News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

This would normally go in RPG ghetto, but it's too fucking AMAZING.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 01, 2012, 04:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I am laughing my ass off about Pitfalls and Penguins

this game looks spectacular, I think I may try it out soon

The Ransom-based publishing model mentione in Brainwash's article is really interesting - as print-on-demand gets more effective, and brick & mortar book sales continue to plummet, I think we're going to see a lot of interesting experiments in game publishing. It's really cool that those guys made it work!

Kai

Quote from: Cramulus on January 01, 2012, 06:48:41 PM
I am laughing my ass off about Pitfalls and Penguins

this game looks spectacular, I think I may try it out soon

The Ransom-based publishing model mentione in Brainwash's article is really interesting - as print-on-demand gets more effective, and brick & mortar book sales continue to plummet, I think we're going to see a lot of interesting experiments in game publishing. It's really cool that those guys made it work!

If I ever get a chance to play PnP, I've already decided I will play a Penguin Salaryman that wields a giant wooden mallet. Because, what's funnier than an office working, bureaucratic penguin who, after too many stupid people at work, goes into a blind rage as a giant hammer is pulled from a desk drawer.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pope Pastor Wolf-Something-Or-Other on January 01, 2012, 06:16:25 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 01, 2012, 05:46:12 AM
"We broke it. How do we fix it without ret-conning everything out of existence?"

I don't really know what their options are, at this point. Betcha 5th edition is going to have two options in the same manual; DM-driven storyteller mode and player-driven choose-your-own-adventure mode. That way they can appease everyone and get them in the same book, at least. :P
I betcah 5th edition will have 5 books, at least, required to play the game at its most basic.

Why?

Well, the PHB, the DMG, the MM and the "How to play this game without a DM" book and the "I am a tortured and misunderstood WRITER" guide to railroading and NPC theater.

BUUUUUUT

All the books will reference each other, so even if you don't want to play the game a certain way, you will need to buy them all for all the rules.

And the new version of OGL will be even more restrictive, and there will be no SRD available.

Sounding less and less like an RPG and more and more like job-class training for security guard.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.