News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 11, 2011, 05:06:09 PM
Surely, he only means income taxes, and not payroll, et al?

Federal level income, yes.

That the 47% earn so little that they do not get taxed is fundamentally an indictment not of the economic situation of the USA or the unreasonable expectations of the Federal Government, but those lazy, welfare bums protesting in New York.

kingyak

One of the more horrific thing I've seen in the "poor people should shut the hell up" genre (which I'm assuming the 53% nonsense is a part of):

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/registering_the_poor_to_vote_is_un-american.html
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Elder Iptuous

i got full up on stupid just reading the URL...
too stupid; didn't click
:lol:

kingyak

Quote from: Iptuous on October 11, 2011, 05:13:30 PM
i got full up on stupid just reading the URL...
too stupid; didn't click
:lol:

It gets much stupider from there.

Cain

Cain

Just checked.  Federal income tax doesn't kick in unless you're earning about $50,000 a year.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2011, 05:40:31 PM
Just checked.  Federal income tax doesn't kick in unless you're earning about $50,000 a year.

The mode income is $19,800/yr.

And this guy is saying that only those who pay income tax should have a vote?

Pretty sure that's what the confederate states wanted.
Molon Lube

kingyak

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 11, 2011, 05:50:02 PM
Just checked.  Federal income tax doesn't kick in unless you're earning about $50,000 a year.

It's been a while since I read the article I linked, but he was mainly against allowing people receiving government assistance to vote--don't remember if he took it out to exclude those who don't pay income tax as well or not. I don't think Erik Erik Erikson of Erikland has argued that only people who pay taxes should have a vote, but he certainly seems to be suggesting that only people who pay taxes should have a voice. Different nuts, same tree.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: kingyak on October 11, 2011, 05:57:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 11, 2011, 05:50:02 PM
Just checked.  Federal income tax doesn't kick in unless you're earning about $50,000 a year.

It's been a while since I read the article I linked, but he was mainly against allowing people receiving government assistance to vote--don't remember if he took it out to exclude those who don't pay income tax as well or not. I don't think Erik Erik Erikson of Erikland has argued that only people who pay taxes should have a vote, but he certainly seems to be suggesting that only people who pay taxes should have a voice. Different nuts, same tree.

Well, that eliminates most of the Tea Party, at least.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Scribbly

I've heard that the London version kicks off this weekend.

I literally just realized that this is going to be the first big protest since the London Riots took place. Given the amount of conflation in the media regarding how 'toothless' the police were 'forced' to be after the criticism they received for the G20 protests, as though the riots and peaceful protests are the same thing... and this will be the first test of the new Commissioner. Who interestingly, had a career primarily focused on financial fraud, and has an MBA.

I suspect that it is going to become very bloody before the day is out. If the police can instigate a second round of 'riots' in the heart of London before the end of the year, the chances of the 20% cuts going through becomes rather slimmer, and they'll get free rein to use whatever tactics they like to stop the next bunch of 'sick elements of our society' acting up.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

It'll be interesting, for sure.

Glad I'm working that weekend, to be honest.  Not that I expect Islington to be the front line of battling the police.

Scribbly

I'm in two minds. I have plans for Sunday, but I almost want to drop it and be there.

On the other hand, I'm attached to my teeth.

It is a dilemma.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

I would say not going there for fear of the police is letting police brutality win (but check you're registered with an affordable dentist).

On the other hand, if you've already committed to something...

Pope Pixie Pickle

I want to go but I need a new washing machine more.