News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Your NaNoWriMo

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 02, 2011, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NOBODY FUCKING CARES STOP IT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Seriously, though. Nobody gives a flying fuck, it was a novelty the first year. Nothing personal; it's not like EVERYFUCKINGBODY DOESN'T DO IT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 09:59:59 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Seriously, though. Nobody gives a flying fuck, it was a novelty the first year. Nothing personal; it's not like EVERYFUCKINGBODY DOESN'T DO IT.

Some people, through no fault of their own, have no business on a stripper pole.  Some people should not sing in public.  Some people should probably not consider poetry as a profession.

And not everyone should write.  I'm not talking about anyone on this board, but it pains me to think of the next generation of Anne Rices and L Ron Hubbards that might be encouraged by this sort of shit.  For real.

Richter

Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 04:31:22 PM

AGREED.  Shit makes me write less because I feel like I OUGHT to. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

I guess I wont bother about sharing mine either, then.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on November 02, 2011, 10:11:16 PM

Nah, one thread was an outrageous eyesore and couldn't be ignored.

A second one might crash the boards and give us aneurysms.   :lol:

ETA TITLE CHANGE
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

I like reading your writing period.

There's no need for this nanowrimowhatever.  You post good shit every month.

Richter has the right of it.  It turns something fun into a chore.  IMO, of course.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter on November 02, 2011, 10:09:47 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 04:31:22 PM

AGREED.  Shit makes me write less because I feel like I OUGHT to. 

Seriously. Triggers my oppositional defiant disorder.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 02, 2011, 10:12:25 PM

Nah, one thread was an outrageous eyesore and couldn't be ignored.

A second one might crash the boards and give us aneurysms.   :lol:

Is there already a thread? I was hoping to get in before anyone did that.

Seriously, EVERY FUCKING YEAR FOR THE LAST TWELVE YEARS in November, every fucking board on the internet has been littered with people's forced writing. Even people who are normally EXCELLENT writers end up churning out painfully shackled prose under NaNoWriMo duress. While I understand the value of pushing yourself to write, I am far less enthusiastic about making sure everyone else views the hogtied-and-painfully-beaten results of this exercise.

Seriously, do YOU want to read a book that was written in 30 days with no forethought or editing? I'm sure you're proud, and good for you for churning out hundreds of pages of words.

Hundreds of pages of words.

Yeah.

Eater of Clowns

No, Nigel, there's ONE NaNoWriMo thread.  One.  It's Dingo's.  Your OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANT DISORDER doubled the number of threads about NaNoWriMo.  Because now there's two (yours and Dingo's).

I'm sorry this particular chunk of interbutts has sat disturbing you for 12 years or so, really, but you're essentially singling out a person to ridicule who doesn't deserve it.

You could just not read the thread, OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANT DISORDER or not, like probably everyone else does with every other NaNoWriMo thread.

ETA TITLE CHANGE

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

Ah well fuck it I was going to bump every NaNoWriMo I could find, but I think that'll be enough.

I mean, this is retarded, but not THAT retarded.

ETA TITLE CHANGE

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel