News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Purple Manifesto

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, May 25, 2003, 09:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

It is easier to sound liberated than it is to actually go through the psychological changes
necessary to become liberated.

Through the processes of domestication we learn to become obedient slaves...and to cherish
the behaviors that confirm our loyal obedience

POSSIBILITIES / REALITIES

We are out to break open and dissolve the walls that are built by your fears, your dreams,
your fantasies, and your prejudices. There are always many different points of view, many
different angles which are in constant change, endlessly merging and recombining. To limit
identity to just one point of view is to commit mental fraud. To limit the self to just one
identity is to commit mental fraud. Beliefs are the bricks that the walls of hatred are built
from. A belief is just a pretty cover for a prejudice. In order to escape the trap of
prejudice and preconceptions it becomes necessary to get used to direct perception. In order to
get used to direct perception, it becomes necessary to know exactly how one's perceptions are
informed by various prejudices, beliefs, and notions.

The difference between performance artists and everyone else is that performance artists
know they are performing. The others are just under the twisted delusion that what they are
doing is somehow more a part of the real world. The problem with the concept of the 'real world'
is that no two people ever really agree on just what it means. And some people are even willing
to repress, maim, or kill others in attempts to get them to agree. It is best to just acknowledge
the performance and artistry with which we co-create our lives. This outlook may not be the
total unerring truth but I venture it would be more useful to approach life from this angle.

PMC (in conjunction with the Tequila Mistica Cabal)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

livid E. T.

not to infringe on your movement but i think we should found a movement that is based on something that we've never seen or heard of before.

i mean truly if everything we currently believe, or are trying to believe is true, it should be possible.

I mean the above so far sounds like RAW's expansion on that quote that "We are all far better artists than we realize."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Yeah. It's an attempt. No offense taken. Maybe it should just be an intro and not a manifesto as those tend to be a bit more profound. The problem with language and habits of language is that it's hard to escape from the forms of previous thoughts.
It is a manifesto in progress. Any further thoughts on it will be appreciated. Or maybe we should just scrap it. the insanity of the Cabal is probably much better represented in poetry.

livid E. T.

you should draw a picture for your manifesto, preferably on a napkin, and distribute it in leather-bound somethings.

PrincessEris von Tartarus

now this is one of the most difficult points in discordianism to me. before i really got into the material i was, yes i confess this, a bit afrait what an opening process would do to me and my mind and wellbeeing. i was scared to loose my grip and sense of stability in life.

this is what makes people close thier minds and mouths (and open the latter when it is absolutely futile) human beings need to know where they belong to feel at home somewhere. (geographically and mentally)

lets say the gratest art is to constantly try to archieve the maximal opening of the mind you can manage... and still remain "anchored" in some whay or the other. its the balance between positive eristic vibes and the positive aneristic vibes.

but to rest assured and say: "ohhh i do try my best to open up but rather keep my butt of thoughts rested cosily in my boundaries of beliefs, prejudice et alii" is not better thatn keeping a bloody closed mind beforehand.

really trying is catching yourself having prejudice and acting contrary to what you may think of someone or something. just to see what really lies behind the picture you have nailed into your brain. to loosen the nails maybe and gain a new little view of the world.

or how about doing something you are scared of. every day. i am not talking about great dangerous adventures or jackasses.
More like facing up to your inner fears and the boundaries in your thinking pattern that cause them.

nuff said about that for tonight ;)
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

You got it brother!
The point is to be aware of perceptions and biases...we all have them. How could we not? Then we can change them or rearrange them or even give them up.

Trollax

Eat the FNORDs for breakfast...
And make sure everyone else develops an insaitable taste for the bitter sludge and deadly shards of broken Imperatives like a ravenous and crazed cannibal in the middle of a fitness freak gym.

Then go around and start eating everyone elses FNORDs chasing the annoying little allaphors down with a psychic knife and fork and devouring them in great, dripping meaty chunks of close-minded proteinness...

After that start growing FNORDs and go FNORD bowling, or play FNORD pinball. Just throw em around like they're made of nothing, they aren't after all. Then put away your elephant gun and get your FNORD missile launcher and start blowing those little bastards to kingdom come...

Quote from: Linkin Park
Put you away with the pencil pistol
It's official with the sixteen line a rhyme missle.

~Massacrater Trollax~

kitaro

Mmmmm I feel something that should be stated on a manifesto is "no, you don't need to find your real self, there's no damn real self, forget it". When trying to deconstruct their education and break some chains, people usually try to rely on some absurd stable idea of the "true self".

I mean, that attitude that goes "oh yeah I'm bound by rules but should I find my real self inside all this crap, I'll become liberated by living it. You just gotta be yourself". If I was to write a manifesto for those "on the road", I would also try to influence the readers stop searching for themselves and realizing there's no self inside them; we're just our beliefs, traits, prejudices and so on. We can play with them, believe ourselves different traits and 'chaoticly' regulate ourselves to overcome and destroy regulations, but believing there's a deep-self more than our masks - wether we are playing with them or not - is pretty gullible.
:arrow: what I'd do was, :arrow: I'd pretend I :arrow: was one of those :arrow: deaf-mutes I thought :arrow: what I'd do was :arrow:

SMFabal

There is a "true self" that is part of us when we are born. I prefer calling it the "Deeper Self", and it wants three things: to eat, to sleep, and to fuck. At some point, the Deeper Self realizes it must remain alive to to these thing, so self preservation kicks in. After that, self preservation simply becomes more and more elaborate a concept as societial rules are impressed onto the Deeper Self, creating the "Masks" that become the person who lives in society. When thoses masks break down, you end up with criminals and the insane.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Tyallie

and us... or at least, me, who is an entierly different form of insane, so different, that its not
Hey Don't Look Now, There goes God In his sexy pants and his sausage dog And he can't stand Beelzebub cos he looks so good in black.
--
no reira e hoa ma te kai a te rangatira he korero me he koteo mau kupenga.

Trollax

Quote from: kitaroMmmmm I feel something that should be stated on a manifesto is "no, you don't need to find your real self, there's no damn real self, forget it". When trying to deconstruct their education and break some chains, people usually try to rely on some absurd stable idea of the "true self".

I mean, that attitude that goes "oh yeah I'm bound by rules but should I find my real self inside all this crap, I'll become liberated by living it. You just gotta be yourself". If I was to write a manifesto for those "on the road", I would also try to influence the readers stop searching for themselves and realizing there's no self inside them; we're just our beliefs, traits, prejudices and so on. We can play with them, believe ourselves different traits and 'chaoticly' regulate ourselves to overcome and destroy regulations, but believing there's a deep-self more than our masks - wether we are playing with them or not - is pretty gullible.

***Blinded by metaphysical brilliance our hero falls head over heels***

But anyway... on the subject of the deeper self. In my experience of it, it is simply a human being who can't be conned into believing in rules. Then there's the meta-level to that which involves a consciousness that has no rules, making it absolutely nothing and not even actually existent and very weird and extreme zen by encompassing everything that is +1 and not actually being it at all.

That's precisely why it's useless to contemplate it consciously. But if you can merge the conscious and the subconscious selves it becomes less of a problem because in turn you care less about the rules.

~Exceedingly Trollax~

eighteen buddha strike

The next time you have a dream, look at your hands.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I have much to digest and vomit and rearrange. Thank Eris for intelligence!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

But I pretty much agree with you Kitaro.

riff

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeThe next time you have a dream, look at your hands.
I've heard that before, as advice on achieving lucid dreaming.  In practice, it's hard to remember to do it, and I find it's better as a second step, to further ground yourself once lucidity has already been achieved.  

The best method I've found for a first step, is simply to ask yourself, as often as possible throughout the day, "Am I awake, or is this a dream?"  Look around you, take stock of your situation, and test yourself - by, say, attempting to change the color of a nearby object.  Eventually, it will be a dream, and once you realize it, you can take control.

It gets easier with practice, and can be a great tool for both magickal and mundane purposes.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.