued to be serious candidates

ETA: ehh neither had any major bungles or gaffs though
also, Palin is toast

Luna

QuoteThree commissioners appointed by Gov. Rick Perry may grant some of the nation's largest refineries a tax refund of more than $135 million — money Texas' cash-strapped schools and other local governments have been counting on to help pay teachers and provide other public services.
The refund would mean more pain for some communities after a year in which state lawmakers had to grapple with a $27 billion shortfall and slashed spending on public schools by more than $4 billion. Nearly half the refund would be taken from public schools, and those in cities where the refineries are based would be hurt the most.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/26/328524/perry-appointees-raid-public-school-funds-to-give-oil-refineries-135-million-tax-break/
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Rev

Quote from: Luna on September 27, 2011, 12:19:52 AM
QuoteThree commissioners appointed by Gov. Rick Perry may grant some of the nation's largest refineries a tax refund of more than $135 million — money Texas' cash-strapped schools and other local governments have been counting on to help pay teachers and provide other public services.
The refund would mean more pain for some communities after a year in which state lawmakers had to grapple with a $27 billion shortfall and slashed spending on public schools by more than $4 billion. Nearly half the refund would be taken from public schools, and those in cities where the refineries are based would be hurt the most.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/09/26/328524/perry-appointees-raid-public-school-funds-to-give-oil-refineries-135-million-tax-break/

An education isn't important. All we need to do is to teach kids to work and then send them to the factories. Too bad there aren't any left here to send them to.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Rev on September 27, 2011, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: Luna on September 27, 2011, 12:19:52 AM

An education isn't important. All we need to do is to teach kids to work and then send them to the factories. Too bad there aren't any left here to send them to.

Survival of the fittest. Those who don't die of malutrition and exposure will make a s00per breed of servant.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Rev

Guess how much the leader of this "Christian" movement to cut-government-help-for-the-poor-because-the-Church-should-be-doing-it gave to his church from 2007-2009 (the most recent years his tax records are available)? 1/100th of a tithe! Rick Perry gave only one one-thousandth of what he made to his church. The year he made more than $1 million, his total church giving was less than $100 (you read that right -- that's less than 1/10,000th of his income). On the other hand, in 2009 alone he deducted $15,000 in "gifts" to renovate the Governor's mansion where he lived. This is more than he gave to his churches during the last decade. And we wonder why the Church isn't able to do a better job caring for the least and last.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-sapp/...lp00000008

Cain

Is Dan Simmons in the tank for Perry?  Just heard about his last book, "Flashback".  Quoth someone else:

QuoteThe U.S. is a broke, neo-totalitarian State, with cities and roads lawless. It rents out its poorly trained and equipped army as fodder to Japan and India to fight their wars. People deal with the catastrophes by abusing a drug called 'Flashback' that allows one to memory dive and relieve a post moment as new again.

All of the decline, this 'appeasement' occurred because of a man elected president in November 2008. His policies like ObamaCare, his speech in Cairo, it all started with one community organizer.

The lone, shining hold out of integrity and self esteem? Why, the Republic of Texas, naturally.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2011, 12:57:20 PM
Is Dan Simmons in the tank for Perry?  Just heard about his last book, "Flashback".  Quoth someone else:

QuoteThe U.S. is a broke, neo-totalitarian State, with cities and roads lawless. It rents out its poorly trained and equipped army as fodder to Japan and India to fight their wars. People deal with the catastrophes by abusing a drug called 'Flashback' that allows one to memory dive and relieve a post moment as new again.

All of the decline, this 'appeasement' occurred because of a man elected president in November 2008. His policies like ObamaCare, his speech in Cairo, it all started with one community organizer.

The lone, shining hold out of integrity and self esteem? Why, the Republic of Texas, naturally.

WUT?  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division