News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

You'll protest when Governor Walker decides he will allow you to protest

Started by Cain, December 07, 2011, 07:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Hahaha oh wow

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/walker-administration-alters-protest-permit-requirements-6839brh-134845183.html

QuoteGroups of four or more people must obtain permits for all activity and displays in state buildings and apply for those permits at least 72 hours in advance. The policy requires permits for 100 or more people outside the Capitol. The policy does provide some leeway for spontaneous gatherings triggered by unforeseen events.

Groups holding demonstrations could be charged for the costs of having extra police on hand for the event. Costs associated with a counterprotest could be charged to that second group. The costs would be $50 per hour per Capitol Police officer - costs for police officers from outside agencies would depend on the costs billed to the state. The police could require an advance payment as a requirement for getting a permit and also could require liability insurance or a bond.

Making people pay for their own police beatdowns is an utterly genius move.

For the sake of comparison, here are the laws concerning protests in Brunei, which has been under martial law since 1962:

QuoteUnder the emergency powers, the [Brunei] government significantly restricted the right to assemble. According to the Societies Order, public gatherings of 10 or more persons require a government permit, and police have the authority to stop an unofficial assembly of five or more persons deemed likely to cause a disturbance of the peace.

Phox

Quote from: Cain on December 07, 2011, 07:34:27 PM
Hahaha oh wow

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/walker-administration-alters-protest-permit-requirements-6839brh-134845183.html

QuoteGroups of four or more people must obtain permits for all activity and displays in state buildings and apply for those permits at least 72 hours in advance. The policy requires permits for 100 or more people outside the Capitol. The policy does provide some leeway for spontaneous gatherings triggered by unforeseen events.

Groups holding demonstrations could be charged for the costs of having extra police on hand for the event. Costs associated with a counterprotest could be charged to that second group. The costs would be $50 per hour per Capitol Police officer - costs for police officers from outside agencies would depend on the costs billed to the state. The police could require an advance payment as a requirement for getting a permit and also could require liability insurance or a bond.

Making people pay for their own police beatdowns is an utterly genius move.

For the sake of comparison, here are the laws concerning protests in Brunei, which has been under martial law since 1962:

QuoteUnder the emergency powers, the [Brunei] government significantly restricted the right to assemble. According to the Societies Order, public gatherings of 10 or more persons require a government permit, and police have the authority to stop an unofficial assembly of five or more persons deemed likely to cause a disturbance of the peace.
Ya know, I'd say that this will go over like a lead balloon, but... given the state of affairs, I'll say it will go over like a Led Zeppelin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Prince Glittersnatch III

Im thinking of moving to Wisconsin just so I can recall this motherfucker. I dont think Ive ever seen a politician so utterly shameless about his evil.

Oh and you should see some of the Ads that get played in favor of not recalling him. They basically amount to

"People said if Walker destroyed unions it would destroy Wisconsin. Well Wisconsin is still here. Check-mate."
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Kai

Yep, good 'ole Walker. My mother, of all people, marched on the Capitol during the hoo-hah earlier this year. Turns out being under the rule of an asshole will turn even a mild moderate into a radical. It's been a joy staying with my parents because every day that passes with this shit they become more cynical and less beholden by any conservatism. Even my father, who comes from a family of conservatives (some of them more than a little racist) is steering away from that completely. Sometimes idiocy on high brings out the best in people.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Phox

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on December 07, 2011, 08:27:50 PM
Yep, good 'ole Walker. My mother, of all people, marched on the Capitol during the hoo-hah earlier this year. Turns out being under the rule of an asshole will turn even a mild moderate into a radical. It's been a joy staying with my parents because every day that passes with this shit they become more cynical and less beholden by any conservatism. Even my father, who comes from a family of conservatives (some of them more than a little racist) is steering away from that completely. Sometimes idiocy on high brings out the best in people.
You should move to Illinois. I mean, the politicians are all corrupt assholes who don't give a damn about the people, but at least they're honest about it.

Pæs