News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingyak

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 19, 2011, 04:31:14 PM
So I am being informed that the police came to the Occupy Carbondale protest and forcibly took down and confiscated the tents. Note that the temperature is dropping, it's been raining the past couple days, and the occupiers have been camped there since the weekend. Note also that the protesters were told that they can continue to occupy the area, but are not allowed to put up tents.

Phox,
Might come up with a plan.

Pics (and, of course, delightful comments from some of the area's most delightful intellectuals)
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150511844854569.459504.119187564568&type=1
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2011, 10:59:59 AM
Except, of course, the banks are already gearing up to pass the tax on to their customers, I'm sure.

It doesn't effect the general public, so they'd be passing it on mainly to other banks and corporate investments... exactly the sector who needs to pay it. At .05% it's really only an effective tax when applied to huge transactions, as it's meant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

They've thrown tarps over the Bucky Dome.  :lulz:

For those who don't know, the Bucky Dome is one of these, that was erected in the 60s by this guy.

ETA:  No pics today, don't have a camera with me. Maybe later tonight, if things go as I plan.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 19, 2011, 07:22:03 PM
They've thrown tarps over the Bucky Dome.  :lulz:

For those who don't know, the Bucky Dome is one of these, that was erected in the 60s by this guy.

ETA:  No pics today, don't have a camera with me. Maybe later tonight, if things go as I plan.

:? Why?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Probably to get around the "no tents" rule.

Or was that more of a metaphysical "Why"?

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 19, 2011, 07:45:15 PM
Probably to get around the "no tents" rule.

Or was that more of a metaphysical "Why"?
Right, LMNO. I'm waiting for the cops to tell them to take those down too.  :lulz:

Prince Glittersnatch III

The Tea Party is now warning people that the Occupy movement is racist.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tea-party-nation-accuses-occupy-wall-street-nazi-ties

QuoteOWS claims to be a leaderless movement, yet no one involved with the movement is willing to denounce the Nazis or the Communists. Contrast that to the Tea Party movement, which went overboard to make sure no one involved with the Tea Party movement was a racist or a Nazi.

OWS seems to have no problem with Nazis or the Communists. OWS supports forms of totalitarianism that directly killed about 250 million people in the last century and enslaved billions in poverty and tyranny.

The OWS movement, contrary to the media myth that is being spun, is not just a spontaneous uprising, but rather a well-planned event. It is not simply a group of dissatisfied Americans seeking redress of their grievances. It is a well thought out plan by far left wing groups.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cainad (dec.)

Error #1:

The American Left Wing is less than 0.001% as organized and on-the-ball as it would need to be in order to plan and execute something like this.

Phox

So, there's been talk that the authorities are THREATENING TO REMOVE THE DOME.  :lulz:

Granted, this is hearsay so far as I know, but I SO WANT IT TO BE TRUE.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 19, 2011, 10:17:35 PM
So, there's been talk that the authorities are THREATENING TO REMOVE THE DOME.  :lulz:

Wait... this is a historic building, right? WTF.  :lol:

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2011, 10:21:43 PM

Yeah.
THE OTHER THING I HEARD.
People from the Buckminster Fuller Institute were on campus today considering SIU as a finalist in the BFI Challenge Award. No idea if it's true but, still hilarious.

However, it seems as if this was exaggerated and that's no intent to remove the dome, and the occupiers would be allowed to set up tents across the street from the dome (i.e. not on campus, but on the property of an organization that is supportive of the occupiers). So... yeah.  :lol:

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 19, 2011, 10:33:22 PM

Yeah.
THE OTHER THING I HEARD.
People from the Buckminster Fuller Institute were on campus today considering SIU as a finalist in the BFI Challenge Award. No idea if it's true but, still hilarious.

However, it seems as if this was exaggerated and that's no intent to remove the dome, and the occupiers would be allowed to set up tents across the street from the dome (i.e. not on campus, but on the property of an organization that is supportive of the occupiers). So... yeah.  :lol:

What is this and what do?  I looked at the link (and behind it too) and I didn't see anything clear of why that's funny.  :?

Phox

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 19, 2011, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 19, 2011, 10:33:22 PM

Yeah.
THE OTHER THING I HEARD.

What is this and what do?  I looked at the link (and behind it too) and I didn't see anything clear of why that's funny.  :?
Buckminster Fuller is the guy who designed and built the dome when he was a professor here. It's named after him.  :lol:

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Cain on October 19, 2011, 04:09:15 PM
The least corrupt political system in the world is in Singapore.  You know why?  On the one hand, Singaporese politicians are the highest paid on the planet.  And on the other hand, if they get caught on the take...well, barred from politics from life, plus hefty jail-time, plus a large fine is a mighty decent deterrent.

They have no incentive to take bribes, and every incentive to avoid being caught doing so.  This works remarkably well.

This is why Ideas like congress not empowered to get a pay rise are bad.

Yesterday we were discussing our education budget with the union and The comment was made that you need high quality pay for high quality teaching. Then everyone started complaining about politician pay rises. I understand why, but I would think it clear that the same applies.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Juana

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on October 19, 2011, 10:03:35 PM
The Tea Party is now warning people that the Occupy movement is racist.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tea-party-nation-accuses-occupy-wall-street-nazi-ties

QuoteOWS claims to be a leaderless movement, yet no one involved with the movement is willing to denounce the Nazis or the Communists. Contrast that to the Tea Party movement, which went overboard to make sure no one involved with the Tea Party movement was a racist or a Nazi.

OWS seems to have no problem with Nazis or the Communists. OWS supports forms of totalitarianism that directly killed about 250 million people in the last century and enslaved billions in poverty and tyranny.

The OWS movement, contrary to the media myth that is being spun, is not just a spontaneous uprising, but rather a well-planned event. It is not simply a group of dissatisfied Americans seeking redress of their grievances. It is a well thought out plan by far left wing groups.
Oh yeah, they've been doing that for a couple weeks. Mostly accusing them of antisemitism, entirely based on one guy's comments iirc.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."