News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.wunderground.com/

Just thought I'd point you all towards the Weather Underground website (yes, that is their actual name).

Adios

No wonder I'm freezing my ass off, it's only 48 degrees here.

Suu

I use Wunderground a lot, but they use most of NOAA's information.

My personal fave tracking site is www.stormpulse.com
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Until a terrorist group calls themselves Stormplus it just wont be the same  :sad:

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Katia is gonna miss me completely.

This, of course, is why the universe has decided to form another one off of Cape Verde.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 06, 2011, 02:35:37 PM

This, of course, is why the universe has decided to form another one off of Cape Verde.

You can run, but you can't hide.

Suu

I'm calling Gulf beeliner. Just 'cause we haven't seen one in a while, and I want to torture my parents just like they tortured me with Irene.

East Coast Hustle

Oh, I can run.

It's just that if this thing forms up and takes the traditional track I'll be running the exact wrong way.

On the other hand, it's written into our contracts that if we've already started the contract and are threatened by a tropical system and have to run for a safe port, the clients have to pay us the full rate for the additional days, so I might actually come out ahead on this one. You know, aside from a few days of violent seasickness.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu on September 06, 2011, 02:51:55 PM

I'm calling Gulf beeliner. Just 'cause we haven't seen one in a while, and I want to torture my parents just like they tortured me with Irene.

It might already be too far north for that, by the looks of things. I'm calling a "skirt Puerto Rico, destroy Haiti again, nail the western Bahamas (that's me!), and wipe West Palm off the map" type deal.

Suu

Or, we could have another Andrew on our hands, the pinky finger of God trying to separate Miami-Dade from the rest of Florida. Again.

Adios

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 06, 2011, 02:53:26 PM
Oh, I can run.

It's just that if this thing forms up and takes the traditional track I'll be running the exact wrong way.

On the other hand, it's written into our contracts that if we've already started the contract and are threatened by a tropical system and have to run for a safe port, the clients have to pay us the full rate for the additional days, so I might actually come out ahead on this one. You know, aside from a few days of violent seasickness.

I have a mental image of you on the ships mast Lt. Dan style yelling at god during the worst of the storm.

East Coast Hustle

We don't have a mast, but I could totally climb the crane and do that.

East Coast Hustle

Fuck me. It's headed right for STT and the Bahamas.

Just did the math. It's gonna force us to run for a safe port. Otherwise, on our planned heading and schedule, we will be right in the eye of it next tuesday night or wednesday morning.

Suu

What? 14? Yeah, that's gonna get ugly. Katia is done. Stick a fork in her, she's hitting the stream and going to flood England.