News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

First impressions are EVERYTHING.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Juana

Anybody pay attention to the six month anniversary rally in Zucotti park? It got pretty ugly.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 16, 2012, 11:11:56 PM
OK, so hmmm.... not so much the type of response I was hoping for.  Not that I expect discordians (sic?) to be serious all the time.  But I wasn't expecting to be called an asshole because I want to use the Occupy movement as a way of spreading culture jamming.  And making fun of my spelling is kind of ridiculous.  Just the type of thing I'd expect from any random forum of internet geeks, whereas I was kinda hoping that this group would be different.  Oh well. 

I actually was a huge Fugazi fan when I was a kid, around the same time I read Illuminatus and got into that stuff.  So that's probably why I spell it "dischordian."  I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of people devoted to the sacred chao would get their panties in a bunch over how somebody spells it.  From now on maybe I should just spell it randomly differently every time just to annoy you.  And to delight any true dischordians who might be watching the carnage.

I'm particularly annoyed at the poster who tried to tell me that I was going to bring violence from the police.  Fuck you.  No really.  Maybe you don't know the difference between Occupy Oakland and any other random liberal Occupy group who sit around mentally masturbating and carrying signs all day.  Well, instead of taking the chance to learn, you lectured at me like I'm a child. 

Is that how it is here?  Every new poster is just an excuse for the "regulars" to have a few laughs?  I hate that shit.  I'm not going to waste my time here if this is just a circle jerk for malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks.           

We're actually a hive mind.  We all believe exactly the same thing, no matter what.

In other words, fuck you and your broad brush.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And to delight any true dischordians who might be watching the carnage.

And maybe even the REALLY REAL DISCORDIANS FOR REALNESS.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 19, 2012, 09:09:50 PM
Anybody pay attention to the six month anniversary rally in Zucotti park? It got pretty ugly.

Not really.  What happened?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

discordians (sic?)

This just keeps getting better.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Juana

NYPD was nasty. A medic's head was slammed into reinforced glass hard enough it cracked the glass and he was also punched in the face afterward, several other protestors got put in the hospital (including one woman who started seizing while cuffed, whose ribs they also broke), and there were evidently a number of others who were otherwise bleeding and injured being carted off.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Yeah, it was pretty brutal.

Thing is, this is going to go bad for the NYPD, in the long-run.  Anarchist groups have been networking with the Greek anti-austerity protestors, and those guys know how to get a party started.  They've been running mini-seminars on how to set up barricades, stall a police charge, disperse into a crowd and so on, and then getting practical experience of it.

Should the Occupy movement feel it needs to defend itself, it'll be looking to these people in lessons as to how.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 19, 2012, 09:42:16 PM
NYPD was nasty. A medic's head was slammed into reinforced glass hard enough it cracked the glass and he was also punched in the face afterward, several other protestors got put in the hospital (including one woman who started seizing while cuffed, whose ribs they also broke), and there were evidently a number of others who were otherwise bleeding and injured being carted off.

Jesus.  NYC has changed, and not for the better.
Molon Lube

Juana

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Pope Hobohemian

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 17, 2012, 05:18:43 PM
OK, so hmmm.... not so much the type of response I was hoping for.  Not that I expect discordians (sic?) to be serious all the time.  But I wasn't expecting to be called an asshole because I want to use the Occupy movement as a way of spreading culture jamming.  And making fun of my spelling is kind of ridiculous.  Just the type of thing I'd expect from any random forum of internet geeks, whereas I was kinda hoping that this group would be different.  Oh well. 

I actually was a huge Fugazi fan when I was a kid, around the same time I read Illuminatus and got into that stuff.  So that's probably why I spell it "dischordian."  I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of people devoted to the sacred chao would get their panties in a bunch over how somebody spells it.  From now on maybe I should just spell it randomly differently every time just to annoy you.  And to delight any true dischordians who might be watching the carnage.

I'm particularly annoyed at the poster who tried to tell me that I was going to bring violence from the police.  Fuck you.  No really.  Maybe you don't know the difference between Occupy Oakland and any other random liberal Occupy group who sit around mentally masturbating and carrying signs all day.  Well, instead of taking the chance to learn, you lectured at me like I'm a child. 

Is that how it is here?  Every new poster is just an excuse for the "regulars" to have a few laughs?  I hate that shit.  I'm not going to waste my time here if this is just a circle jerk for malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks.           
Wow, I think this post captured every single butthurt noob complaint about PD in one magnificent pile. I am a particular fan of the last line about "malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks". Man, that was funny the first 20 times I heard it, and I'll be jiggered if it ain't funny this time.  :lulz:

In all seriousness, however, if you decide to spread culture jamming via Occupy, there is a very real chance that something involved in O:MF which is labelled as vandalism gets thrown back to Occupy, which, in turn, causes police intervention to a greater degree. <= This is advice/warning.

To be fair, why would you want to fuck with the Occupy people is a valid question, considering a "magnification in traditional religious language" is incredibly vague, and honestly, not worth inciting violence over. So, following this train of thought... you might need to be lectured like a twelve year old.

Just sayin'.

OK, thank you for a genuine response finally.  No, I do not want to fuck with the Occupy people.  I don't know how anybody can think that.  I guess it's just that I look on Occupy as a physical manifestation of KLF.  I don't see it as something external to Occupy.  There has already been a lot of culture jamming going on.  It should get more intense just like everything else should get more intense.  The media is always going to label something as vandalism, and they push a dialectic where the vandalism = violence and that somehow justifies a violent response.  That's actually what we have already experienced at Oakland, not something that I would try to bring here.  What I would like is that if the "vandalism" was more along the lines of creative culture-jam ideas and less of the random stuff, I think it would actually make our case against the police a lot stronger in the long run as well as serve more usefully to spread our counter-propaganda. 
The world is a toll-free toilet -- Our mouths neurological assholes
And psychologically speaking We're in a state of mental diarrhea
Talking shit a mile a minute
Or in a state of constipated notions; Can't think of nothin' but shit
And in this world of Stinky futures, shitty memories and Constipated 19 now-nows
Emerges from the hiney of your head
The doo doo chasers, The Promentalshitbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
The prune juice of the mind
And what causes all of this shit?
What is the source of food for thought?
Ego-munchies!

Pope Hobohemian

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 19, 2012, 09:09:50 PM

We did 2 solidarity marches in Oakland.  On Sunday we surprised the OPD and managed to get right next to their main police station, so we had a dance party there until they showed up in their cute riot suits. 
The world is a toll-free toilet -- Our mouths neurological assholes
And psychologically speaking We're in a state of mental diarrhea
Talking shit a mile a minute
Or in a state of constipated notions; Can't think of nothin' but shit
And in this world of Stinky futures, shitty memories and Constipated 19 now-nows
Emerges from the hiney of your head
The doo doo chasers, The Promentalshitbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
The prune juice of the mind
And what causes all of this shit?
What is the source of food for thought?
Ego-munchies!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 20, 2012, 11:22:54 PM
Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 17, 2012, 05:18:43 PM

Wow, I think this post captured every single butthurt noob complaint about PD in one magnificent pile. I am a particular fan of the last line about "malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks". Man, that was funny the first 20 times I heard it, and I'll be jiggered if it ain't funny this time.  :lulz:

In all seriousness, however, if you decide to spread culture jamming via Occupy, there is a very real chance that something involved in O:MF which is labelled as vandalism gets thrown back to Occupy, which, in turn, causes police intervention to a greater degree. <= This is advice/warning.

To be fair, why would you want to fuck with the Occupy people is a valid question, considering a "magnification in traditional religious language" is incredibly vague, and honestly, not worth inciting violence over. So, following this train of thought... you might need to be lectured like a twelve year old.

Just sayin'.

OK, thank you for a genuine response finally.  No, I do not want to fuck with the Occupy people.  I don't know how anybody can think that.  I guess it's just that I look on Occupy as a physical manifestation of KLF.  I don't see it as something external to Occupy.  There has already been a lot of culture jamming going on.  It should get more intense just like everything else should get more intense.  The media is always going to label something as vandalism, and they push a dialectic where the vandalism = violence and that somehow justifies a violent response.  That's actually what we have already experienced at Oakland, not something that I would try to bring here.  What I would like is that if the "vandalism" was more along the lines of creative culture-jam ideas and less of the random stuff, I think it would actually make our case against the police a lot stronger in the long run as well as serve more usefully to spread our counter-propaganda.

See, I may not be a "True Dischordian", so my opinion may not carry much weight, but it seems to me that I'm not - as a fake discordian - inclined to side with either the police OR Occupy.

Though I gotta say, their "general assemblies" have been nothing short of hilarious.  It's primate politics at its finest.
Molon Lube

Oysters Rockefeller

Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!