News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Real men masturbate on a weekly basis

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, October 26, 2011, 10:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241?dopt=Abstract

:(:1fap:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Net on October 26, 2011, 10:15:32 PM
The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

More frequently than that is protective against prostate cancer

:fap: for your health!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 26, 2011, 11:42:00 PM

It's like one of Cram's Difficult Decision threads:

Do you want to be 145.7% more manly, have an increased risk of prostate cancer, and only wank once a month?

Or do you want to be 145.7% more wimpy, have a decreased risk of prostate cancer, and wank whenever you please?

Nephew Twiddleton

Manliness is overrated. I'm going to spank that shit and live longer.

Elder Iptuous

equating ejaculation with wanking?
145% UNmanly!!
:p

Quote from: Iptuous on October 27, 2011, 01:09:07 AM
equating ejaculation with wanking?
145% UNmanly!!
:p

Don't make me take your beard away.

Cramulus

Kai

Quote from: Net on October 27, 2011, 12:42:20 AM

Do you want to be 145.7% more manly, have an increased risk of prostate cancer, and only wank once a month?

Or do you want to be 145.7% more wimpy, have a decreased risk of prostate cancer, and wank whenever you please?

The other thing is, sharp fluctuations in testosterone is not necessarily the best health option over the long term. Or that's a hypothesis I would make, that stable testosterone levels are healthier.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cainad (dec.)

The longer lifespan associated with more ejaculating can be used to spend more years ejaculating. Positive feedback loop.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on October 27, 2011, 05:49:20 AM
The longer lifespan associated with more ejaculating can be used to spend more years ejaculating. Positive feedback loop.

I am fully on board with daily masturbation and/or sex with another person.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bunch of man-hating, ITT.

But seriously, I'm not sure what to make of that research. It's interesting, however I'm definitely not going to limit my sexual activity to such prolonged intervals.

I've done that before as an experiment in self-control and I just felt strange, and everything had a heightened sexual atmosphere. Yeah, it was kind of creepy.

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on October 27, 2011, 03:47:40 AM

The other thing is, sharp fluctuations in testosterone is not necessarily the best health option over the long term. Or that's a hypothesis I would make, that stable testosterone levels are healthier.

I bet you're right.

The sudden jump in testosterone seems like a kind of emergency mode that might be instigated by social isolation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on October 27, 2011, 07:22:11 AM

But seriously, I'm not sure what to make of that research. It's interesting, however I'm definitely not going to limit my sexual activity to such prolonged intervals.

I've done that before as an experiment in self-control and I just felt strange, and everything had a heightened sexual atmosphere. Yeah, it was kind of creepy.

I bet you're right.

The sudden jump in testosterone seems like a kind of emergency mode that might be instigated by social isolation.

I think, likely, this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Quote from: Nigel on October 27, 2011, 07:42:56 AM

I bet you're right.

I think, likely, this.

Elevated testosterone levels in men tend to allow them to express more engaging and aggressive social interaction when interacting with women (and not just anyone, oddly enough). I read a study about paired men playing a competitive 'game' (the 'front') to boost their testosterone levels in the short term, and then they were blindly paired with a man or woman for a short interview (the actual experimental data). Interesting results.

Reich also had a thing about regular discharge of "orgone".......

Oh, and the insistence that gays not be allowed in the military........

:fnord:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

IS THIS THE END OF THE JIZZ PARADE???

:buttsecks::bsex: :bsex: :penis::bsex: :bsex: :bsex: :penis: :penis: :buttsecks: :bsex: :bsex:  :bsex:  :penis: :sadbanana: :bsex: :sadbanana:    :sadbanana:      :sadbanana:             :sadbanana:          :madbanana:

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah, I've found that a couple days of total abstinence leads to weird dreams and a vague, locationless physical discomfort.