News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

say im sorry, yatto

Started by the last yatto, September 05, 2011, 09:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Do or don't. What is at issue here is not many of us have seen the apology. We got it secondhanded, no offense Nigel.

As it stands you and you alone are in complete control as to how you are treated from here on out. Choose wisely.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Brian Fnord on September 05, 2011, 06:45:17 PM
well how many times does someone have to say their sorry?

Only as much times so that the people for who the apology is actually intended, actually personally see you making it.

That being (afaik) Dok and Cain, for threatening to use their copyrighted works without permission.

Which can be as little as just once, if you do it here, sincerely, without joking around about it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

well how many times does someone have to say their sorry? i made my thoughts on the subject after it happened but was tossed back in my face,  i should have knew the mess i was creating. others made it worse but i kept it going.

tho thats something that would be the biggest cause of most conflict for me here, so i will think more and post less
but  im sorry i put having to be correct over what was the best for the group.  i just didnt see any deadline.. nor a reason to be nice to someone who was treating me like shit.  as ive seen enough drama i should have known better...

So basically you don't think you did anything wrong, and you don't think you should have to apologize directly and publicly to Dok and Cain.

OK then.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Once would be nice.  Telling people that they are to blame for your actions is not "apologizing".

Molon Lube

the last yatto

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2011, 07:57:33 PM

Once would be nice.  Telling people that they are to blame for your actions is not "apologizing".

im sorry i was using your previous agreement to use your work as some binding legal agreement, this site runs on volunteer associations so to abuse that trust put myself in the wrong, if someone doesnt want to be apart of a project they have a right to withdraw at any time without being flamed like someone who just hit 50 posts. i still think its uncalled asking if i was going to 'raise my son as a thief' but that doesnt excuse my actions even if it hit my buttons as a new father

the first time i borrowed cain's work, (cant figure why i quoted it, i thought i asked him for the previous issue, but i could never find anything in a pm or a post) and im sorry  for dragging cain into something he didnt have anything to do with the second time,  i really didnt think anything said on the internets would ever make it hard for him to carry on his career choice as a whitehat

i dont intend to work on intermittens any time soon,
or do anything that would require the copyright/copyleft issue to come into question again.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

East Coast Hustle

That's not quite "I'm sorry I threatened to steal copyrighted works from this site and its contributors" but I guess it will have to do.

The last two lines are more important than a half-assed apology anyway.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Elder Iptuous

Yatto,
i've got no dog in this fight, but just as a protip, i've found that if you feel that an apology that you're making requires qualifiers, then you shouldn't be making it.  If you feel that you should be making it.... don't put qualifiers in it.

sometimes it's difficult to simply say, "sorry, i fucked up." when you have "but so-and-so shares culpability" floating around in your head, too.  but if'n you let the second part slip, then you've often done more harm then good.  if you just keep that bit to yourself, then you may find that it is quite possible that it will then be voiced by the other party, and even if it doesn't, it can make it easier to let it go, anyways.

BadBeast

Welcome back, Spag, pool's on the roof, line on the left, one cross each,  yada yada yada, . . . . 

Oh, and Guys, unbanning Yatto's one thing, but please tell me we're not going to unban that sonic abortionist AKK as well ? Because there's only so far 'experimental' can carry a tune, before losing it's first 5 letters. (Not very far at all, in his case)

:elvis:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

East Coast Hustle

If I unban AKK, you'll know I've been into Dok's cactus stash. :lulz:

I mean, I've hung out with Yatto IRL. He's really not a bad guy, just bad at understanding how he'll be interpreted by people who don't actually know him.

Akk, on the other hand....well, if he was on fire I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Epimetheus

I suggest:

1) Create a new subforum called The Zoo.
2) Unban all banned people, but restrict their access to The Zoo only.
3) Let the swamp fester, observe and enjoy. FOR SCIENCE.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

BadBeast

Quote from: Epimetheus on September 05, 2011, 11:04:24 PM
I suggest:

Like a kind of "Big Brother"?  We give them bullshit tasks to complete, with disproportionate, but entertaining  punishments when they don't complete them? Then ban them all again, one by one!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Epimetheus

Quote from: BadBeast on September 05, 2011, 11:15:52 PM
I suggest:

Like a kind of "Big Brother"?  We give them bullshit tasks to complete, with disproportionate, but entertaining  punishments when they don't complete them? Then ban them all again, one by one!

I was thinking more like let the ecosystem develop naturally.
If only user accounts could reproduce like organisms! Oh, this gives me Wonderful Horrible Ideas!

BadBeast

Quote from: Epimetheus on September 05, 2011, 11:21:07 PM
I suggest:

If only user accounts could reproduce like organisms! Oh, this gives me Wonderful Horrible Ideas!
Does it involve some kind of "virtual womb" thread?

Epimetheus

Quote from: BadBeast on September 05, 2011, 11:29:05 PM
Quote from: Epimetheus on September 05, 2011, 11:21:07 PM
I suggest:

Like a kind of "Big Brother"?  We give them bullshit tasks to complete, with disproportionate, but entertaining  punishments when they don't complete them? Then ban them all again, one by one!

Does it involve some kind of "virtual womb" thread?

Whoa! A communal womb? Like a Queen Bee?

In any case, I revise my idea with your idea. There should be The Zoo, for unguided activity, and The Lab, for your ...ahem... guided activity.

eta: To be honest, I don't think most of them would go along with the prodding, though. Ultimately I think The Zoo keeps it simple and quite amusing enough.