News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Facebook Timeline Covers

Started by Pæs, December 28, 2011, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Decided to start throwing together cover images for the new Facebook Timeline format.

Anyone got a favourite memebomb that needs illustrating, or a clever idea on how to use the combination of profile picture and background?
Feel like making more of these.

Triple Zero

What are these for? Does your timeline sort of go over it, or is it just a large banner type image you can put on top of your FB profile?

(ridiculous how impenetrable this FB stuff is when you never use it)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sita

I still have not had the timeline activated on either of my accounts yet.
This gives me and idea for when it does happen though.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Beardman Meow on December 28, 2011, 11:47:20 AM

For this one:

1) Don't use the Impact font, it's cheesy :) Instead, try to figure out what font the Facebook logo is (anyone know? loading the logo into a font-matcher takes time+effort), an easier choice would be the bold heading font (your username), which is Verdana Bold.

2) Copy the exact background blue, that is RGB(59, 89, 152) or #3b5998 depending what colour format your paint program uses.

3) Use a bit better JPG quality, some artifacts are fine but you don't want the letters to go all blurry like this.

4) You can use the "blue iron prison" graphic I also used on http://devio.us/~tripzilch , I adjusted it for Facebook Blue here:

Since it's partially cut off, it goes against the bottom-right edge of the blue rectangle.

On the other hand, if text/messages/timeline info or such actually goes over the image, just make it a jumble of hundreds of random characters on top of eachother, alternating in pure black and white. Kind of like the number-jumble they use on envelopes with important codes (creditcard PIN codes etc), it makes anything that is put on top of it nearly unreadable.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Phox

So, I'm having fun with my timeline, and I am in need of a good cover image. I figure this would be the thread to ask for ideas, since I currently have none. Though judging from the way things are playing out, I might dig out one of the WOMPs of Roger and me...  :lulz:

Cain

Facebook's Timeline is the most hideously clunky and utterly useless "innovation" in social networking since the invention of Mark Zuckerberg, in some marketing dweeb's basement circa 2005.

Pæs

Quote from: Cain on December 28, 2011, 07:10:36 PM
Facebook's Timeline is the most hideously clunky and utterly useless "innovation" in social networking since the invention of Mark Zuckerberg, in some marketing dweeb's basement circa 2005.
Yes, but you can add status updates to the PAST.
I AM THE MASTER OF HISTORY.

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 28, 2011, 01:02:43 PM
For this one:

1) Don't use the Impact font, it's cheesy :) Instead, try to figure out what font the Facebook logo is (anyone know? loading the logo into a font-matcher takes time+effort), an easier choice would be the bold heading font (your username), which is Verdana Bold.

2) Copy the exact background blue, that is RGB(59, 89, 152) or #3b5998 depending what colour format your paint program uses.

3) Use a bit better JPG quality, some artifacts are fine but you don't want the letters to go all blurry like this.

4) You can use the "blue iron prison" graphic I also used on http://devio.us/~tripzilch , I adjusted it for Facebook Blue here:

Since it's partially cut off, it goes against the bottom-right edge of the blue rectangle.

On the other hand, if text/messages/timeline info or such actually goes over the image, just make it a jumble of hundreds of random characters on top of eachother, alternating in pure black and white. Kind of like the number-jumble they use on envelopes with important codes (creditcard PIN codes etc), it makes anything that is put on top of it nearly unreadable.

Thanks Trip!

Yeah, these are a banner.
I've been putting them together in MSPAINT. That's saved as a PNG.

I'll look for a Facebook font. I think they use their own, but I'm sure someone has copied it.