Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: Risus on November 09, 2011, 07:02:39 AM
http://gawker.com/5857715/pressured-to-name-leader-occupy-denver-elects-dog

QuoteDenver Mayor Michael Hancock insisted that his city's occupation name a leader in order "to deal with City and State officials." And he got his wish! Occupy Denver has elected Shelby, a border collie, as its leader. Long live Shelby!

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/11/occupy_denver_leader_dog.php

QuoteDespite the new political burden, Shelby remains unfazed: She sprung into action immediately, earning a joke from one occupier that this puts her ahead of most elected officials. Although she spent much of her first night in office celebrating (read: napping), it's unclear if the news has successfully hit home. "Are you the new leader?" Peter John Jentsch quizzed her in a voice usually reserved for children. "Are you, girl? Are you?"
Cutest elected official ever!

:lulz: I have some family members to quiz about this...
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

maphdet

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 08, 2011, 01:38:31 PM
Huntington Bank has also dropped all debit card fees, I'd love to find another bank for my money, but I can't open an account here until I get my residence permit.

Maybe you 'worship' in a specific zip code.

:lulz:

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 12, 2011, 04:42:46 AM
www.portlandonline.com/police/pbnotify.cfm?action=ViewContent&content_id=2592

Really boards with nails?

HAMMER TIME!

I'm going to be there to documenting the shut down with some homies, so if I'm not posting like a bat out of hell early Sunday morning I probably got my footage confiscated and thrown in jail.

If anyone has suggestions, experience or Oregon-specific legal information about recording such confrontations, please supplement my research. I can't afford to see my lawyer about this. As far as I've gathered, there's some good precedence for my rights to record, but it still seems like it could go either way.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

the last yatto

So far only oakland has fucked with the media/citizen journalist.

I've been wanting to dress up like gonzo and visit tacoma
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 12, 2011, 05:56:13 AM

Oakland protesters are on their way to Portland though, according to the word on the street as well as that police news release.

Last time Oakland came to Portland the cops threatened a building owner with bullshit charges and shut a gallery down. Because Oakland graffiti art belongs on the street, not a gallery!

Even the perception of Oakland protesters being there in significant numbers is enough for Portland police to shit cinder blocks on people's heads.

I think it's safe to say we're going to see a shitstorm and my recording of it is not going to be welcome.

This is probably why our mayor sounded like he was going to cry halfway through the announcement.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Laughin Jude

I'm resting up tonight, but I'll be down there tomorrow too.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

East Coast Hustle

Dammit, I don't get in until late Sunday night. I'll definitely be down there on monday though, if there's anything left ot be down there for.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

rong

are any news channels providing decent coverage of the occupy stuff?

i only get PBS on my antenna but would like to be able to go somewhere to watch shit unfold on TV.

or is the media still ignoring this stuff?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Agent Buttchug on November 12, 2011, 06:28:25 AM
Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 12, 2011, 05:56:13 AM

Oakland protesters are on their way to Portland though, according to the word on the street as well as that police news release.

Last time Oakland came to Portland the cops threatened a building owner with bullshit charges and shut a gallery down. Because Oakland graffiti art belongs on the street, not a gallery!

Even the perception of Oakland protesters being there in significant numbers is enough for Portland police to shit cinder blocks on people's heads.

I think it's safe to say we're going to see a shitstorm and my recording of it is not going to be welcome.

This is probably why our mayor sounded like he was going to cry halfway through the announcement.

The only thing keeping the Portland protests under control was that Adams decided to cooperate. Yes, the camp is a disgusting den of hippies and anarchists, but ousting them was a bad bad bad move. Glad I don't live downtown.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 12, 2011, 04:42:46 AM
www.portlandonline.com/police/pbnotify.cfm?action=ViewContent&content_id=2592

Really boards with nails?

The police claim that they are committed to it remaining peaceful pisses me off.  As if they intend to refrain from the use of violent force if the protesters refuse to disperse.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

the last yatto

Guess we will see whose X and whose MLK..

Quote from: Laughin Jude on November 12, 2011, 07:37:13 AM
I'm resting up tonight, but I'll be down there tomorrow too.

Considering.. pdx has a major event, n17, up its sleeve
its best move would be to suddenly vanish to the countryside and come back in full force five days later
Tho that would only work with secure comms, or huge numbers... which reminds me seattle took a building last night, need to read up on it

Ps I got interviewed tinyurl.com/occupyfnord

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Nice!

So, what I want to know is... why are we not Occupying our legislature buildings?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The legislator's office would be a better place to leave the anarchists.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2011, 06:48:26 PM
The legislator's office would be a better place to leave the anarchists.

:potd: