News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Also, banks have been notoriously stingy when it comes to loans for the past few years, even with massive and well known firms (our town had a major ie international firm headquarted there, and they were having trouble securing loans.  They made lighting systems for fucks sake.  Everyone needs new lights at some point).

kingyak

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2011, 11:44:37 PM
Also, banks have been notoriously stingy when it comes to loans for the past few years, even with massive and well known firms (our town had a major ie international firm headquarted there, and they were having trouble securing loans.  They made lighting systems for fucks sake.  Everyone needs new lights at some point).

I think a teabagger would inform you that lights are just a luxury that the nanny state has convinced us that we need. Not entirely sure how that ties to the idea that it's perfectly legitimate to take huge bailouts while cutting lending, but I think Kevin Bacon is involved somehow.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2011, 08:52:02 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on October 07, 2011, 08:50:47 PM
If you're not friends with any tea party spags on facebook, here the sort of stuff you're missing:

Saw that on Capitol Grilling.

It's like saying that if you oppose abusive policies by oil companies, you should not drive or heat your home.

Yes, exactly. It's like saying that you're a hypocrite for wanting options other than the corporate town, because after all you LIVE in the corporate town.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

It's saying these people are UNGRATEFUL and instead of protesting they should be on their knees THANKING Dow Corning, Samsung, Clairol, etc. EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY PAID INFLATED PRICES FOR THE CHEAP SHODDY SHIT FROM CHINA.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I think this is concentrated, bottled-up butthurt from those photographs of TP protesters where all the things that were paid for with taxes are pointed out.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on October 08, 2011, 04:27:38 AM
I think this is concentrated, bottled-up butthurt from those photographs of TP protesters where all the things that were paid for with taxes are pointed out.

I'm stunned and impressed that they had the brainpower to make the correlation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Epimetheus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 07, 2011, 11:11:45 PM
All protests must be done naked with body paint signs made from gathered berries.

I would argue this without any political reason at all.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cain

In reference to the earlier sneering, about how "people still have fridges"....well, I hate to go all Poli Sci 101 on everyone again, but most revolutions by a dispossessed underclass actually happen after the worst of it is over and things look like they're recovering.

In the French Revolution, for example, there had been an economic crash shortly before hand (I can't exactly remember when) but prices of bread etc were going down and wages were going up when the revolution struck.  Equally, going by the CIA World Factbook data on Libya, there was a country where, by African and Middle East standards, things were pretty good and getting better (economically, at least).

When times are really bad, people are just looking to survive.  But when things improve a little....well, then they're looking for revenge.  If anything, this should cause concern, not sneering among the pundit class.

But it wont, because almost none of the pundit class have the necessary historical awareness to think in those terms.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Considering what a lot of us have had to go through, revenge is appropriate.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on October 08, 2011, 02:00:42 AM
If you're not friends with any tea party spags on facebook, here the sort of stuff you're missing:

It's like saying that if you oppose abusive policies by oil companies, you should not drive or heat your home.

Yes, exactly. It's like saying that you're a hypocrite for wanting options other than the corporate town, because after all you LIVE in the corporate town.

It's also over looking why people are angry. They're not angry that corporations are giving us all sorts of products. They're angry because they basically own the government and fucked the economy.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 08, 2011, 11:38:53 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 08, 2011, 02:00:42 AM

It's also over looking why people are angry. They're not angry that corporations are giving us all sorts of products. They're angry because they basically own the government and fucked the economy.

Yeah, it's essentially a red herring.

rong

the razors by gillette guy seems pretty cool
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Sooooo....I went down to the Tucson occupy, and I was the only guy there.

JUST LIKE WHEN I TROLL FROM PD.

:crankey:

Dok,
What if you had a revolution, and nobody came?
Molon Lube