News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Dok.... just DAMNIT.

Started by Richter, January 09, 2012, 03:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

So I saw you called.  Didn't mean to miss you for the second time in a row.  Practice was in full swing, lots of people, and a new husband/wife pair getting into heavy armor for the first time.  Nice folks.  Crowd of parents, family, kids too.  Luna was playing safety marshal, and had to gaff a few fighters away from them. I get back home, snarf down some cheese snacks and tabouleh, and kicking around the Internets gets me onto a new crop of urban legends.  Not that a lady with a roach growing out of her tongue wasn't cringe worthy enough, but then I came across a re-tooling of your "baby doll" story.

...now a few things got me about this.  It was about an American baby kidnapped, and mom finds it at the border, and it's like the end of an episode of "Extreme Makeover".  American babies have more impact apparently.  The other thing is they made it an urban legend.  Urban legends are fine, but most people tell them, get a spooky feeling, but can go on there day believing it's fake.  The sort of thing the kept the X-Files in production. 

Thanks to you Dok, I know better.  It makes Mad Max, or "The Road" seem almost mundane.  (Desolation being a perfectly good excuse to go cannibal psycho, after all.)  The things people do to bend themselves around restrictions other people have put in place, while things are supposedly within one standard deviation of "civilization", are weirder still.  Hell, the ones worth watching out for are using it as cover for fucksake.

I'm going to go back to dwelling on the morality of my buddy's war story about the ANCOP and the "Accidentally" live grenade.  That was stone freak behavior with a heart of gold behind it. 

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on January 09, 2012, 03:28:06 AM
So I saw you called.  Didn't mean to miss you for the second time in a row. 

That's what Time Control™ is for.  ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! IT NEVER HAPPENED YET and STILL DIDN'T GOING TO. I'll call some other time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.