News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Steve Jobs is dead! A sad day for hipster douchebags everywhere!

Started by Prelate Diogenes Shandor, October 06, 2011, 03:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingyak

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Doktor Howl

Quote from: kingyak on October 07, 2011, 07:36:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about something like this:

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

The above is probably all true.

But this reminds me too much of the media in the last 6 months of Bush's presidency...When it was safe to talk smack, all the worms came out of the woodwork.  Where were these people when Bush and Jobs were at the height of their power?

Oh, yeah.  Kissing their asses.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2011, 07:40:03 PM
Quote from: kingyak on October 07, 2011, 07:36:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about something like this:

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

The above is probably all true.

But this reminds me too much of the media in the last 6 months of Bush's presidency...When it was safe to talk smack, all the worms came out of the woodwork.  Where were these people when Bush and Jobs were at the height of their power?

Oh, yeah.  Kissing their asses.

This.

Fucking cowards.

"Now that he's dead I'll say what I really think!"

Fuck 'em.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Epimetheus

Wait so, is it OK to call him a bad man or not?

If so, is it OK to be glad of the death of a bad man or not?

These are not things I'm interested in doing. I'm just confused.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He was worse than Hitler, because he was co-founder and CEO of a company that made products that many people felt were overpriced and placed form over function. We should dance on his grave while playing vuvuzelas.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 07, 2011, 08:33:40 PM
He was worse than Hitler, because he was co-founder and CEO of a company that made products that many people felt were overpriced and placed form over function. We should dance on his grave while playing vuvuzelas.

He outsourced to China, which is absolutely unheard of and against the business practices of all major corporations in America.

I want to dig him up and shit in his rotting chest.

There.  Am I doing it right?
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

I know this is just awful but I have to admit it to someone.  I loved my Mac.  It was one of the first ones they produced and my parents got it for me when I started college.  The mouse was a "new" invention then and in comparison to doing everything in DOS, this was the easiest and most amazing computer I had ever used.

There I feel better.   :oops:

BadBeast

Yeah. If you've got something against someone, whether justified or not, it's a bit crass to say it before the body is even cold.
Unless of course, it's a joke. Jokes are never "not allowed". But right on top of the actual death, they'd better be bloody funny ones, because grief hasn't got much of a  sense of humour.

ETA: Depending on the person, that is. And what they did. I expect I shall be dancing down the street, singing "Ding dong the Witch is dead" the moment I hear of Margaret Thatchers demise. And I bet I won't be the only one. Expect Street Parties, from coast to coast, on a Jubilee scale. Then shortly afterwards, a huge "Let's dig her up and put her head on a pikestaff" Party, Oliver Cromwell style.  I'm think I'm going to start work on a truly fitting obituary, and blackmail that stupid Hippy we've got for an Archbishop of Canterbury, into reading it for her funeral.  :evil:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've always thought the whole "platform wars" thing was the most retarded of all monkey-territory to get all "ook ook" about. I've used DOS, Linux, Mac, Amiga, and Windows, and seriously, who the fuck gives a rabid half-shit. There's actual bad stuff happening in the world, most of which are inhuman atrocities people are doing to other people over things just as mind-bogglingly irrelevant as who wrote their software.

kingyak

If you click the links in the article above, you'll see that many of them are criticisms of Jobs/Apple written by the author of the piece (Ryan Tate) when Jobs was very much alive. That seems to eliminate the "fair weather ass-kisser" and "coward" arguments for why the article should not have been written.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 07, 2011, 09:25:46 PM
I've always thought the whole "platform wars" thing was the most retarded of all monkey-territory to get all "ook ook" about. I've used DOS, Linux, Mac, Amiga, and Windows, and seriously, who the fuck gives a rabid half-shit. There's actual bad stuff happening in the world, most of which are inhuman atrocities people are doing to other people over things just as mind-bogglingly irrelevant as who wrote their software.

I still like to razz Linux users, though.   :)
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

I would cry if I had to go back to an all DOS system.  The operating system we use at work is DOS and it drives me batshit.

Cain

Rule of Thumb: its alright to say bad stuff about someone after they die, so long as it's funny.

OP: green with jealousy, not funny.

Jobs/Hipster/Underground pic = hilarious

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: kingyak on October 07, 2011, 09:27:04 PM
If you click the links in the article above, you'll see that many of them are criticisms of Jobs/Apple written by the author of the piece (Ryan Tate) when Jobs was very much alive. That seems to eliminate the "fair weather ass-kisser" and "coward" arguments for why the article should not have been written.

And obviously, right after his death is the most relevant time to trot it out, because the author might be able to leech a bit of media attention.

The Rev

Quote from: Nigel on October 07, 2011, 09:49:19 PM
Quote from: kingyak on October 07, 2011, 09:27:04 PM

And obviously, right after his death is the most relevant time to trot it out, because the author might be able to leech a bit of media attention.

TIT

I was going to do TITCM, but somehow got all distracted.