News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

TGRR's Relationship Advice Thread.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 16, 2011, 08:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Dear Reverend,

I'm not pretty enough. My heart's too broken. I cry too much. I'm too outspoken.

WHAT DO?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 09:34:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 09:31:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 09:20:51 PM
Dear Reverend,

I got drunk and accidentally with my best friend. What now?

It's too early to tell.  More data is required.

Accidentally again when you're sober and record the results.

:lulz:

Complication: HE'S MARRIED. Yeah, she left him for another woman (this is about the fourth time that's happened) and they live in different houses, but married is married until the court says otherwise. Plus, this is about the fourth time this has happened, which means that he took her back the other three times.

Let's just look at that again:  She left him for another woman.  Again.   So who fucking cares?  He's not married, he's in a contractual nightmare.  If he takes her back again, though, drive him out to the bridge and let Portland deal with him.

You two already put your feet in the sticky stuff.  You may as well roll around in it for a while, and see if you like it. 

To put it another way, since you did it drunk, you're going to be really, really uncomfortable about it.  If you do it sober, you have no excuses to hide behind, and you'll just have to deal with it.

OK.

Will try again, and report results.

I am scared shitless.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Beardman Meow on November 16, 2011, 10:22:18 PM
Dear Reverend,

I'm not pretty enough. My heart's too broken. I cry too much. I'm too outspoken.

WHAT DO?

Peas, everyone loves you.

(I am not the Reverend, but I just wanted to say that)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 16, 2011, 10:11:59 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on November 16, 2011, 10:10:01 PM
I don't know if for real questions are allowed but I want to meet more people and make larger my chances of meeting someone who fits my standards and yet isn't gay.

WHAT DO?

Socialize.

Eat shit and die, murderaper. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 16, 2011, 10:11:59 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on November 16, 2011, 10:10:01 PM
I don't know if for real questions are allowed but I want to meet more people and make larger my chances of meeting someone who fits my standards and yet isn't gay.

WHAT DO?

Socialize.

OH, I'M SORRY!  I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE HOLY MAN'S™ ADVICE THREAD.  I WAS NOT AWARE THAT IT HAD BEEN SOLD TO A FUCKED UP PERVERT.  MY FUCKING BAD.  WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 10:26:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 09:34:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 09:31:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 09:20:51 PM
Dear Reverend,

I got drunk and accidentally with my best friend. What now?

It's too early to tell.  More data is required.

Accidentally again when you're sober and record the results.

:lulz:

Complication: HE'S MARRIED. Yeah, she left him for another woman (this is about the fourth time that's happened) and they live in different houses, but married is married until the court says otherwise. Plus, this is about the fourth time this has happened, which means that he took her back the other three times.

Let's just look at that again:  She left him for another woman.  Again.   So who fucking cares?  He's not married, he's in a contractual nightmare.  If he takes her back again, though, drive him out to the bridge and let Portland deal with him.

You two already put your feet in the sticky stuff.  You may as well roll around in it for a while, and see if you like it. 

To put it another way, since you did it drunk, you're going to be really, really uncomfortable about it.  If you do it sober, you have no excuses to hide behind, and you'll just have to deal with it.

OK.

Will try again, and report results.

I am scared shitless.

Be brave.

If he's a good friend, he won't be offended by, "that was something...  You up for giving it another go?"
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 16, 2011, 10:11:49 PM
Dear TGRR,

Why do men think it's okay to lie?

No wait...why do I date men that think it's okay to lie?

No wait...

WHY DO I SUCK AT THIS, AND HOW CAN FIX?!

Develop better taste in men.  The things you go for are, apparently, predominately displayed in shitbags.  Go for different things, or just learn to accept it and wallow in your inner guido.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Beardman Meow on November 16, 2011, 10:22:18 PM
Dear Reverend,

WHAT DO?

This sounds more like a question for my associate, Dr Kevorkian.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'd just also like to point out that Babylon fucking Horuv's advice to "socialize" is both the most infuriating and funny fucking thing I've seen this month.

This is not to say that BH shouldn't slide under a manure truck and get busy.  I'm just saying.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 10:41:27 PM
I'd just also like to point out that Babylon fucking Horuv's advice to "socialize" is both the most infuriating and funny fucking thing I've seen this month.

This is not to say that BH shouldn't slide under a manure truck and get busy.  I'm just saying.

Agreed.  :tgrr:  <-- Needs moar use! 

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 10:37:42 PM
Dear TGRR,

No wait...

Develop better taste in men.  The things you go for are, apparently, predominately displayed in shitbags.  Go for different things, or just learn to accept it and wallow in your inner guido.

I don't have enough yellow gold to wallow...no more shitbags it is.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

EK WAFFLR

Holy Man,

How do I get GF to get implants?  :?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 16, 2011, 10:44:45 PM
Dear TGRR,

No wait...

I don't believe that for one minute.

Just saying.  Because it ain't the guys, Suu, it's you picking them.  Whatever you've wired yourself to be attracted to is what's fucking you over time and time again, and frankly - not to be mean, here, just being straight with you - I don't think you're done kicking yourself in the ovaries just yet.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffle Iron on November 16, 2011, 10:46:17 PM
Holy Man,

How do I get GF to get implants?  :?

Tell her you'll get them first.

Seriously, just buy a fucking sex doll.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 16, 2011, 10:44:45 PM
Dear TGRR,

No wait...

I don't believe that for one minute.

Just saying.  Because it ain't the guys, Suu, it's you picking them.  Whatever you've wired yourself to be attracted to is what's fucking you over time and time again, and frankly - not to be mean, here, just being straight with you - I don't think you're done kicking yourself in the ovaries just yet.

No I believe you. There is seriously something wrong with my taste in men. But, only in New England, as the guys I dated down yonder were actually sweethearts.

Then again...we were teenagers, and didn't have a shitton of emotional fucking baggage, either.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."