News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Luna

Quote from: deadfong on September 01, 2011, 04:29:24 PM
The judge apparently found only part of the law unconstitutional:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Judge-stays-sonogram-law-2148085.php

QuoteTo those women seeking an abortion, the law would have required doctors to display an ultrasound image of the fetus, make the heartbeat audible and describe the fetus' dimensions, cardiac activity and internal and external organs.

Sparks said all of those requirements violate First Amendment protections against state-ordered speech.

Sparks let stand the law's requirement that sonograms be performed at least 24 hours before an abortion, unless the patient lives 100 miles or more from the nearest provider. In that case, the wait would be shortened to two hours.

Sonograms already are routinely performed before abortions for diagnostic reasons. Typically, they are done the same day.

Kinda sounds like women in Texas who want an abortion will still have to pay for two sonograms, but at least they won't have to hear any speechifying about it.

The Fifth Circuit Court has blocked enforcement of this law while it's under review.  Link may be NSFW, as it has an illustration of how invasive the required sonograms are.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39225_Supreme_Court_Blocks_Texas_Neanderthal_Sonogram_Law

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

Let me get this straight.

They passed a law that would require the mother be forced to listen to the heartbeat of a fetus that is so small it requires the insertion of a probe to asses it?

I fucking hate people.

Luna

Quote from: Donald Coyote on October 01, 2011, 04:26:55 PM
Let me get this straight.

They passed a law that would require the mother be forced to listen to the heartbeat of a fetus that is so small it requires the insertion of a probe to asses it?

I fucking hate people.

Yes, that's exactly what they did.  And Rick Perry signed it.

http://mycuentame.org/2011/08/29/rick-perrys-anti-abortion-law-takes-effect-this-week-requiring-women-to-get-a-sonogram-24-hours-before-an-abortion/

QuoteUnder the new law, doctors preparing to perform an abortion were required to conduct an ultrasound, show the result to the pregnant woman and make the fetal heartbeat audible before performing the procedure. If the patient declined to see the ultrasound, she would have to sign a waiver that also required her to disclose if the pregnancy resulted from incest or assault.
She also would still be compelled to hear the doctor's detailed description of the fetal development revealed in the ultrasound. Then, the patient would have to wait at least 24 hours before returning to obtain an abortion.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/governor-seethes-over-court-veto-of-abortion-law-20110831-1jm0t.html#ixzz1ZYibWF2q

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

Could we lobby for this method to be applied to the decision to wage war?  Before authorizing an act of War, the President and Congress must look at pictures of civilian victims of the last conflict for a period of no less than two hours, and hear the testimony of those affected by the violence.

They then must wait a further 24 hours before declaring war.

Elder Iptuous

that sounds like a fantastic idea, Cain.
except....
we don't actually declare war anymore.

Luna

I like it, Cain.  It's just missing some type of humiliating invasive medical procedure.  Like, a check to see if their heads are lodged in their asses, maybe...

Cain

Oh look, speaking of military interventions!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-15140560

QuoteTexas Governor Rick Perry - who is seeking the Republican nomination for US president - has said he would consider sending American troops into Mexico to combat drug-related violence.

Mr Perry was speaking during a campaign appearance in New Hampshire.

"It may require our military in Mexico working in concert with them to kill these drug cartels and keep them off our border," he said.

Such a move would go far beyond current US involvement in Mexico's drugs war.

The suggestion is also likely to irritate Mexico's government over the sensitive issue, correspondents say.

Governor Perry gave no further details of what sort of possible military intervention he would consider.

"I don't know all the different scenarios that would be out there," he said.

"But I think it is very important for us to work with them to keep that country from failing".

Of course, military advisors and special forces are already operating in Mexico, nevermind what the Pentagon says or Mexico thinks.  But they are there in relatively small numbers and, when acting covertly, tend to take care not to get caught or be obvious about it.

Perry therefore seems to be suggesting something larger scale.  Also, good luck in winning that war!  I hear the militarized response has really done wonders for the Mexican government, so maybe he could bring some of that "success" north of the border.

Luna

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/rick-perry-warren-buffett-hasnt-got-clue--0

QuoteANDREW SORKIN, CNBC: Governor Perry, real quick. Warren Buffett is going to be in New York tomorrow for an Obama fund-raiser. Curious about your thoughts on the Buffet Rule.

Gov, RICK PERRY: I think it's right down to the real problem that we've got in Washington, D.C. an administration that is listening to people who really don't have an understanding about what's going on out there in the real world. you think -- I respect -- I think Mr. Buffet is a really intelligent individual. I can promise you he doesn't know what's going on in places that where the job creation is at a zero because of overtaxation and overregulation.

I don't even...

Cain

One of Buffett's subsidaries has employed more people in the private sector than Rick Perry has in his whole life.

Also, noticed on Google auto-complete, when typing in "Rick Perry", the top choice after "Rick Perry" itself is "Rick Perry gay".  Just thought you'd all like to know.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2011, 10:33:12 AM

QuoteTexas Governor Rick Perry - who is seeking the Republican nomination for US president - has said he would consider sending American troops into Mexico to combat drug-related violence.

"It may require our military in Mexico working in concert with them to kill these drug cartels and keep them off our border," he said.

The suggestion is also likely to irritate Mexico's government over the sensitive issue, correspondents say.

Governor Perry gave no further details of what sort of possible military intervention he would consider.

"But I think it is very important for us to work with them to keep that country from failing".

Of course, military advisors and special forces are already operating in Mexico, nevermind what the Pentagon says or Mexico thinks.  But they are there in relatively small numbers and, when acting covertly, tend to take care not to get caught or be obvious about it.

Perry therefore seems to be suggesting something larger scale.  Also, good luck in winning that war!  I hear the militarized response has really done wonders for the Mexican government, so maybe he could bring some of that "success" north of the border.

THE BLOODY FUCKING RETARDED INBRED PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2011, 12:52:43 PM
One of Buffett's subsidaries has employed more people in the private sector than Rick Perry has in his whole life.

Also, noticed on Google auto-complete, when typing in "Rick Perry", the top choice after "Rick Perry" itself is "Rick Perry gay".  Just thought you'd all like to know.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2011, 10:33:12 AM

Actually doing that certainly won't help the situation, but talking like that will win him more votes from the God Guns and Guts demographic that he is courting.

I'm disappointed.  Rick Perry gay is the third auto-suggestion when I tried it.  I get:
Rick Perry
Rick Perry for president
Rick Perry gay
Rick Perry issues
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Cain

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A