News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

You just knew Moore was going to stick his oar in.  Ask yourself this...when was the last time Moore was involved in a successful political campaign or protest group?

You really wanna follow his advice?

Dysfunctional Cunt

He is a complete douchebag, and you're right Cain, his involvement will hurt the OWS movement more than anything.

Where are all the bleeding heart celebrities who come out of the woodwork for other stuff, do they not realize that the 99% is 99% of their fans?

Same with politicians, where are their brains on this?  Why has not one of them gotten the ah-hahs yet?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Get that fat fuck out of my fucking people's movement.

I hate that asshole.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, I'm not sorry at all. I would like to kick that shitlicker in the face with dirty boots.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Khara on November 23, 2011, 07:38:30 PM
He is a complete douchebag, and you're right Cain, his involvement will hurt the OWS movement more than anything.

Where are all the bleeding heart celebrities who come out of the woodwork for other stuff, do they not realize that the 99% is 99% of their fans?

Same with politicians, where are their brains on this?  Why has not one of them gotten the ah-hahs yet?

Buddy Roemer has been a big supporter of Occupy so far.  Moreso than some other politicians who have said "I understand what these people are saying" and not much more.  he's shown up at Occupy DC and has been talking about the movement quite a lot.  he's running for president as a Republican and was previously governor of Louisiana, he doesn't look like he has much of a chance for the presidential bid though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cain

I think I fell asleep halfway through Michael Moore's snorefest social-democratic manifesto of fail.

This is what the Occupy message should be

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 23, 2011, 07:44:44 PM

Buddy Roemer has been a big supporter of Occupy so far.  Moreso than some other politicians who have said "I understand what these people are saying" and not much more.  he's shown up at Occupy DC and has been talking about the movement quite a lot.  he's running for president as a Republican and was previously governor of Louisiana, he doesn't look like he has much of a chance for the presidential bid though.

Your avatar makes me laugh, mostly because it isn't funny.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2011, 07:46:00 PM

looks less like a dildo than the punching bag at least.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 23, 2011, 07:48:53 PM

I'm gonna have to argue that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 23, 2011, 07:48:53 PM

Jesus fucking hell I am ready to pledge.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cain on November 23, 2011, 07:22:30 PM
You just knew Moore was going to stick his oar in.  Ask yourself this...when was the last time Moore was involved in a successful political campaign or protest group?

You really wanna follow his advice?

I was wracking my brains to think of recent protests in the united states that were successful by some standard, and I couldn't think of any. I'm wondering what the success rate is for nonviolent protests, and if anybody has done a proper analysis of what tactics were used &c.

Gut feeling is that the Situationist techniques stopped working as intended sometime prior to 1970 and nobody took notice.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

In the US, there aren't many, and for that I directly blame Literary Theory majors and the likes of Michael Moore and their ultimately spineless social democratic wonk-fests.

However, if you look around the rest of the planet, you can find a few examples.  I understand some of the Tahrir Square organisers have held talks with the former Zucotti Park occupiers, though the overall level of influence remains to be seen (and, indeed, the Egyptian revolution still remains in doubt and fragile).

Triple Zero

On the news yesterday I saw some Egyptian man "on the street" complain about how all this revolution was hurting their tourism income because significantly less people came there (it's a popular sunny Christmas destination), "but don't you want freedom?", "yes yes we want freedom, but not all at once, take it easy" ... he was sort of arguing for a slower democratic process instead of all this revolution and violence.

this guy however appeared to be your typical tourist salesman, the type I've seen in Turkey where you get street upon street of similar small shops selling fake-brand clothes and trinkets where tourists are supposed to bleed money. I suspect he must have been doing reasonably well under the old regime and "well yeah I suppose what they're doing is bad and it should stop but not if it's hurting my business".
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 25, 2011, 10:46:12 AM
On the news yesterday I saw some Egyptian man "on the street" complain about how all this revolution was hurting their tourism income because significantly less people came there (it's a popular sunny Christmas destination), "but don't you want freedom?", "yes yes we want freedom, but not all at once, take it easy" ... he was sort of arguing for a slower democratic process instead of all this revolution and violence.

this guy however appeared to be your typical tourist salesman, the type I've seen in Turkey where you get street upon street of similar small shops selling fake-brand clothes and trinkets where tourists are supposed to bleed money. I suspect he must have been doing reasonably well under the old regime and "well yeah I suppose what they're doing is bad and it should stop but not if it's hurting my business".

That's very similar to the "UnOccupy" people in Portland that don't want to be inconvenienced in the slightest by the protests.

Only it's, "Well yeah, I suppose Wall Street is bad and it should stop but not if I it makes me late to work."

That said, the cream of Occupy Seattle's crop and the organizers of this townhall have done some significant damage:
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/their-own-worst-enemies/Content?oid=10727278

Why wouldn't people acting like children just get thrown the fuck out? I don't understand. Oh, and speaking of overgrown children:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-we-ruined-occupy-wall-street-generation/
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A