News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Dude, we're a music label?? Where's all our money?! :lol:

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote...most notable for having maintained a strict do-it-yourself ethic, producing all of its albums by itself and selling them at discount prices without the help of major distributors

Dude...we don't have any major distributors.
We should sell out for sure.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

minuspace

I do like the nytimes article mirroring occupy criminal court re: d.o.s. Attack on trial capacity vs. De facto plea bargaining (Sunday times?)

Pope Hobohemian

OK, so hmmm.... not so much the type of response I was hoping for.  Not that I expect discordians (sic?) to be serious all the time.  But I wasn't expecting to be called an asshole because I want to use the Occupy movement as a way of spreading culture jamming.  And making fun of my spelling is kind of ridiculous.  Just the type of thing I'd expect from any random forum of internet geeks, whereas I was kinda hoping that this group would be different.  Oh well. 

I actually was a huge Fugazi fan when I was a kid, around the same time I read Illuminatus and got into that stuff.  So that's probably why I spell it "dischordian."  I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of people devoted to the sacred chao would get their panties in a bunch over how somebody spells it.  From now on maybe I should just spell it randomly differently every time just to annoy you.  And to delight any true dischordians who might be watching the carnage.

I'm particularly annoyed at the poster who tried to tell me that I was going to bring violence from the police.  Fuck you.  No really.  Maybe you don't know the difference between Occupy Oakland and any other random liberal Occupy group who sit around mentally masturbating and carrying signs all day.  Well, instead of taking the chance to learn, you lectured at me like I'm a child. 

Is that how it is here?  Every new poster is just an excuse for the "regulars" to have a few laughs?  I hate that shit.  I'm not going to waste my time here if this is just a circle jerk for malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks.           

The world is a toll-free toilet -- Our mouths neurological assholes
And psychologically speaking We're in a state of mental diarrhea
Talking shit a mile a minute
Or in a state of constipated notions; Can't think of nothin' but shit
And in this world of Stinky futures, shitty memories and Constipated 19 now-nows
Emerges from the hiney of your head
The doo doo chasers, The Promentalshitbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
The prune juice of the mind
And what causes all of this shit?
What is the source of food for thought?
Ego-munchies!

Cain

Well, it seems you've already made your mind up about this place (and based on so few interactions!) so feel free to hop along.

We've already fufilled our quota of butthurt noobs with a chip on their shoulder for this month, thanks.

Don Coyote

Wow, already got some  :butthurt:

Freeky

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 16, 2012, 11:11:56 PM
OK, so hmmm.... not so much the type of response I was hoping for.  Not that I expect discordians (sic?) to be serious all the time.  But I wasn't expecting to be called an asshole because I want to use the Occupy movement as a way of spreading culture jamming.  And making fun of my spelling is kind of ridiculous.  Just the type of thing I'd expect from any random forum of internet geeks, whereas I was kinda hoping that this group would be different.  Oh well. 

I actually was a huge Fugazi fan when I was a kid, around the same time I read Illuminatus and got into that stuff.  So that's probably why I spell it "dischordian."  I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of people devoted to the sacred chao would get their panties in a bunch over how somebody spells it.  From now on maybe I should just spell it randomly differently every time just to annoy you.  And to delight any true dischordians who might be watching the carnage.

I'm particularly annoyed at the poster who tried to tell me that I was going to bring violence from the police.  Fuck you.  No really.  Maybe you don't know the difference between Occupy Oakland and any other random liberal Occupy group who sit around mentally masturbating and carrying signs all day.  Well, instead of taking the chance to learn, you lectured at me like I'm a child. 

Is that how it is here?  Every new poster is just an excuse for the "regulars" to have a few laughs?  I hate that shit.  I'm not going to waste my time here if this is just a circle jerk for malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks.           

Wow.  :lulz:  From 0 to "YOU AREN'T REALLY DISCORDIANS!" in two posts.  Is that a record?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 14, 2012, 10:39:10 PM
I don't really know what is happening at all these other "occupy" groups, but I can tell you that in Oakland we have not backed down and we have not co-operated with the city or the paramilitary police in the OPD.

You don't really know, but you're willing to call them mental masturbators who carry signs all day and even put quotes around the word Occupy.

:troll:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

minuspace

Really?  Occupy as a d.d.o.s.a on the political economy of incarceration does not ring any fucking bells? :argh!:
[added]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 14, 2012, 10:39:10 PMI'm soliciting advice and/or warnings from the group.

Sounds like you weren't really soliciting advice or warnings, but simply looking for applause.

Here ya go:
:retard:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 16, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

Wow, I think this post captured every single butthurt noob complaint about PD in one magnificent pile. I am a particular fan of the last line about "malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks". Man, that was funny the first 20 times I heard it, and I'll be jiggered if it ain't funny this time.  :lulz:

In all seriousness, however, if you decide to spread culture jamming via Occupy, there is a very real chance that something involved in O:MF which is labelled as vandalism gets thrown back to Occupy, which, in turn, causes police intervention to a greater degree. <= This is advice/warning.

To be fair, why would you want to fuck with the Occupy people is a valid question, considering a "magnification in traditional religious language" is incredibly vague, and honestly, not worth inciting violence over. So, following this train of thought... you might need to be lectured like a twelve year old.

Just sayin'.

Juana

:lulz: Some truely impressive butthurt right thar. Also, PHobohemia, I'd listen to Phoxxy. She's right.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Da6s

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 17, 2012, 03:49:19 AM

Wow.  :lulz:  From 0 to "YOU AREN'T REALLY DISCORDIANS!" in two posts.  Is that a record?

It's happened in introduction posts before. Really reals and what not.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Telarus

Based on the first 3 people to respond no less.

Peoples really need to keep the Law of Fives in mind. For realness.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Freeky

It boggles my mind that because we were :meh: to his culture jamming idea of Occupiers, we are serious all the time.