News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on March 21, 2012, 04:38:01 PM
QuoteIt should get more intense just like everything else should get more intense.
There are things that should not get more intense. I suspect that a thing that currently involves newsmaking quantities of police brutality has a good argument for being intense enough as-is. Those who believe differently are welcome to volunteer their heads to be bashed in. One of the reasons I'm not in a tent city right now is that I value my head, and would like to keep it intact.

Jesus.  Enki just said something that's both UNDERSTANDABLE and COMMON FUCKING SENSE!

KNOW YE WELL THE SIGNS OF THE END TIMES!

But seriously, Enki here is riding the correct motorcycle.  Some things should NOT be more intense.  Hemmeroids, for example, are best when they are NOT intense.  Police beatings, as he points out, are best when half-hearted.  Hangovers are another example.
Molon Lube

Pope Hobohemian

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 20, 2012, 11:25:52 PM
Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 20, 2012, 11:22:54 PM
Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 17, 2012, 05:18:43 PM
Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 16, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

See, I may not be a "True Dischordian", so my opinion may not carry much weight, but it seems to me that I'm not - as a fake discordian - inclined to side with either the police OR Occupy.

Though I gotta say, their "general assemblies" have been nothing short of hilarious.  It's primate politics at its finest.

Yeah, I certainly don't want to replace our government with direct democracy.  People are too apathetic.  Even among occupy folks, most don't pay attention to the GA anymore.

But if you are a real discordian, and you don't see any reason to oppose the police, who are the physical manifestation of authority and male hierarchy here in America, I don't know what else to say
The world is a toll-free toilet -- Our mouths neurological assholes
And psychologically speaking We're in a state of mental diarrhea
Talking shit a mile a minute
Or in a state of constipated notions; Can't think of nothin' but shit
And in this world of Stinky futures, shitty memories and Constipated 19 now-nows
Emerges from the hiney of your head
The doo doo chasers, The Promentalshitbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
The prune juice of the mind
And what causes all of this shit?
What is the source of food for thought?
Ego-munchies!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Also, lies.

Enrico is the physical manifestation of male authority in America.

Cain

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 21, 2012, 11:09:58 PM
Have you *read* the last couple pages of this thread? Start here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,30415.1155/msg,1157740.html

What you fail to understand is that Pope Hobohemian here is a "really real Discordian" and he's here to show us the WAY and the LIGHT!

Actually paying attention to what people are saying might undermine that whole project.

Phox

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 21, 2012, 10:43:17 PM
Yeah, I certainly don't want to replace our government with direct democracy.  People are too apathetic.  Even among occupy folks, most don't pay attention to the GA anymore.

But if you are a real discordian, and you don't see any reason to oppose the police, who are the physical manifestation of authority and male hierarchy here in America, I don't know what else to say
Wait, what?

Are you trying to say that it is our Erisian duty to be adamantly opposed to the police, whether or not it actually serves a purpose?  :lulz:

Freeky

You're looking at this all wrong.  The police aren't actually the manifestation of authority, they just enforce the authority's rules.  that's all they are, man, enforcers.   

Doktor Howl

1.  Direct democracy does not and never has worked.  It is an abomination.

2.  I think you have me confused with an "anarchist", which is an entirely different thing from a Discordian.  Being a good little Erisian, I do not make any distinction between order & disorder.  Both are part of chaos, and both have their place.   Right now, there's order for everybody, because the public has grown too gutless to be free.  All the occupy movement hilarity in the world won't help, because the problem isn't in the government or the corporations, the problem is in our heads.

ETA:  And what the fuck do I care if the heirarchy is male or female? 
Molon Lube

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 22, 2012, 12:19:19 AM

You're looking at this all wrong.  The police aren't actually the manifestation of authority, they just enforce the authority's rules.  that's all they are, man, enforcers.

That's a really good point. You can fuck with every last cop in the world, but even if some of them drop out, more are just going to show up. You gotta go in all sorts of other directions (inwards is the big one) to actually undermine authority in a legitimately helpful way. Or, that's just one man's opinion on the matter.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 22, 2012, 01:47:36 AM

2.  I think you have me confused with an "anarchist", which is an entirely different thing from a Discordian.  Being a good little Erisian, I do not make any distinction between order & disorder.  Both are part of chaos, and both have their place.   Right now, there's order for everybody, because the public has grown too gutless to be free.  All the occupy movement hilarity in the world won't help, because the problem isn't in the government or the corporations, the problem is in our heads.

If the hierarchy were less male, there might not be as much VAJAJAYS ARE SCARRY! screed, and women peoples might not have such a hard time getting shit they need. 

Phox

But then wouldn't there b a ban on phallusususes, prostate exams, and mandatory vasectomies?

:aaa:

Phox,
Thinking we need a female hierarchy now...

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 22, 2012, 04:45:08 AM
But then wouldn't there b a ban on phallusususes, prostate exams, and mandatory vasectomies?

:aaa:

Phox,
Thinking we need a female hierarchy now...

It wouldn't help.
They'd make sure it was Michelle Bachmann, Taylor Swift, Newt Gingrich's android wife and the entire cast of The View.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on March 21, 2012, 04:38:01 PM
Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 20, 2012, 11:22:54 PM
I guess it's just that I look on Occupy as a physical manifestation of KLF.  I don't see it as something external to Occupy.  There has already been a lot of culture jamming going on. 
Occupy does (in a roundabout way) have its genesis in Adbusters, which is itself a culture-jamming organization (albeit one with a very well-defined ideology and a very shiny expensive magazine). So, yes, Occupy is related to culture jamming, involves culture jamming, is physical, and some of the culture jamming is presumably internal to rather than external to Occupy (whatever that means).

QuoteIt should get more intense just like everything else should get more intense.
There are things that should not get more intense. I suspect that a thing that currently involves newsmaking quantities of police brutality has a good argument for being intense enough as-is. Those who believe differently are welcome to volunteer their heads to be bashed in. One of the reasons I'm not in a tent city right now is that I value my head, and would like to keep it intact.

QuoteThe media is always going to label something as vandalism, and they push a dialectic where the vandalism = violence and that somehow justifies a violent response.  That's actually what we have already experienced at Oakland, not something that I would try to bring here.
Fair enough. 'Vandalism' corresponds to a wide range of actual events, and many of them are not worthy of violent retribution. The use of projection rigs on public walls, for instance, doesn't even involve repair costs.

QuoteWhat I would like is that if the "vandalism" was more along the lines of creative culture-jam ideas and less of the random stuff, I think it would actually make our case against the police a lot stronger in the long run as well as serve more usefully to spread our counter-propaganda.
See the postergasm thread(s) for (perhaps better-worded) ideas along these lines. Keep in mind, also, that this place is distinguished primarily by everyone violently disagreeing about everything, and so we have our fair share of internal propaganda and counter-propaganda, and black propaganda, and counter-counter-counter-propaganda. Don't expect anyone to necessarily agree with whatever it is you would like to promote. Expect many people to disagree with large quantities of verbal abuse, peppered with ad hominem attacks.

Wow, talk about misinterpreting cause and effect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 22, 2012, 04:01:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 22, 2012, 01:47:36 AM

If the hierarchy were less male, there might not be as much VAJAJAYS ARE SCARRY! screed, and women peoples might not have such a hard time getting shit they need.

Given that half of these bills in Arizona, for example, are sponsored by women, I'm going to argue that it's not a gender thing at all, but a general authoritarian thing.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Tripped across an H.L. Mencken quote:

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely,
one who likes his country more than the rest of us and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us
when he sees it debauched.  He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.
- H. L. Mencken
Molon Lube