News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

MLiaC's Holiday Mission (should you choose to accept it)

Started by AFK, December 21, 2011, 04:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

2011 has been a pretty miserable year for a lot of people.  Add on top of that the fact that the Holidays tend to bring a lot of stress and misery to people anyway. 

So, I think it is our duty as Discordians to do something about that.

So here is the challenge for the Holidays. Warning, this will sound very Hallmarky and fuzzy.

Make people in your life laugh and smile.  But, be creative and unconventional, be unexpected.  When your Mom is sweating bullets because the ham isn't turning out well, tell her a joke or make a comment or do something to elicit a good guffaw. 

We talk alot about doom and gloom around here.  I think it's time to start pushing back against some of that shit, even if it is a temporary release. 

So have at it and report back.  I will be doing the same. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'll give it a go, but mom and I have different senses of humor.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Dysfunctional Cunt

I accept this challenge sir and I will report back after xmas to let you know what hilarity I was able to bring about!!!   :lulz:

AFK

Excellent!  You'll be like a one of the wisemen, except your delivering gifts of mirth instead of myrrh.  And who wants that shit anyway? 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 21, 2011, 07:01:20 PM
Excellent!  You'll be like a one of the wisemen, except your delivering gifts of mirth instead of myrrh.  And who wants that shit anyway? 

I do. Myrrh smells awesome. And it's fun to spell.

East Coast Hustle

Did I stumble in to Gaia Online by accident?

And since when did being a discordian mean you have duties? :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

We have Festivus today, so after screaming at each other all morning, we're moving onto beating each other with cardboard wrapping paper tubes as our feat of strength. 

Mom just fucking SCHOOLED me. :(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

I havent gone to see her yet, trip. Shes only a subway ride away so ill catch her on sunday. However i have decided to inject a little sinterklaas fun into my cards. Villagers card came out a little filthy though. :lulz:

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im sure ive bastardized it trip. But did exchange some gifts tonight with villager my keyboardist her sister and their old roommate tonight and it was a hit and declared a new tradition within our circle. Keyboardist sister said she wish shed heard of this before she wrapped up her boyfriends gift. And then she and i talked about krampus.

Nephew Twiddleton

And of course i will share with the gift revelations after all the gifts have been opened.

Triple Zero

We're talking about writing silly poem/rhymes that make fun of the recipient to include with presents, right?

... we didn't do Sinterklaas this year cause my brother didn't feel like it :(
[but I dunno he's not doing very well, depressed and unemployed but doesn't want to talk about it or accept much help, I wish I knew what to do]

Nephew Twiddleton

Yep thats exactly what i did. :) sorry to hear that you guys didnt do it this year. Seeing everyones reactions and them reading the poems out loud to each other really got me in a good mood. And it got them in a good mood too.